Posted March 25, 2014
This school is just Horrible! Teachers never listen to students and Students never get passing grades because of the teachers. This school has gotten strict, it's ridiculous! The rules are just plain and simple DUMB!

Posted April 05, 2013
I am graduating this year and I just have to say that my experience at Berkmar has been wonderful. All 4 years have been very good. I enjoyed taking part in the AP Program because I feel like it really pushed me to be a stronger student, physically and intellectually. The AP teachers are really good and they push you to do your best. I've more than 10 AP courses and if I could I would take even more. I believe that taking AP/Honors courses really does make you a better individual and that it helps prepare you for college. Our AP Program is one of the best in the nation and we've received many awards for it. Any future student who will be going to Berkmar is definitely in good hands. The CP classes here are fun too, so take a little bit of both! Art and Oceanography! :D

Posted June 12, 2012
This school is based on popularity to be honest . They will judge you be what you wear and what you do . To them talking back to the teacher is the most funniest thing . In one word i can discribe this school , immature . But really it all depends on staying above the influence . Trust me people do make you change , and not to good but to bad . The teachers are not strict enough , some dont know even how to handle their own students . Its really just a shame . Im being 100% honest . If you do attend well just try your best to focus on what really matters your future . Cause what you do now can affect it.

Posted May 14, 2012
First of all, unlike other schools, Berkmar provides boundless support for students who desire to seek higher levels of education and allows for the opportunity of being involved with various AP/Honors classes. However, Berkmar has a great lack of school spirit especially for students who are not involved in advanced classes and neither involved in Sports or other extracurricular club activities. Berkmar should further consider foreign language classes to be core classes in which colleges now highly submit as a requirement.

Posted July 31, 2011
This is a wonderful school with a great academic program, I believe the school is fully prepared to create successful students, all it takes is that the parents become more dedicated in the academic success of this children, and the students take advantage of the benefits Berkmar has to offer.

Posted July 24, 2011
Academic wise, Berkmar High School is amazing. The AP program is beyond most other high schools. It was recognized by College Board and won many awards and recognitions. Other than academics, to be honest, I'm not a big fan. I love the school, just not the people in it. The students who are not AP or Honors students are immature and and simply a nuisance.

Posted July 22, 2011
Berkmar was just ranked number #151 in the NATION!! Top 4 High School in the state of Georgia!!!!! http://apps.washingtonpost.com/highschoolchallenge/schools/2011/berkmar-lilburn-ga/

Posted June 21, 2011
I have nothing but positive things to say about Berkmar High School. I have a daughter that graduated from Berkmar in 2010 (with Honors) and a rising 9th grader starting there this year C/O 2015. I can honestly say that I made a great decision in chosing a house based on the schools in the area. Sweetwater Middle is a great feeder school and I am impressed with my experiences in Gwinnett and this district. The theatre program is top rate and the faculty consist of great caring people and some are alumni of the school or at least the district of GCPS. There are only 2 minor draw backs at BHS, the lack of a Jr. ROTC program (although students do have a chance to split thier schedules and take Jr ROTC at neighboring high school) and more supportive services for students that are on a career / technical track instead of college prep. I have witnessed a few students that graduated from BHS with no clear direction on post-secondary option or career paths and I truly believe that a Jr ROTC program may be able peek the interest of students that aren't particular college bound straight out of high school. Other than those two minor factors, I would rate Berkmar a 8.9 - 9.1. o

Posted February 01, 2011
berkmar high school is good educatioal wise but other than that the school is trashy (the kids included)

Posted May 22, 2010
this school is awesome despite the criticism from the public...if this school was so horrible then i would never have a 99 in biology, a87 in honor L.A, 84 in accelerated algebra, and a freaken 100 in AP Human Geography!Miss Brodnax is an awesome science teacher...if you know how to appreciate her.by the way, I'm a freshman.

Berkmar High School
405 Pleasant Hill Rd NW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Berkmar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berkmar High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top