Lilburn, GA
Students enrolled: 2,169

Hopkins Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
My two daughters had a great year of 2012-2013 both teachers were awesome,The parent center is a great resource for the parents. I just wish they could have more afterschool activities for children.

Hopkins Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2012
My niece is in first grade and goes to this school and the things they're teaching her is the stuff she already knows from us teaching her at home. I think the school caters more to the hispanic community because they are the majority and i guess most of them are behind and they're having to go backward to try to get them up to the level of learning they're suppose to be at. We have been thinking about home schooling her because we dont want her to be falling behind when she's suppose to be working at a first grade level and not at kindergaten being taught her ABC's. I will say that everyone there is very nice and i will give them 5 stars for that but a 2 for the education part.

Hopkins Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
i will say that the administration and the teachers here seem to care for the kids and that they try their best to help them succeed. However, first impressions stick with you. Upon entering the school i always feel unwelcome by the door greeter. She always seems to look at me as if i am an awful person. Although when i volunteer for the pta she is very nice then. i would change her position if i could. she shouldnt be the first person parents see when they come to the school. Also, my son was put into esol when the only language he speaks is english and i wasnt informed of this till 4 months into the school year.

Hopkins Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2009

Hopkins Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2009
I am a new parent to the Hopkins school this year, and have been impressed with the community spirit and the love for children that is evident from everyone. I am always greeted with a smile, and sometimes even a hug, from the office staff. Everyone seems happy, and there is a sense of warmth everywhere. The parent center is a great resource for the parents, and we have participated in several events offered for our kids and parents.

Posted August 23, 2009

Hopkins Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2009

Hopkins Elementary School 5

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted March 16, 2009
Foucus to revise the way that parents are poorly greeted by Ms Rushin, she is a total turn off. It's not a warm feeling upon entering the doors of Hopkins. The academics are outstanding and the encouragement given to our children to be more involved in expressing themselves through writing and also in the fluencecy of reading, those efforts are appreciated. Emphasis should be placed in after school activity.

Posted October 17, 2008
I found this school to be great.They send notices to he family to keep us informed.They are teaching my seven year old spanish.They send their work home for us to review.One complaint when ever they have an out side activity they leave us the parents out side in the heat of 105 temperature.Also I rememeber during the cold standing out side for the xmas concert.Pleaase open up the school activity area or lunch room and make us feel welcome.

Hopkins Elementary School
1315 Dickens Rd NW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Hopkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top