Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 2,890

Central Gwinnett High School 3

Posted August 18, 2015
Central is a good and I like how there starting to change thing around to better us.

Central Gwinnett High School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 16, 2015
I've been going to this school for almost 3 years and it's an amazing school! The teachers care about the students and do their best to try to help the students succeed.

Posted August 16, 2015
Central Gwinnett is a good school. We all come together at football games and other events to support our school and share our thoughts and feelings about changes in the school to make it a better school. With all the bad talk about central, many fail to forget every high school has its flaws.

Posted August 13, 2015
The student population and spirit is amazing. I've been going to this school for 2 years already and have two siblings that have graduates. I couldn't ask for a better school. There are so many resources for support and so many clubs/sports to join to get the full high school experience. I love it at Cebtral.

Posted August 13, 2015
Central is a awesome school with great teachers and nice students. Central is one of the best schools in gwinnett county and central has the best principal ever.

Posted January 23, 2015
Central gwinnett high school is the best. All the teachers care about us and are education. Are principle is all about making are school a great school and it is a great school. The students there all care about there education and want to do better. Also are principle is working hard everyday to make the school a safe place most of all the students and staff to feel safe. Yes we do have some problems in are school but so does every other school to. But we black Knights work together to solve the problems that we have. So I am proud to say I am a central gwinnett highs school student and a black knight always will be. Hope most of the parents find this helpful thank you.

Central Gwinnett High School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
My granddaughter is being bully by low life boys who are lsexuality harassing in class and nothing done about it. My granddaughter is an honor student and I am afraid foofr her because of what she has to deal with everyday. This boys are dangerous and one is out of jail. The school better do something or we are taking her out of the school.

Posted September 18, 2014
As an alumni, the school is great if you are AP or Honors classes. If you are not, your screwed. The kids in AP and Honors classes tend to stick together even in the lunch room. The values and interests of the students in College Prep classes are completely different.

Central Gwinnett High School 1

Posted August 10, 2014
I have 7 children and they attended Central Gwinnett 6 years ago. I am a single parent and I have a MASTER'S Degree in EDUCATION. I see Central Gwinnett hasn't changed much since it moved out the district. I had the same issues as the April 24th comment. I had to go to my daughter school because she had to use a friends phone to call me because Teacher/ Administrator wouldn't address a bullying issue. Eventually, the girl followed her after school with another group and she attacked my daughter. They both were put out of school. My daughter was an Honor a Student. She had another incident in Middle School where a young man slapped her out her seat and she fought back and got detention. So because of the previous incident she had to attend Give East. If I could home school I would. Teachers have a negative mindset about children/families so this doesn't help. The better schools you have to deal with racism. The most important thing is parents talk to your children and make phone calls and send emails often if you can't make it to the school on a regular basis. Good Luck.

Posted August 09, 2014
I would like to respond to the April 24th, 2014 commenter. How is commenting about the students and parents of the school going to benefit the school as a whole. The teachers and staff cannot control who they teach. We can only do the best with what is given to us. Instead of openly criticizing, why dont you volunteer at the school as a parent and help us change the culture? Teachers and Administrators cannot do it on our own. Every school has these problems you mention. Yes, even the sacred cow known as Brookwood High School has issues with gangs, drugs, and fights. Be a parent at the school, support the teachers and you can be a part of the catalyst to turn the tide against the very items you openly criticize us for.

Central Gwinnett High School
564 W Crogan St, Lawrenceville, GA  30045
Last modified Central Gwinnett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Gwinnett High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top