Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Mountain Park Elementary School 1

Posted December 13, 2015
Concerned parent, I rently learned that teacher can be bullies too. If your child has any sort of disabilities they will quickly sweep it under the rug . It also goes higher then the teacher. Their tactics are to isolate to single out the child in front of other students to humiliate in the hopes of scareing them into subumission. My child became sick and depressed and stop eating from this so called protocols.... so if you think the children are the bullies think again.. I could go into details but I will stop here. Ask that parents be your child's advocate until they are able to do stand up for themselves. I have taking my child out of this school and is doing great! My child is learning on a much higher level now and is backed to self sweet and happy. Make sure that the school you send your children to is really about the childrens best interest and not just about the schools image winning awards.

Mountain Park Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2015
I quickly learned that teacher can be bullies too. If your child has any sort o disabilities they will quickly sweep it under the rug . It also goes higher then the teacher. Their tactics are to isolate to single out the child iin front of other students to humiliate in the hopes of scareing them into subumission. My child became sick and depressed and stop eating from this so called protocols.... so if you think the children are the bullies think again.. I could go into details but I will stop here. Ask that parents be your child's advocate until they are able to do stand up for themselves. I have taking my child out of this school and is doing great! My child is learning on a much higher level now and is backed to self sweet and happy. Make sure that the school you send your children to is really about the childrens best interest and not just about the schools image winning awards.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
Dr. Gee and Ms. Seymour are wonderful and engaged, and Ms. Williams was a great fit for my son. Ms. Kyser is also lovely and just the kind of teacher a parent wants to trust her child to. Ms. Fedyk is outstanding and meets the high bar these other teachers have raised.. The accolades from other parents, older students, and my child confirm that she is a born teacher who loves the children in her class. I'm sure my daughter will call her name when she's 18 and someone asks about her most influential teacher!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 10, 2015
Though I actually expected and wouldn't mind a little more homework, my children do have work to do Their projects, in particular, help them learn beyond the school day. I love that reading is a constant expectation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 10, 2015
While we have had many amazing teachers, Ms. Donat stands out of the crowd. She challenges her students to excel, as well as cares about what's going on with them personally. I've never heard a single negative comment from student or parent about Ms. Donat. She encourages students in her class but also encourages kids that she doesn't even teach in the hallways every day. She not only cares about the students academia performance, but she cares about what they do outside the classroom and tries to make most games, concerts, etc., if the child asks her. We will truly miss her when we are no longer at this school.

Mountain Park Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2015
Mountain Park is a wonderful school, and for the most part, we have had a great experience. While no school is perfect, this school does it's very best for the children there. It's small (which I love), and that often works against the school in terms of funding, number of teachers, etc, but the quality of the teachers at the school is really amazing. They do the best with what they have and what they get. The administration seems to listen to concerns and work to correct grade level difficiencies to get the right team in place. My only issues with our school really have nothing to do with the school itself but the policies of the county, including the amount of standardized testing and how they determine staffing. With eight years combined between two kids, we've never had a bad teacher. Sure, there are some stronger than others, but we have had some amazing teachers that also care about the success of my kids, both inside th class and out.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 10, 2015
I don't think anybody should use scare tactics on kindergarteners there so called protocols. To manipulate children with are without disabilities.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 10, 2015
My kindergarteners brought most of his work home for us to help him with and he could do them just fine at home.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 10, 2015
I can not speak for all student are all teachers all I can tell you is about our experience.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted December 10, 2015
I can not answer for other student in this school my son was learning to fear and dislike school while he was there .

1500 Pounds Rd Sw, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top