Bad
Good

The leadership/Principal and this school overall are unsatisfactory. Since 2008 It is nothing more than a place to put students who either make poor test scores or in the STPP (straight to prison pipeline). This school would be in the bottom 3 of Atlanta City schools based on test scores.

I went to the Give several years ago. At first it was difficult, but over time I adapted. I come from a troubled back ground and they helped me to tolerate that situation. I only wish that my father had not allowed me to leave after I finished my appointed time there. I dropped out and got my GED I now have a home and kids of my own and hope to serve them better than my family did.

The best School in Gwinnett, no lie most greatest and experinced Teachers no u personally, work with you individually, perfect spot for easy grades.........beats any reg school in the county!

My son attended the GIVE Center and it was the best thing for him. Even though he was an Honors student he did not perform to his potential at his normal high school. At the GIVE he made straight A's and paid attention in class. This carried over when he went back to his home school. He graduates this year, without his time at the GIVE we wouldn't be able to see him walk across the stage to get his diploma. It is true that they don't assign homework nor do they get to take textbooks home, some classes use worksheets instead of textbooks, but your kid will get out of it what he/she puts into it. If they didn't learn anything all year is because they didn't want to learn. The teachers put up with a lot of bad kids (thats why they are there in the first place).

I think this school is horrible. My son had to got there for 1 year and did not learn a thing. He never had homework assignments and hardley had text books. There was no additional coundeling or help provided.

The GIVE Center turned the lives of both of my sons around. The teacher's positive approach rebuilt their self-esteem that had been torn down by their past teachers. My oldest son graduates this semester Magna Cum Laude in Micro-Biology at UGA. My youngest son is completing his second year of college, a dean's list 'A' student and plans to be an Architect. They were C, D, F students before the GIVE Center and in trouble. Today they are fine, upstanding citizens. We are very proud of them. Thank You so Much.

Last modified Gwinnett Intervention Education (GIVE) Center East is a Public school that serves grades 6-12