Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,093

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 20, 2015
Some time it just seem that the teachers wait until it is near testing time and then dump a lot of homework on the student.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 20, 2015
I have observe when students act out for whatever reason the teacher give them a opportunity to express if they have a good reason for acting a certain way.

Posted July 20, 2015
Teacher really take a interest in whether or not the student is understanding what they are being taught. Dr. Davis the school principal is very involved and listening to the parents recommendation and concerns. Parents education center allows parents to stay involved in their children school work and to assist with extra material for the parents when needed.

J. A. Alford Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
Highly disagree with the graduation ceremony of my son; Every year should be very special to them, but apparently not having much importance to the organizers of the school. The ceremony began with the hymn of Allegiance led by the school principal and finished very fast and without taking much importance, followed by the presentation of diplomas to students who really was super fast and without interest, enthusiasm was not perceived during the ceremony because the director was in a hurry for wanting to end the ceremony. Instead of looking at a graduation ceremony for our children was mostly handing out diplomas and goodbye.. I hope to change that style of ceremony and are accustomed to performing in that school. If time is the problem! They should be organized in time, because our children are waiting with great excitement that moment that their efforts at school; otherwise only delivered the diplomas in their classroom ..

Posted April 06, 2014
My kids are going to this great school. There is no trailer like any other schools. The teachers and staffs are very nice and helpful. My kids enjoys school.

Posted November 03, 2013
Alford is a great school with top notch teachers and staff. Couldn't ask for more!!

J. A. Alford Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
I have 2 kids at Alford now--my oldest is in 2nd grade and has been going to Alford since kindergarten, and my son just started kindergarten this fall. My kids and I like Alford. The teachers my kids have had have been great. The principal is really awesome, and the school makes a real effort to get parents involved and motivate kids to be their best. I got no complaints other than that I hear my son say he's watched a TV show there (I think possibly while waiting for the bus). I think tv--DESPITE being minimal and educational--has no place in a school. Otherwise, Alford does a great job. I gotta say, though: I'm surprised there haven't been any parent reviews since 2012. Where are all the Alford parents?!?!

J. A. Alford Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
Substandard special education program. One would think that with the funds this Title 1 school receives they would sufficient staff the Special Ed. department with trained and experienced personnel. One would also think that they would be interested in ensuring that their faculty follow the laws outlined in IDEA.

Posted July 24, 2009
Alford is a wonderful school. The studnets, faculty, and parents are great!

J. A. Alford Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2009
Alford is an Excellent School. This is our second year in public school and we couldn't have picked a better school. The principal and staff as so supportive. The school has high expectations of the children and my children have adjusted very well. There is always someone to help when needed. They are very professional and my children are really learning. I am on the PTA board and I would definately like to see more parents get involved. Other than that, the school is GREAT!!!!

2625 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA  30044
Last modified J. A. Alford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. A. Alford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top