Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,093

J. A. Alford Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
Highly disagree with the graduation ceremony of my son; Every year should be very special to them, but apparently not having much importance to the organizers of the school. The ceremony began with the hymn of Allegiance led by the school principal and finished very fast and without taking much importance, followed by the presentation of diplomas to students who really was super fast and without interest, enthusiasm was not perceived during the ceremony because the director was in a hurry for wanting to end the ceremony. Instead of looking at a graduation ceremony for our children was mostly handing out diplomas and goodbye.. I hope to change that style of ceremony and are accustomed to performing in that school. If time is the problem! They should be organized in time, because our children are waiting with great excitement that moment that their efforts at school; otherwise only delivered the diplomas in their classroom ..

Posted April 06, 2014
My kids are going to this great school. There is no trailer like any other schools. The teachers and staffs are very nice and helpful. My kids enjoys school.

Posted November 03, 2013
Alford is a great school with top notch teachers and staff. Couldn't ask for more!!

Posted October 04, 2013
I have 2 kids at Alford now--my oldest is in 2nd grade and has been going to Alford since kindergarten, and my son just started kindergarten this fall. My kids and I like Alford. The teachers my kids have had have been great. The principal is really awesome, and the school makes a real effort to get parents involved and motivate kids to be their best. I got no complaints other than that I hear my son say he's watched a TV show there (I think possibly while waiting for the bus). I think tv--DESPITE being minimal and educational--has no place in a school. Otherwise, Alford does a great job. I gotta say, though: I'm surprised there haven't been any parent reviews since 2012. Where are all the Alford parents?!?!

J. A. Alford Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
Substandard special education program. One would think that with the funds this Title 1 school receives they would sufficient staff the Special Ed. department with trained and experienced personnel. One would also think that they would be interested in ensuring that their faculty follow the laws outlined in IDEA.

Posted July 24, 2009
Alford is a wonderful school. The studnets, faculty, and parents are great!

Posted May 28, 2009
Alford is an Excellent School. This is our second year in public school and we couldn't have picked a better school. The principal and staff as so supportive. The school has high expectations of the children and my children have adjusted very well. There is always someone to help when needed. They are very professional and my children are really learning. I am on the PTA board and I would definately like to see more parents get involved. Other than that, the school is GREAT!!!!

Posted May 27, 2009
I am so excited about my involvement at Alford! I have both an upcoming 5th grader and 1st grader at Alford and my years here have been both challenging and rewarding! Throughout the challenging periods, Alford's administration have been supportive, instructive and honest, meaning as much as I would like to think my kids are angels all the time, I always was given the honest feedback needed to guarantee my child's success! Bravo to Alford's administration, teachers and parent center! The students have the best support to succeed!

Posted September 22, 2008
J.A. Alford is a progressive and well balanced school, the teachers are of upmost proffesionalism and maintained an ongoing challenge on the students skills and learning abilities. My daughter is tough by Ms Nagy, has improve 200% in her reading abilities and her math skills are outstading. I considered moving, however this is an important factor I cannot oversee. Thank you to the staff and the school system for providing the envioroment and safety of Gwinnett Co. Schools.

Posted June 25, 2008
Alford is a wonderful school I want to take time to thank Ms.Santulli and Ms.Konick they both provided my daughters Jasmine & Giselle with an excellent challenging school year and have taught them so much , I was always aware of all they needed improvement on ,They are both such caring sweet and positive teachers :) I am sad to leave this school my children will be attending another next year . Thanks to all the staff for making it a great school

J. A. Alford Elementary School
2625 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA  30044
Last modified J. A. Alford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. A. Alford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top