Lakeland, GA

Lanier County High School 3

Posted August 15, 2014
This school has gotten a little better over the years, however there are many kids that bully. The teachers nor the administrators ever do anything about it and it should change. Bullying causes a lot of things including depression so being bullied everyday could lead to someone committing suicide. This is a REAL problem that NEEDS to be addressed.

Lanier County High School 1

Posted November 25, 2012
This school rates a zero. My oldest son went to Lanier County High for his freshman year in 2006. Luckily, we were able to move out of the area for the rest of his high school time. Three problems I had with this school: 1. The counselor gave the parents and students a visual demonstration on freshman orientation night describing why the children didn't need to go to college. She described statistics that showed that 70% of them would get jobs that didn't require college degree, and then that of the 30% that attended college, only 10% would ever graduate. 2. The tech prep diploma is not accepted at any college except Valdosta Tech or GA Military College. The diploma isn't worth the paper it's printed on. 3. Expectations for the children are low, and therefore no effort is made to improve the school curriculum.

Posted March 17, 2011
Lanier Co High has made progress in the last year and has really become a school that parents want to send their kids to due to the hard work or the new administration and team effort! Kudos! Keep up the hard work!

Posted February 25, 2010
Lanier High School is a clean environment for the students and faculty

Posted April 02, 2009
This school uses its size as an excuse not to present a challenging curriculum. If students ask for a harder class we are told that there 'isnt money for it' and dismissed. The teachers constantly complain about being unable to teach because classes are 'integrated' (which basically means that people who should be taking honors and AP classes are thrown in with the general populace as are slower kids who need special help). Rules are not enforced across the board and racial tensions are high. I wish I could say I learned anything academic in high school but all I've gotten out of the last four years is that I need to save to send my children to private school because (so we've been told) all public schools are run as if monkeys in khakis and polo shirts are in charge. That is to say, very very poorly.

Posted March 10, 2009
Our school is alright but has some issues with actually challenging students. i get so bored in school not because i just don't choose to do anything,but because e don't do anything! i really hope that someone from my school reads this and does something about our curriculum. I go to school to learn and am prepared to do so! some one out there please teach me something!!

Posted February 25, 2009
we do our best for a small town im a student there were not that bad the teachers are nice... go bulldogs!!!

Posted February 20, 2009
I went to this school as a child, and nothing has changed. Its still a poor organized school, i have childern in the elem. and in middle and high school and there all the same. Teachers are not involved as they should be. Teachers that coach should not be aloud to teach 'sports are mor important to this school' quit downing the students and encourage them. So what kind of school are they trying to run up there?

Posted January 09, 2009
Very good school. I was welcomed when I moved to the Valdosta area. It is worth the drive (7-8 miles) to send my kids to a smaller school yet big enough to fulfill the needs of me and my children.

Lanier County High School 1

Posted August 02, 2008
If there is one thing that bothers me more than any thing else about this school It Is, that there is no-open door policy. In fact, their student/parent handbook states that Surprise visits are not allowed as they interrupt the teacher's instructional time with all children in the class. I have had my children in school where parents where encouraged to be a part of their childrens education, and it was a win win outcome. This policy makes me feel very uneasy. What do they have to hide? There is a way to balance the two. Other schools do with great sucess. Get parents involved and whatch the test scores go up! It is budget friendly too.

Lanier County High School
325 W Patten Ave, Lakeland, GA  31635
Last modified Lanier County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lanier County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top