Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 2,563

Posted September 29, 2014
My granddaughter is being bully by low life boys who are lsexuality harassing in class and nothing done about it. My granddaughter is an honor student and I am afraid foofr her because of what she has to deal with everyday. This boys are dangerous and one is out of jail. The school better do something or we are taking her out of the school.

Posted September 18, 2014
As an alumni, the school is great if you are AP or Honors classes. If you are not, your screwed. The kids in AP and Honors classes tend to stick together even in the lunch room. The values and interests of the students in College Prep classes are completely different.

Posted August 10, 2014
I have 7 children and they attended Central Gwinnett 6 years ago. I am a single parent and I have a MASTER'S Degree in EDUCATION. I see Central Gwinnett hasn't changed much since it moved out the district. I had the same issues as the April 24th comment. I had to go to my daughter school because she had to use a friends phone to call me because Teacher/ Administrator wouldn't address a bullying issue. Eventually, the girl followed her after school with another group and she attacked my daughter. They both were put out of school. My daughter was an Honor a Student. She had another incident in Middle School where a young man slapped her out her seat and she fought back and got detention. So because of the previous incident she had to attend Give East. If I could home school I would. Teachers have a negative mindset about children/families so this doesn't help. The better schools you have to deal with racism. The most important thing is parents talk to your children and make phone calls and send emails often if you can't make it to the school on a regular basis. Good Luck.

Posted August 09, 2014
I would like to respond to the April 24th, 2014 commenter. How is commenting about the students and parents of the school going to benefit the school as a whole. The teachers and staff cannot control who they teach. We can only do the best with what is given to us. Instead of openly criticizing, why dont you volunteer at the school as a parent and help us change the culture? Teachers and Administrators cannot do it on our own. Every school has these problems you mention. Yes, even the sacred cow known as Brookwood High School has issues with gangs, drugs, and fights. Be a parent at the school, support the teachers and you can be a part of the catalyst to turn the tide against the very items you openly criticize us for.

Posted April 24, 2014
The downfall of this school is that the majority of students come from low income homes, and they dont push education on their children. This school also has a high rate of fights, gang activity and lots of drugs, not a place for upper middle class students, Brookwood is another world compared to Central.

Central Gwinnett High School 2

Posted March 22, 2014
If you are a prospective teacher considering working at Central Gwinnett, trust me....don't. Teachers can't get out of here fast enough. It's like trying to escape off a sinking ship.

Posted March 10, 2014
Some of the assistant principals who were hired last school year are poor leaders. They lack social skills. A Doctorate does not mean anything if you do not how to treat employees fairly and respectfully.

Posted April 22, 2013
CGHS is a great school - the teachers have been extremely helpful and responsive to my student this year. Thanks for making the 9th grade experience a really good one!

Central Gwinnett High School 5

Posted April 03, 2013
The New principle Mrs. Grimes has this school moving in the right direction and will be at the top of the schools cluster in the very near future.

Central Gwinnett High School 5

Posted June 06, 2012
i went to central my 9th grade year and it is a great school. The school offers tutoring and when it come to sports grade come first. The school id always looking forward to bettering itself. The school now has it where the 9th graders are separated from the upperclassmen until tenth grade. For lunch the school has a big variety of different foods for example veggie.

Central Gwinnett High School
564 W Crogan St, Lawrenceville, GA  30045
Last modified Central Gwinnett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Gwinnett High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top