Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We had a good start.First, I am very pleased with the stuff members(front desk,office).They are very kind and always there to help.My sun loves being in school and making new friends.We hope it will stay like this.Good luck!

This school is an absolute joke. Almost 5 weeks into the school year, they sent a letter notifying parents that they have staff members who are not qualified in the eyes of the state, but feel an "assurance" from the principle is enough to let it slide. Yeah, lets just "wing it" when it comes to the education of kids, right? Never have I heard of a school who even remotely thinks this is an acceptable practice. Downright disgusted as a parent with a little one going to school here for the 1st time. And the amount of homework? A project, a homework packet 9 pages long, and an extra two packets to be completed, all in one week? This is first grade that we are talking about. On top of that, they switch teachers around due to "numbers"?? And we're barely in September!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some time it just seem that the teachers wait until it is near testing time and then dump a lot of homework on the student.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have observe when students act out for whatever reason the teacher give them a opportunity to express if they have a good reason for acting a certain way.

Teacher really take a interest in whether or not the student is understanding what they are being taught. Dr. Davis the school principal is very involved and listening to the parents recommendation and concerns. Parents education center allows parents to stay involved in their children school work and to assist with extra material for the parents when needed.

Highly disagree with the graduation ceremony of my son; Every year should be very special to them, but apparently not having much importance to the organizers of the school. The ceremony began with the hymn of Allegiance led by the school principal and finished very fast and without taking much importance, followed by the presentation of diplomas to students who really was super fast and without interest, enthusiasm was not perceived during the ceremony because the director was in a hurry for wanting to end the ceremony. Instead of looking at a graduation ceremony for our children was mostly handing out diplomas and goodbye.. I hope to change that style of ceremony and are accustomed to performing in that school. If time is the problem! They should be organized in time, because our children are waiting with great excitement that moment that their efforts at school; otherwise only delivered the diplomas in their classroom ..

My kids are going to this great school. There is no trailer like any other schools. The teachers and staffs are very nice and helpful. My kids enjoys school.

Alford is a great school with top notch teachers and staff. Couldn't ask for more!!

I have 2 kids at Alford now--my oldest is in 2nd grade and has been going to Alford since kindergarten, and my son just started kindergarten this fall. My kids and I like Alford. The teachers my kids have had have been great. The principal is really awesome, and the school makes a real effort to get parents involved and motivate kids to be their best. I got no complaints other than that I hear my son say he's watched a TV show there (I think possibly while waiting for the bus). I think tv--DESPITE being minimal and educational--has no place in a school. Otherwise, Alford does a great job. I gotta say, though: I'm surprised there haven't been any parent reviews since 2012. Where are all the Alford parents?!?!

Substandard special education program. One would think that with the funds this Title 1 school receives they would sufficient staff the Special Ed. department with trained and experienced personnel. One would also think that they would be interested in ensuring that their faculty follow the laws outlined in IDEA.

Last modified J. A. Alford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.