Posted October 31, 2014
Love the school. Great PTA. Wonderful teacher. Especially Ms. Sanders. My kids grades and understanding has increased since bringing at this school.

Posted August 17, 2014
We are considering switching from this school because of the poor test scores they record. We noticed other schools in the area seem to be getting much better rating based on a report in the local newspaper from April, 23, 2014. This school was a full 10+ points lower in CCRPI reported by the GA Dept. pf Education. The PTA is lacking in parent involvement as well.

Posted July 15, 2014
Our oldest started her school career here the first year WMES opened and is now entering her final year at WMES. Our youngest is entering first grade. I have nothing but admiration for the staff and the teachers. We're proud to be part of the WMES family.

Posted July 09, 2013
I like this schools location but, If you are considering this school please take the time to look at other options. Our child went to this school and had several unmotivated and "less than stellar" teachers. Add to that, 2 separate cases of head lice which the school seemed to care less about. Lastly there was an incident where another student was behaving extremely inappropriately to a level that should have been dealt with swiftly and instead it was swept under the rug. Obviously there must be some good teachers there, we just weren't lucky enough to have won that lottery. Our child is on Honor Role at the new school and we are really glad we made the decision to explore other options.

Posted May 18, 2013
Our child attended this school and we had several bad experiences. There are several wonderful teachers and staff members at Woodward Mill but, in our opinion the leadership is extremely weak and the result is it trickles down through the teaching staff. We had no choice but to find other options as we could not continue to expose our child to the toxic environment. We are one of the many families that have found better schooling options. The adminstration needs to be mentored or dismissed as well and a number of classroom teachers. The PTA parents who volunteer are great but too few. Not enough supportive parents.

Posted April 28, 2013
so far so good! we just moved here from NY and my children love it! sad thing is im temporarily here with my sister, and I love this school system, would I be able to keep them in this school if I was to move in another county?

Posted July 12, 2012
I have two kids in this great school. Specifically, I can give more than five stars toward principal leadership.

Posted March 13, 2012
This is my 6 yr old daughter's 2nd year at Woodward Mill, and I couldn't be happier with this school. All the staff (principals, teachers, support help), parents and students make this a wonderful school. They stress the academics in a very caring and nurturing way. My daughter loves it as well, and that's really saying something.

Posted January 23, 2012
Fantastic School! My son started Kindergarten Fall 2009 when the school first opened. I have been so pleased with the teachers, staff, parents and students who make WMES a top-notch school.

Woodward Mill Elementary School
2020 Buford Dr, Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Last modified Woodward Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodward Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top