Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 20, 2015
MRS. REGINA HALVORSON TEACHER OF OUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD 2014-CURRENT. SHE HAS BECOME PART OF OUR FAMILY

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 20, 2015
We LOVE MRS. REGINA HALVORSON! OUR CHILD IS REALLY EXCITED TO GO TO SCHOOL AT THE AGE OF 4 BECAUSE OF HIS TEACHER MRS. HALVORSON.

Lovin Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2015
At the beginning of the school year we loved it here. It was a fantastic school & each of my kids were truly learning. However, I think this school is way too focused on "instruction" & the administration needs to realize that these are still children. Telling children at the age of 7,8,9,10 that they are too old for fun activities such as holiday celebrations like Halloween, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day or still enjoying make believe, playing pretend, or being silly. I have heard multiple parents complain that their children are being forced to grow up too soon here. My children think they are too older for these fun activities & were devastated when they were told these things. I am a strict parent who believes in education & keep kids on a good schedule. My children make great grades, but they are still KIDS & still need to have fun growing up. It would be awesome & wonderful if they could lighten up a little. They have a great staff. They must have forgotten what it was like when they grew up & had all the fun in their classrooms. We will be looking into other schools that still have the fun in their hallways, classrooms, and practice both instruction & fun time.

Lovin Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2013
Lovin is a great school!!! My oldest daughter has attended Lovin since it opened and my my youngest daughter is in 2th grade there. They have several fundraiser to help purchase book, outside classroom, Kindle Cafe, etc for the school. There is excellent parent involvement in the school activites. Mrs. "B", the school principal is awesome with the parents and the kids. Most of the teachers communicate well with the parents... I couldn't ask for a better school for my children!!!!

Posted April 17, 2012
Loving Lovin! I'm surprised Lovin isn't rated higher than an 8. Teachers care and the communication is great. I love the diversity among the student population. I have a special needs who suffers from ADHD and between the parent portal, emails, and teachers that have gone above and beyond. We have been very happy. The PTA is strong and Lovin has great activities such as Screen on the Green events in the Fall and Halloween parties. Everyone is involved.

Posted April 10, 2012
WE LOVE LOVIN! My daughter has been at this school for two years (4th and 5th grade). Her teachers have been amazing! Communication with her teachers has never been a problem with us, They have always kept me informed though e-mails, parent portal, and regular progress reports, ect. The gifted program at Lovin is outstanding! I'm glad that my rising Kindergartener will be attending Lovin next year!

Lovin Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2011
This is my son's third year at LOVIN. When We first started, I was very uncertain because communication between parents and teachers were very lacking but it improved after a few visits and talk with the first grade teacher. the rest of 1st grade was great. 2nd grade, 1st nine weeks was terrible because my son was being bullied and the teacher did nothing until I went there with an ultimatum demanding changes. After that, the new 2nd grade teacher was "the bum". She would push my son to do his best in every way possible. He is in 3rd grade now and ..... well I don't like it. Communication between teacher and parent is very poor. It seems like if you don't frequent the school or volunteer for something, you are ignored. They seem to forget that some of us parents are single parents who are trying to work and raise a family at the same time and do not have a lot of time to spare. Now that my son is older, I depend on him to tell me what is going on and if something is not right I go to the school and talk to them. They don't make any initiative. Given the choice, I would find a different school.

Posted February 27, 2011
This school is sooooooooo great and excellent so ever! Go to this school people.Excellent school

Posted September 16, 2010
My daughter has attended Lovin since the day the doors were opened (she was in 1st grade then). I have made time to get to know the staff and teachers. Lovin has a wonderful group of leaders and they are turly "lovin!" This has been a great school and great experience for all of us being a part of not just a school but a family. My duaghter has never complained about wanting to go to school! She loves all of the students and staff!

Lovin Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2010
Both of my grandsons attend Lovin, a second grader and a fourth grader. I have made countless visits both as a volunteer and as a visiting Nana. I am also a secondary teacher who is impressed by the school's staff, environment, and general atmosphere. Neither boy fights going to school and both are learning...so is every child I've seen. Thank you, Lovin has made their beginnings in school a positive experience.

1705 New Hope Rd, Lawrenceville, GA  30045
Last modified Lovin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.