Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son attended 3rd grade at Minor during the 2015-2016 school year. He and I loved it!! His teacher Mrs Morcos was amazing and the Parent Center Liaison Ms. Anita was equally as amazing. The teachers and staff were always smiling and helpful!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teacher interaction is top notch. They develop and encourage the kids to be good citizens

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers my kids have had are very effective. They have instilled the love of learning in my children and the drive to succeed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework can be a nightmare sometimes. However, if you support your child and help them when they are overburdened they will be fine.

I love this school. I have 2 kids that have attended Minor since Kindergarten, the oldest being in 5th grade now. They have been blessed with the best teachers and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and the administrators, who are passionate about making Minor great. Granted there are a few teachers here, like at every school, that have issues, but luckily my kids have not had any of them. My biggest complaint is about some of the "specials" teachers (the subjects the students take for one week at a time only a few times a year- like electives). Not all of them, but some, like the specials math teacher never grade kids accordingly. He just plugs in an 82 or S for satisfactory on their report cards no matter what. Year after year I see the same grade for that subject even though my kid takes advanced math and get's straight A's and 100's. It's a big let down to see that a teacher is too lazy to give out grades for performance. That said, I think Minor has been a very good school for my children and I believe your child will receive a top notch education here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I love the honesty of the teachers and their method of teaching. They offer so many home teaching resources to supplement what is taught at school. Thank you Rebecca Minor

My daughter just finished kindergarten and I am impressed with the way they were taught to grasp the basics and foundations for reading, math and science. I will highly recommend that a bit more detail be provided to parents like a structured curriculum. They only provided all the material they did after the school year is over. I do not know if they want the parents to go over all that material during the summer vacation as some firm of review. That being said, a little more detail should be provided on weekly or daily activities from school so we parents can reinforce properly.

My son has just started this school and from what I can see, this is a Top Notch school with excellent teachers. I am looking forward to my son's continued success.

My daughter is in 1st grade and went to Minor for 4 months. She is now at another school and in only 2 months improved on her reading, math, spelling, and social skills. Her teacher Mrs. K... was mean and uncaring. To this day she still cries about how Mrs. K treated her. Most the of staff mean as well. Some teachers were nice, but most of the staff were very unpleasant. On different occasions I seen the teachers belittling the students. I'm very thankful to be at another school with more parent involvement and welcoming staff. Seeing my children excel in such a short amount of time at another school has made me write this review, because I didn't know why my kids were sad and why they weren't improving.

I went to the school to register my son, and I was inform by one of the staff that I can still come up there and register my son. I was inform to come back on Tuesday, which was an inconvience for me, so I ask if I can take the paper work home and fill it out. I was inform by the principal that I would have to come back on Tuesday. I am a single mother and I was not able to take time off work to come back. I think that she was unprofessional, and not helpful at all. I would have not told a parent that we will find out your address because it would show up in the system.

Last modified Minor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.