Lawrenceville, GA

Posted November 20, 2014
We moved here over the summer from a Collins Hill cluster school (yuck). I am thrilled with the teachers, they really care. It's am amazing, caring faculty and I couldn't be happier with the education my son is receiving.

Freeman's Mill Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
We moved from the UK and this was my daughters first experience of school in the USA. I must say this school has exceeded my expectations. This is her second year there and is really enjoying it. The middle and high school linked to the school are very good too. I would have rated the school a five if it had extra curricular activities, apart from variety shows and concerts.

Posted February 06, 2012
We moved here from out of state and our daughter is in First Grade. Her teacher was so welcoming! We have been very impressed with the school so far. They have just been awarded that Governor's Gold Award for student achievement which is fabulous. However, beyond that they are a caring school and our daughter is flourishing in this environment. We are so thrilled that we chose this school to send her to! All the times that I have been at the school I have seen the principal walking in the hallways and really interacting with the students. The school is such a positive, happy place!

Posted April 27, 2010
We love this school, teachers and all the staff. They make it very easy to be involved and it is such a positive learning environment.

Posted March 09, 2010
Great school my son loves his teacher but he always complains about the gym and there are no extra- curricular activities.

Posted July 30, 2009
Great school. Needs more extra- curricular activities.

Posted January 27, 2009
I believe that this school has an proven educational record with instructors that motivate children.

Posted January 26, 2009
Freeman's Mil is a great school. I feel as if my children are getting a private school education for free.

Posted November 20, 2008
It sounds like the previous parent has had a bad experience, however Freemans Mill is by far the best elementary school in gwinnett county. My daughter has had a substitute teaacher once this year and could not stop raving about the teacher. I believe that FMES would hold the same high standard for substitutes as it does for the rest of its staff. I do not agree that FMES would allow frequent absenteeism from a teacher. Remember that FMES is a Georgia Distinguished School of Excellence and tardiness from teachers would not have got it that title.There is bound to be a teacher in every school that a parent has a problem with. I hope you can resolve your differences. There must be some good in the teacher/teachers in question for FMES to have hired them. Freemans Mill is still by far the best.

Posted November 19, 2008
I agree that the leadership is excellent. however there have been hidden politics here with the hiring of certain teachers. Thus there is one or two reachers hired that should not be here.Be prepared to have an outstanding teacher one year and then a teacher the next that lacks communication skills and is not very organised. Parents should really stand up and let all know their experience with teachers that are not up to par as such teachers will ultimately weigh bad on a great school.

2303 Old Peachtree Rd, Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Last modified Freeman's Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freeman's Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top