Bad
Good

My boys are currently attending school there. So far they are doing well. They are having an OK experience. Although, some of the teachers need to work on notifying parents when their child is not doing OK in class. My boys like it there.

Prior to my daughter's entry into Kanoheda, I was concerned she would not get the best education based on the school's rating on this and other sites. Weighing my options, I made an appointment to be given a tour of the school and meet key staff. Everyone welcomed my interest, and I was really impressed by the school's data showing student achievement. Title I monies allowed for additional resources to support classroom instruction. I observed a clean, orderly school with happy teachers and students. I decided to give the school a try, and I haven't not regreted one day of the nearly three years my daughter has been in attendance. The school has routinely gone above and beyond to meet the academic needs of my gifted student. She loves her school. I routinely volunteer in the school, and I know that these folks do amazing things for their students coming from challenging socioeconomic conditions. Thus, the ongoing deficit of parental involvement. Before judging the value of a school for your child, make sure you fully check into it.

I moved to Georgia last summer and I was afraid, not knowing the schools well. My son did very well at Kanoheda. A few minor problems with kids cursing and borthering him. Overall, i kept in great communication w/the AP and teacher and he now going to the 5th, not at Kanaheda, but I hope Grayson ES offers good caring and attentive Teachers.

I moved to Georgia last summer and I have four children in Kanoheda and we are very happy with all of the staff. Im only sad next year they have to attend a different school for zoning reasons.

I feel the Teachers at Kanoheda has been a tremendous help in the advancement of my children. They should be commended for the work they do with these children. Even though the school is majority spanish, my children still get all the attention they need.

The quality of academic programs has been great for the two years my daughter has been there I can only speck for those years. The music, art and sports and other extracurricular has been great as well for her grade level. The parent involvement well if you work and a single parent you miss out on a lot because everything is in the morning while I'm working but if they need me to send things to school I am able to do that at 100% but I would like to be physical involve sometime as well.

Kanoheda needs to replace the current principal, in order to become successful. There is massive teacher turn-over (for the past 4 years, since she came) only because of the current principal. Kanoheda needs to retain those great, caring teachers and get rid of the current principal. Keep the great teachers and create a wonderful school environment with quality teachers.

I had two children to attend Kanoheda and I was extremely pleased with the level of education at this school. The teachers are pleasant and extremely knowledgeable. The overall staff really supports student academic and social progress. The principal is excellent.

it seems as though the authorities are do not take parental concerns very seriously or sensitively according to the situation.I would not recommend this school to anyone who is truly concerned about their child's learning or well being.

Also, the Parent Center is headed by one of the most fabulous, gifted, caring, dedicated and knowledgeable former teachers you'll ever meet. The woman headed this center is a truly a gift to all parents.

Last modified Kanoheda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.