Bad
Good

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East 1

Posted September 08, 2010
The leadership/Principal and this school overall are unsatisfactory. Since 2008 It is nothing more than a place to put students who either make poor test scores or in the STPP (straight to prison pipeline). This school would be in the bottom 3 of Atlanta City schools based on test scores.

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East 4

Posted July 05, 2008
I went to the Give several years ago. At first it was difficult, but over time I adapted. I come from a troubled back ground and they helped me to tolerate that situation. I only wish that my father had not allowed me to leave after I finished my appointed time there. I dropped out and got my GED I now have a home and kids of my own and hope to serve them better than my family did.

Posted August 04, 2007
The best School in Gwinnett, no lie most greatest and experinced Teachers no u personally, work with you individually, perfect spot for easy grades.........beats any reg school in the county!

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East 4

Posted May 17, 2007
My son attended the GIVE Center and it was the best thing for him. Even though he was an Honors student he did not perform to his potential at his normal high school. At the GIVE he made straight A's and paid attention in class. This carried over when he went back to his home school. He graduates this year, without his time at the GIVE we wouldn't be able to see him walk across the stage to get his diploma. It is true that they don't assign homework nor do they get to take textbooks home, some classes use worksheets instead of textbooks, but your kid will get out of it what he/she puts into it. If they didn't learn anything all year is because they didn't want to learn. The teachers put up with a lot of bad kids (thats why they are there in the first place).

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East 2

Posted March 02, 2007
I think this school is horrible. My son had to got there for 1 year and did not learn a thing. He never had homework assignments and hardley had text books. There was no additional coundeling or help provided.

Posted March 02, 2007
The GIVE Center turned the lives of both of my sons around. The teacher's positive approach rebuilt their self-esteem that had been torn down by their past teachers. My oldest son graduates this semester Magna Cum Laude in Micro-Biology at UGA. My youngest son is completing his second year of college, a dean's list 'A' student and plans to be an Architect. They were C, D, F students before the GIVE Center and in trouble. Today they are fine, upstanding citizens. We are very proud of them. Thank You so Much.

Posted December 02, 2005
I did better at the GIVE Center than any other school. The teachers understood me and took the time to care. Ms. Reed Mr. C Mr. Daly and Mr. Henry helped me and really truned me around.

Posted August 05, 2005
I attended this school about 4 yrs ago and it completely changed my life for the better. The amazing teachers and the structure of the environment worked wonders for me. I'm a successful high school gradute who is now in school studying healthcare. I know that I wouldn't be where I am today if not for the GIVE Center and there amazing teachers. The small class size and individual attention makes it an ideal environment.

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East

Posted July 30, 2005
I enjoyed being at the G.I.V.E. The teachers there were great. Some of the teachers didn't to much care about the students, some of them spend more time writting you up then teaching you, but most of them did care about the students. I attend to the G.I.V.E last school year. It wasn't a good school to be at but the teachers and staffs there made it to become a good school. I also enjoyed being there because we got out early even though you had to wake up early to get there on time. The only thing i could say about what i didn't like is that there really wasn't any transportation besides the short yellow buses and the dress code (the fact that we had to wear uniforms), but everything else was good though. I really enjoyed being there.

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East 3

Posted March 11, 2005
When I attended G.I.V.E. I had a really good experience. The teachers helps you when you need it and they don't make it feel like a prison, they try to make it a fun environment to learn and to be in. I was also involved in leadership, which is a very good thing to try and be involved in and helps you meeet more people. The art program is also a fun thing to be involved in even if you aren't the best in art you will learn the basics and be able to build up your abilities. But most important they help you learn from and accecpt the mistake you made to be at the G.I.V.E. center.

Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East
723 Hi-Hope Road, Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Last modified Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East is a Public school that serves grades 6-12