Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

I've seen where my son tells me things that the teachers are telling them at school, that I've been pleased with so fair.

As a parent with a child that has special needs, I feel the school doesn't offer a lot of resources. The teacher's are great with the students. Their down to earth from what I've seen and makes teaching fun. Mrs Levine is a wonderful, wonderful principle. I've been satisfied with OCMS as a parent. A student may feel different. I'm more concerned about my son attending OCHS. If that even takes place. -Parent 2015

I believe school is what you make of it. OCHS is a great school with hard working teachers. My daughter's teachers go above and beyond to make sure their students learn. The teachers and administration care about the students. It is a small school with fewer options than larger schools but the environment is more personal.

Administration makes uneven and sometimes very bad decisions (for example: ask about 2013 1st Semester AP Spanish, in specific the now defunct requirement that a student taking AP classes MUST also take AP Spanish and the exit of 2/3rds of the students before 2nd semester); Academic curriculum has been slashed over the three years and bands / arts programs downgraded and now a shadow of its former self, yet the sports programs not only have not been cut but expanded; ONLY seven (7) student clubs of which four (Beta, National Honor, Student Government & Yearbook) are not open to everyone. That leaves three clubs (FCA, Ecomaniacs, & Academic Bowl) for the general student population. Do the research form your own opinion.

I think its a good School but I hate how you get in trouble by the simplest thing and the bus drivers are beyond unfair like Ms. McDaniel she need to be reported.....

I believe that OCHS is a great school, it is not as big as other schools but i think that is why it is a wonderful shcool. Students get the help they need and they address it with the studend without making the student feel uncomfortable or emberassed in any way. They work with them 1 on 1 pretty much, the attention the kids get is great. The education is great. They are firm but fair! I like the fact that they are strict on the students. I am very happy that my brother graduated from this school.

I think that the teachers are more worried about coaching instead of getting my child prepared for college.

I think OCHS and the other schools in Oglethorpe County are very good. They all made AYP and the graduation rates are improving each year. Firm but fair! They are very strict on students who repeatedly refuse to follow the rules. I like that. My kids are doing very well there.

My children were homeschooled before attending OC. They entered at middle school level. After 1 year in this system, their test scores dropped! While I have encountered several teachers who seem to really care and put forth effort for the students, there are many just here for a paycheck. Standards and expectations of the majority of parents seem to be low. Values and morals are not high priorities in this county. As for athletics, it is very unorganized!! Putting my children in this system was the worst thing I ever did!!!

Oglethorpe County has a great school system in many ways, unless you have a child in the special education programs. Otherwise, the experience is pretty good. I have three children in the school system, and they enjoy going to school. The kids at these schools like each other for who they are, not for the color of their skin. The sports program is pretty good, except we need a stronger football team. The band program is excellent!

Last modified Oglethorpe County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.