Mountain Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2014
My child went to MPES K-3rd grade before he was labeled as having a behavior/emotional disorder. He was transferred to another school in the cluster and after 1 1/2 months, he's back in regular ed classes. MPES wasn't able to give him the necessary tools to get him back on track. Also when I would go to the school, I felt like a stranger although I volunteered at numerous PTA events. There are "clicks" at the school. Mrs. Beard is the only teacher that I felt was patient enough to take the time and give my child the necessary guidance.

Posted May 07, 2014
Although this is our first year here, having almost completed kindergarten, I think this school is fantastic!! I am very happy my daughter goes here.

Mountain Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2013
We have a great new principal! Going to see some good changes come to the school. Seeing parent involvement improving.

Posted August 27, 2013
My oldest just started Kindergarten this year and so far I've been impressed with how much she's learned, how happy she is to learn and the organization of the school.

Posted May 14, 2013
An excellent school with solid students, teachers, and parents; I am proud to have my children attend.

Posted February 09, 2012
We were questioning our decision to enroll our kids in MPE because of the rating but we decided to anyway and have been thrilled with the outcome. The small class sizes and less strict atmosphere has helped my children excel because now they LIKE to go to school. They were unhappy where they attended prior to MPE and when I asked my 4th Grader why she was getting good grades consistently now verses some of the time at her old school she said, "Because I'm allowed to have fun!". They still do well on all the standardized test scores, too so it's a win-win for us.

Posted July 29, 2011
Mountain Park Elementary has been a wonderful environment for my son attain his early childhood education in. We transferred here from another Lilburn School, and love it much more than the other one. They have many great happenings to help support the school and increase parent involvement throughout the year. My son has really enjoyed his 1st grade year, and is looking forward to 2nd grade. They have a FunRun fundraiser that he really enjoyed, and he went on a field trip to the Georgia Aquarium last year. This has been a very positive and cooperative environment for us to be involved in! The front desk lady is also very sweet.

Mountain Park Elementary School 4

Posted July 14, 2011
I know you shouldn't judge a school only by ranking points, but what is going on with MPES, Gwinnett. When I first moved into the district it was ranked at 189, that was in the 2007-08 school year. Now we are ranked at 410, an increase from 429 from last year. I hope our ranking continue to go up. We need to support the PTA to get MPES back on top. Schools like Arcado, a great school, who used to have a lower rank than MPES, now ranks higher. I wonder what they have changed/done to turn around that we aren't doing.

Posted December 14, 2009
Absolutely fabulous. Ms. Gadd is excellent and my daughter loves going to school and loves learning. Many teachers know my daughter by name and I am completely confident in the education that she is getting at MPES.

Mountain Park Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2009
I have a 5 yr old that wakes me up every morning so that he can make it to school ontime. We love MPE. The staff is excellent. My son's teacher Ms. Fusi is the best.

Mountain Park Elementary School
1500 Pounds Rd SW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top