Lawrenceville, GA

Simonton Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2011
I am happy with school ,with the all staff personal whos working here.I Llike all of this school

Posted September 13, 2011
I love this school. The improvement have been notorious. The results of CRCT test showed how this school has improved. Mi son and dauther love to go to school. I'm so proud of Simonton, its Principal and its teachers.

Posted August 19, 2011
The school has improved immensely under Dr. Young's leadership. She is extremely involved with the children. I have been very lucky to have Ms. Stacey Hughes and Ms. Whaley as my child's gifted education teachers. They are very open and approachable. I hope we see more parent involvement as this is the key to better academic performance.

Posted August 03, 2011
I'm very impressed by the principal's involvement in the kids activity. Wow my child's teacher in Kindergarten has a masters degree and working on a doctorate and above all my kid can read very well and is actually 2 grades above her reading class. I do understand the prior problem in d school was overcrowding but thank God for Gwinnett county 2 schools were built to ease this. Above all most parents think the job is done once their kids go to school and its the sole responsibility of the teachers to educate the kids; NO they have 80% of the work cut out for them to make sure their kids excel.

Posted June 26, 2011
I love this school, Dr. Young is really involved with the children and has introduced some great new programs. My son had Mrs. Little in Kindergarten and Mrs. Hammond in 1st grade and also Mrs. Whaley for as his gifted and talented teacher. All of these teachers were very open and honest, communication was a two way street and they always returned emails the same day.

Simonton Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2010
The focus at this school appears to be test scores. The so-called leadership at this school seems to care nothing for the overall development of the whole and complete child. Kindergarten has become a testing preparation farm where children are expected to have adult cognitive and reasoning skills (many adults do not have this). Kindergarten was founded as a place where children observe and explore the world in which they live through teacher facilitation. No more!! This school cares only about the numbers and will not attempt to go outside of their box. Children who are slow to be assimilated are punished at this school. Parents Beware!!!

Simonton Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2010

Posted November 12, 2009

Simonton Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
We just had my sons old 1st grade teacher become teacher of the yeaR!!!! (Go Ms. Adams!!!!) The care and dedication of all staff!

Simonton Elementary School 0

Posted July 15, 2009
I am terribly disappointed with Simonton Elementary...My childs only saving grace was that for the first 2 years (K+1st) he had decent teachers who really cared. That, by the way, is very hard to come by at this school. The entire mood there is miserable. The faculty claim to care but i find that they really are just on a power trip. I would be at that school almost once a week and would come see my child at lunch just to check on him. I sat in on his class 1 time and realized why he came home so miserable & unhappy. If you have the option in anyway for your child to not attend this school then run run run!!--Not to mention the over crowding and the fact that the majority of the classes dont speak english! I understand this is not the childrens fault but if

Simonton Elementary School
275 Simonton Rd, Lawrenceville, GA  30045
Last modified Simonton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Simonton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top