Bad
Good

Gwin Oaks is an amazing school. My kids have been at GOES for 3 years, and we've had excellent experiences with both teachers and administration. Any time I've had concerns, I've been heard and my issues have been addressed. The community support for Gwin Oaks is incredible. There is a large and involved PTA, ample volunteer support, and the local businesses and churches are active partners in the school. Despite being a relatively large school, my children have always received the individual attention needed to perform at their very best.

I'm a new parent to Gwin Oaks and my son in kindergarten is loving every bit of going to school. Thus far, I must say his teacher has being excellent and I don't have any complaints about other staff of the school. All the staff members are friendly, attentive, cares about their students and appears to love their job. Fantastic neighborhood, friendly families and a great school, what more could I ask for. The school is diverse, I have seen parents from different cultural background and ethnicity relate and get along very well.

cont of post on June 29, 14: Yes, GOES is dedicated 2higher learning but they are truly more focused on their reputation as a "10" rated school & test scores. They r really only dedicated 2a select group of kids & not ensuring all their students are exceling at their best. (this school exercises nepotism towards certain kids especially those of southeast asian backgrounds & their parents only stick with one another, very clickish) They rather pass students just 2keep their ratings high. And most parents and staff are not going to admit that GOES has flaws that desperately need to be addressed only because if it doesn't directly affect them they don't care. If your looking for a school like how greatschools describes parent involvement as being treated as a partner not an outsider & wld like 2be included in every aspect of your child's education while also being part of a family oriented environment then GOES is not the place 2send your child. Desperately hoping the new school year will be dramatically different but sure wish we were going elsewhere.

I am not pleased with this school. It does not feel like a welcoming place for families. It is understandable that with the new principal there would be a period of transition. But the lack of organization and poor customer service is unexceptable.

I love this school! And I go to this school. I mean things could be better. But the teachers are very nice and hard working. All the special teachers are nice and funny. Trust me you will not regret this school.

Best school ever! Teachers really care about the students and their learning. Parents and students both love this school.

Fantastic teachers, administration and staff. A wonderful neighborhood school dedicated to higher learning! We've been very pleased with the school so far and our kids love going every day!

I Originally thought, "Wow, the school is small.." But, that had NO Disqualifications when it comes to "Gwin Oaks!" This school and it's staff are More than DYNAMIC, they are Extremely DEDICATED to a Higher Standard of Education. Not to Mention a rating a "10!" (My personal point of view) Behavioral standards ex: Bullying, zero tolerance...The Teacher's usually keep this kind of behavior at a very low tolerance. Children WILL test this area BUT, Gwin Oaks is a "10" and Our Son Couldn't have made us More Proud! With the Front Staff & their attentative concerns and help along with the school counselor, (10+) and Whole staff, I couldn't express what Gratitude we have for 5 wonderful yrs. Our son is Now moving forward to Middle School! Many Great memories, The teacher's not only help student's that fall behind but push those that excel. Thank You Gwin Oaks and Whole Staff...

I recently visited Gwin Oaks Elementary School and I have to say that I was impressed. The administrative counselor Mrs. Pugh gave an awesome and thorough tour. Mrs. Pugh was very enthusiastic about this school and she answered all of my questions. The children seemed very happy and Mrs. Pugh knew all the lil ones by name. This seems to be a very down to Earth and nurturing learning environment. And I was most impressed with the fact that the school was in the middle of a power outage and the children were orderly and well behaved. And Mrs. Pugh pulled off the tour without a hitch when she obviously had her hands full

They truly care about the students and the families that attend the school.

Last modified Gwin Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.