Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 13, 2015
The workload is very heavy and students often work until well after midnight on homework.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 13, 2015
Students are encouraged to work together and contribute to the team effort. Individual effort and group responsibility is essential to success

Posted November 23, 2015
GSMST IS A VERY CHALLENGING SCHOOL This school has a very rigorous curriculum, dedicated teachers and an environment that encourages excellence. My son has maintained all A's since the second grade started GSMST this year has found this to be very difficult. I highly recommend this school for bright kids with dedicated parents and resources to hire tutors.

Gwinnett School Of Mathematics- Science And Techno 3

Posted November 12, 2015
Most Gwinnett Parents ask themselves, “Should I send my kid to GSMST?” Here is my simple answer: If your idea for a great school is one where you child’s natural gifts and talents will be recognized and encouraged for their personal betterment, do not send your kid GSMST. GSMST is about directing the already gifted. Only send your kid to GSMST if your kid… is getting straight A’s without struggles. Is observant. Has an ABOVE average memory. Is ok with 3-4 hours of studies a night, every night. Has a gifted parent (for re-teaching at home.) You have the financial resources and can buy tutoring, resources, and textbooks. Has superb study strategies and focusing capabilities. The student wants to go to an Ivy League University. (Not just the parents.) Has already had pre- algebra or higher and introduced to chemistry fundamentals. Is a self-directed learner who loves to study beyond what is taught in class. AND If your kid has a very thick skin and does not take public teacher criticism personally, while capable of handling college style professor pranks… (College Pranks: Purposeful teacher term confusion; saying read it vs. study it. Grade Manipulation by Weighting, Minimalist Tests of 2-7 questions that are easier to fail. Only Scoring projects, quizzes and tests so there are no homework to fluff your grade; waiting to until late in the evening to post a quiz on eclass so almost no student sees and most wake up in the morning to find out they have a zero quiz grade and rescheduling a test to that day. All the teacher are most administrators not true teachers. Your kid needs to teach themselves. Please Note: This school is known for their AP grades, not math and science as the name would indicate. If in doubt stick with the local school and get straight A’s! Toss in tutoring for a great SAT score, one (professionally edited) phenomenal essay and you’re in most colleges! Conclusion: There is a reason their freshman class is 350 and their senior class in the 200s. Talk about a failure rate! My son actually did ok, but my heart went out to all the bright children who did not; so I wanted to help other parents make the decision. Good luck.

Posted April 28, 2014
It is a best school in Gwinnett county and one of the best STEM school s in Nation

Posted January 01, 2014
This school is great, but the system and program is not. Specifically, the A and B block classes. I personally do not like them. I think because those classes are block periods, the teachers think they can stuff our brains with material in those 2 hours. And of course, assign never ending homework. I am currently a freshman and am waiting for the year to be over. It is overwhelming and my grades were not so good first semester. Half my time I am finishing homework for one of those classes everyday. It is either L.A or chemistry. I really do not like it, and I think that this A and B day block schedule should end. Students should have every class every day. Other than that, this is truly a great school.

Posted June 24, 2013
Amazing!! Great High school. Yes, it is not for everyone! you have to be driven to learn and wants to be success. You need to study average of 3-4 hours a day.

Posted March 25, 2013
This school is amazing. The students are so driven to learn and the faculty is so willing to aid in our success. It's a decent-sized workload, greater than your average high school, but the benefits greatly outweigh the disadvantages. Don't get me wrong, though. This school is fun, too. The biggest mistake I made going into this school was thinking it wasn't enjoyable at all. Almost immediately, you'll establish close relationships with students and teachers. After school a lot of people walk to restaurants near by to hang out and eat, or just talk. Classes seem to be a bit more lenient than an average high school, however that may just be my freshman classes. It's still up to you, however, to maintain your grades and agenda. The first year you're here, you'll take a Language Arts class, a Chemistry class, a Physics & Engineering class [abbreviated as PhysEng (fizz-enj)], a foreign language class (either German, Spanish, or Chinese), a math class (either Accelerated Algebra, Accelerated Geometry, or 1 semester Geometry, and 1 semester Pre-Calc.), and an elective. I love this school overall, and I never plan to leave. I hope you feel the same!

Posted November 01, 2012
I LOVE this school! I am currently a freshman and I believe that GSMST is the school for me! It is not too big but not too small, it is the perfect size for people coming from both private and public schools. There is a somewhat "family" type of relationship between everyone. There are many fun activities and al lot of times, educational activities that GSMST supports are the Best, such as robotics which have gone to nationals twice in a row and the streak is continuing. There is a lot of work required but overall if you put in your work, the experience that you get out of it is absolutely worth it and worthwhile. I know that GSMST is making and will make me someone with high levels of intelligence, critical thinking, and responsibility. I cannot explain my feelings about GSMST other than: I LOVEEEEE IT! I also love how we are so electronically based that each student receives a laptop! :) THANKS GSMST! I LOVE YOUUU!

Posted November 06, 2011
I love this school . I am a student here. The students and faculty are the most accepting out of all the schools i have been to. And the amount of learning we do here is great. We really do focus on our studies. We have many student leadership programs. We also have a great internship program and a coordinator that can get us any internship we want. It is amazing.

970 Mcelvaney Ln, Lawrenceville, GA  30044
Last modified Gwinnett School Of Mathematics- Science And Techno is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.