Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)

This school has become like a home to me. The teachers are understanding and they will work with you to help you do your best. The students, especially in my band and leadership classes, are so much fun and they are there for me when I need them. This school is so underestimated and I believe that people have gotten the wrong idea about Central

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal is not serious person she trying to talk with me like im a child shes disrespect

Today first day registration the principal OMG shes terrible like bad they did so many mistakes I show up there at 8am and I make lines and different places I ask and they give to me bad information 3 hrs loose my time when I complaining with the principal she said was my fault

The school has come a long way to improve learning, standards, and ethics. Self esteem for all seems to have improved.

Overall, a lot of changes have been made at CGHS over the past few years. The old reputation of being a "bad" school just doesn't apply to it anymore. I agree that the lower level classes are generally less appealing, and a portion of the student body is unmotivated. However, the new student leadership team is actively working to change that. Personally, I think that if a student becomes involved in extracurricular activities and challenges themselves academically, then they will have a great time at CGHS.

Very solid AP programs but lower level classes seem lack luster. We use 8 classes, alternating between A-Days and B-Days, each consisting of 4 classes. This calls for more homework to be done at home to fit in all the information by he end of the year, but it definitely assist with credits. The faculty and staff are supportive, fun, and nice to talk to. Mrs. Grimes, our principle seems to not want to adjust to all of kids regular doings. Also there are a lot of stuck up and rude kids that don't try nearly as hard as others, and they are the ones bringing test scores down in most cases. Plenty of clubs and plenty of community support.

We're slowly getting better since we've switched to the academy programs. The opening of Discovery has also gotten rid of major problem kids streaming from Richards Middle. Diverse population and improving education. Very community service centric. After all, we're the ones that host the Trick-Or-Treat event every year.

Central is a good and I like how there starting to change thing around to better us.

Develops character: Agree

I've been going to this school for almost 3 years and it's an amazing school! The teachers care about the students and do their best to try to help the students succeed.

Central Gwinnett is a good school. We all come together at football games and other events to support our school and share our thoughts and feelings about changes in the school to make it a better school. With all the bad talk about central, many fail to forget every high school has its flaws.

Last modified Central Gwinnett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.