Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,341

Cedar Hill Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
I'm very disappointed about this school. The teacher never responds to the notes I send her. My son is in 2nd grade and he has been bull a lot he comes home bruise from some kids, spitting on his face and pushing him around. This school is very unorganized and this school is an embarrassment.

Cedar Hill Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2013
My child is going into the fifth grade and what we have dealt with in the 4th grade 2012-2013 year was horrifying and an embarrassment to this school. The AP MS. Valrie is the least to be desired in regards to handling situation of BULLIES on and off the bus at this school. My son was verbally threaten several times and even assaulted 15 times to his ribs area on the bus with NO punishment to the bully not even a suspension off the bus. Yes I do agree with the comment below that the TEACHERS not Administrators but the TEACHERS at this school are WONDERFUL. My child every year because of the teachers at this school exceeded the CRCT. TEACHERS ARE WONDERFUL! Administration is the least to be desired! Personal opinion put your child in karate and teach your child to fight back if necessary!

Posted October 28, 2012
My 17+ years at this school under the leadership of 5 principals has been the best experience of my life. CHES presents itself as a "family" that grows each year by building relationships between parents/ teachers/ counselors/ students/administrators and providing quality education to all students utilizing on-going staff development in and outside of the school. Staff is hired after interviewing w/a committee of admin/teachers, ensuring the continuation of a quality school where the children are our top priority not only academically, but also socially and emotionally. We encourage parents to be a part of their child's educ. through conferences, family activities, volunteering, and other special events - some which bring our staff outside the school to our community. It is a place where ALL children are loved, nurtured, educated and above all, safe. One of CHES' special characteristics is the diversity of it's population. We bring understanding of and meaning to all cultures - at CHES, we teach the "whole" child and they will make our nation greater-a place where everyone gets along. At CHES we care about your child's present...AND their future. IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO BE!

Cedar Hill Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2012
This school leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the administration. The principal and her assistants don't know which end is up when it comes to conflict resolution and effective communication. A great school for the "hands off" parent because the teachers make sure the lesson is taught. However if you are looking for any dialogue between parents and leadership DO NOT ENROLL your student here!

Posted May 23, 2011
Cedar Hill has been a great experience for my family and our three kids. The teachers and administration greet us with a smile and engage our kids in the classroom. They provide timely feedback and respond to inquiries appropriately. Grades are provided on the counties parent portal so we can track out kids academic progress daily. Cedar Hill provides several family-oriented activities such as the Science Fair, Literacy Night, International ("food tasting") Night, and the Math Fair. Dr. Bearse is a wonderful principal who greets use at every school event. Parents may have nothing to say but hello, but Dr. Bearse will say something that prompts a conversation or comment. My kids know her by name and converse with her every opportunity they get.

Cedar Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 02, 2010
Cedar Hill has been a great experience for my daughter. Her teachers for the last 4 years have been wonderful. She's been challenged tremendously. Mrs. Frame, Mrs. McBride, Mrs. Mylander, Mrs. Hunt, and Ms. Otten are amazing teachers. Mr. Asztalos is also a wonderful FOCUS teacher. I know she has learned so much from them. While the school isn't the best, their teachers, at least the ones my daughter has had, are excellent!

Cedar Hill Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2010
This school is not for the parent who wants there child to succeed in academics. My son Kindergarten teachre Ms. Mitchell was wonderful and then the teacher quality hit rock bottom. I believe a lot of it is because the parents are not involved and uninterested, which allows the teachers to become unmotivated.

Cedar Hill Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
All staff are the best!!! They are kind & caring. Very informative & they make you feel good about your kids going to that school.

Posted August 29, 2008

Cedar Hill Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
Overall Cedar Hill is a good school. The important thing to remember is stay involved as a parent in your childs education. The only complaint that I have is that I have to constantly ask the teachers how my childrens grades are. Also they do not hold the children responsible for not turning in assignments and I did not find out that my children would be missing assignments unless I contacted the teachers. This year will be my second year at Cedar Hill, I am anticpating that it will be better than the first. My daughter who is going to the sixth grade this year had A's, B's and C's for the first time since 3rd grade so I was happy about that. I finally seem to get her some assistance while at Cedar Hill. Overall it's a good school.

Cedar Hill Elementary School
3615 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA  30044
Last modified Cedar Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top