Lilburn, GA
Students enrolled: 1,923

Posted December 05, 2014
I am an eighth-grade student at Trickum Middle school, and I do not like this school. Since sixth grade, I have had teachers and students make fun of me. I here really bad curse words every day being shouted in the hallway, cafeteria, classrooms, and various locations. The school food is terrible, so I rarely eat lunch at school. Trickum honestly is awful, please do not send your children here if you know what is good for them. All the staff sees you as is a test score, And they do not care about your child's well-being.

Lilburn Middle School 2

Posted December 26, 2013
This school is terrible. The amount of control the school puts on the students is abnormal because there is an excessive amount of rules. First of all, to go to the restroom, you have to get a teacher to sign your agenda, you have to fill out the sign out sheet in the classroom, go to the academy/office and fill out the sign out sheet there too. Then, you can finally go to the restroom, but when you're finished, you can't go back to your class. You have to go back to the office and log in the time you came back and get the office clerk to sign your agenda to go back to class. Isn't that a lengthy process just for an everyday occurrence? Also, the teachers walk you practically everywhere! They walk you to lunch, the restroom (the whole class has to walk to the restroom together), and to each class. Furthermore, the school's students are also a cause to condition the school is in. They're loud, rowdy, immature, and unsanitary. The students throw trash in the desks and all over the classroom. All in all, this isn't the best school in Gwinnett.

Lilburn Middle School 5

Posted September 08, 2013
This school had improved after mr.richie came to this school the writing scores came up very high and alot of people didn't fail, the crct scores went up too cause the teachers actually care about the students example Ms.Furtney, Ms.Bacon , Mr.RIchie & other teacher do too

Posted July 22, 2013
Parents, if you care about your child's education and overall well-being, it is best to avoid bringing your child here. I taught at this school, so I know what really goes on. The problem is not the teachers, which some are very qualified and knowledgeable, but the administration. The hiring of the latest top administrator for school year 12-13 dramatically worsened the school. There was a total of 22 teachers who resigned, including myself, because we could not take the abuse by the administrators. The morale is extremely low among the staff, and as a teacher, we are not allowed to voice our concerns, ideas, or opinions. Mistreatment usually follows if we do. LMS has a predominantly Hispanic population, but administration does little to help that demographic, and a times belittles those students. Many students pass on to the next grade, but should really be held back. The administrators coerce teachers to make sure students do not fail. Take a look at some of the student's reviews below and judge for yourself how a student in middle school is writing (misspellings, grammar, punctuation). A restructuring of the administration is needed to improve the school.

Posted December 07, 2012
I am withdrawing my two daughters from this school. They have been there for 3 months and they complain every other day. I went up to the school on several occasions and they refused to speak with me. They finally set up a meeting with the administration and we are still experiencing incident after incident. My daughter has made three incident reports; enough is enough. I would like to report what those incidents were but out of protection of my daughter I wont disclose it here. The school is full of teachers that do not care and students that are unruly and disrespectful. There is a lot of inappropriate behavior that goes on daily with these kids and teachers do nothing!!!

Posted April 13, 2012
We moved from California looking for a better future for our kids. It all begun when one teacher missed informed the students and told them that Mexico was in Central America and my son corrected her and said that Mexico was in North America, teacher became furious, called me and said that my son was making fun of her while she was teaching. I asked her what was the problem, when she informed me and I also corrected her. After that for every little thing she was always giving my son detention and would give him in school suspension, at one point she even made fun of him because he's Hispanic and doesn't speak Spanish, even other Hispanic kids begun bulling my son. I reported her to the school and requested to change my son from her class and they refused, they schedule a meeting with the teacher in it and said if I wanted my son to change her class he would have to change the whole group. I had to send my son to CA until we move from the area because my son started having self esteem issues and begun having suicidal thoughts. It's just sad when the teachers become the bullies. Please don't ever send your kids here, my son is no angel but no child deserves these treatment.

Posted February 08, 2012
This is a bad school. All the five stars on here were probably written by the administration or they had some student write it on here and promise not to punish them for there doing wrong at school. If you have a good child, please don't take them here. They put fear in the students and make them afraid to tell their parents the truth. Bullying in a big issue here and nothing will be done about it. The truth is on the way to being revealed! You will soon see who is doing what at this school. Concern parents, you better begin to question your child before it is too late. We almost waited too late for our and almost lost them, because they just couldn't take any more and no one cared at this school.

Posted January 05, 2012
Not a good school only a hand full of the teachers care about the students and there education . 80% of the teachers are only there for a JOB . Not to help these kids learn they want to panel all the kids not work with them . and that is so said .

Lilburn Middle School 4

Posted February 08, 2011
I enjoy working at this school. The Principal has brought in some great Assistant Principals who have turned the school around. They are focused on learning and support the teachers in the classroom. Behavior problems have decreased. The parents are supportive when I call them. I think everyone will see test scores improve this year!

Lilburn Middle School 4

Posted October 30, 2010
This is meant for all of you parents, teachers, students, staff, principals... whatever... to read. There's a couple of questions. Don't all schools have their own flaws? Don't all schools have their strengths? weaknesses? Hey, i am a student of Lilburn Middle School and I'm proud to be one of the awesome mustangs. So, why ARE the teachers horrible_to you? Now, to my knowledge i am in team a, 8th grade and there is only one messed up teacher who breaks the rules- forget her because it's only one. One of you rated this school horrible because your child got bullied. First of all, did your son do something wrong? Did he tell you the first time? Are you making things up? Ma'am, you expect us to have perfect students, no bullies, and perfect looking geeks? This isn't a behavioral academy. Heck i love this school because the teachers care!

Lilburn Middle School
4994 Lawrenceville Hwy NW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Lilburn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lilburn Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top