No rating

Collins Hill Christian School

Private | PK-7

Living in Lawrenceville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $128,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted November 30, 2013

Collins Hill Christian School has been an Amazing experience for all 4 of my children. I am pleased at my decision to send them to a school that instills a firm foundation in Christ as well as challenging academics that will prepare them for the future. One of the BEST Parental Decision that I have made!! The Teachers and staff are AWESOME!!

Posted October 5, 2013

We recently left a different school in the Lawrenceville area and have chosen this school and we could be more happy! My son knows so much about the bible and the disciplinary system is great. I always know what's going on in his classroom and how well he behaves everyday. They offer great lunch that is free for 4k and the structure of the whole school is professional and loving. My son comes home happy and can't wait to tell us about his day. Unlike the other school we took he too where he would cry everyday when we dropped him off. We are so excited to have chosen such a great school.

Posted June 4, 2013

I choose this school because of the widely acclaimed ABEKA curriculm they offer. My son learned in learned in pre-k what public school doesn't teach until 1st grade!!! --It is small but I actually embrace that. The administrators are very professional and the teachers excellent (they actually really care). The value of what you pay vs. what you get is phenomenal. If you want your child "truly educated" then this is the right school for you.

Posted February 4, 2013

We toured this school and absolutely loved the small community it provides and professionalism of the staff. The director grabbed my daughters hand and gave her the tour and really made her feel welcome and cared for. I have spoken to three parents of children that attend there and they all have nothing but wonderful things to say. In fact one is even a Gwinnett county teacher who sends her kids there. We are registered and looking forward to starting this new chapter of our kids lives at CHCS in the 2012-2013 school year.

Posted May 4, 2012

The school offers NO flexibility when it comes to where you can purchase the uniforms. Buckhead Uniforms is VERY EXPENSIVE and being a bargain shopper I can purchase the pants and polo shirts for the uniform at other stores much cheaper. Example: Yellow Polo shirt @ Buckhead Uniforms $20 / Yellow Polo shirt @ JCPenny $8. During the economic hardship in this country, the school should allow parents to purchase the emblems from Buckhead Uniforms and stitch them on themselves. This would be a big savings to the parents who have multiple children at the school.

Posted May 2, 2011

My oldest son has been at CHCS for three years and my youngest is about to finish his first year there. The teachers are excellant and it is a loving environment. Both my children love their school. Price is excellant as well. They do not over charge like most private schools. I have and will continue to recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 21, 2011

I went to visit this school I was not impressed at all, if you are looking for a cheap informal school with a few graves in the back yard good luck.

Posted October 29, 2009

This school is just what we had been looking for. The small school setting allows for teachers and students in all classes to get to know each other like a family and feel a part of a community, instead of getting lost in the shuffle in a big school. The atmosphere here is one of love, caring and nurturing. The professionalism of the teachers and administrators is evident as they seek to help the children academically, socially, and spiritually. My children's teachers love what they do and don't seem to view their mission as a job. The administrators are wonderful, thoughtful, and kind, and go WAY over and beyond our expectations. This school has met our needs of a smaller school setting, more attentive and caring teachers, strong academics, and nurturing atmoshere and generosity (and the teaching of) to others. We are happy to send our children here!

Posted September 21, 2009

My daughter is a 1st grader and is in her second year at CHCS and we are both in love with the school. It has far exceeded my expectations spiritually, academically, and administratively. I could not have made a better choice for my daughter.

Posted July 18, 2009

Our son has been at CHCS since K4, and will be entering third grade this year. He loves the school, his teachers, and his friends. Not only do students get an excellent academic education, but the staff works diligently to educate them in spiritual matters as well. This is an excellent school with a dedicated, loving staff.

Posted March 17, 2009

CHCS is a hidden gem in Gwinnett County. We are in our fifth year at CHCS. We love the school. My son loves the school, teachers and his friends. The is an extremely structured environment. This school is the best choice for our child. My son feels loved at school.

Posted January 19, 2009

CHCS has been a very good choice for our children. The diversity in the students and the quality of instruction has been good. The teachers and administration love the children and work hard to set an example for them as they grow toward adulthood. If I had to do it over, I'd not hesitate to send mine to CHCS again.

Posted August 7, 2008

This private school is a hidden treasure in Gwinnett County. It's one of the smallest schools, but the level of academics is outstanding. When I was purchasing uniforms for my child, an employee at the store noticed the name of the school and provided rave reviews. Their exact words were, 'I've never heard anything but great things about Collins Hill Christian. The staff and administration are far more professional and caring than the other private schools.'

Posted May 30, 2008

My son aboslutely loves CHCS. We wanted him to have a spiritual foundation along with his education. We wanted a school that represents our beliefs at home. Our son knows everyone in the school. He will be entering 6th grade next year. He is already looking forward to next year. The Administrators are awesome and the teachers are loving. We can't wait for our 2 year old to attend CHCS.

Posted April 28, 2008

We are winding up our 5th full year at Collins Hill Christian School and couldn't be happier. We now have three children enrolled, and have been very pleased with the overall academics, spiritual discipline, and the 'family' atmosphere that comes from being a part of a smaller school. The faculty and staff have more than exceeded our expectations! In fact, the entire school family rallied around us this past year as we went through a tramatic experience as a family. I would highly recommend CHCS to any parent seeking a top notch private school in Gwinnett County.

Posted April 15, 2008

You ar not going to find a better school the education is awesome. The teachers and staff are wonderful!!

Posted August 10, 2007

We love this school it was the perfect choice for our child. We loved that as a new student, coming in for first grade, he went to a 'camp' for one week over the summer with all of the new kids so that when he got there in the fall, he didn't feel so new. In fact, he had the same teacher that he had over the summer and all of the new students were in her class. He was not only ready to go to school but he was excited to be there. He had a great year and we are looking forward to another fantastic year at CHCS.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1612 Collins Hill Road