Posted June 22, 2014
My daughter just finished kindergarten and I am impressed with the way they were taught to grasp the basics and foundations for reading, math and science. I will highly recommend that a bit more detail be provided to parents like a structured curriculum. They only provided all the material they did after the school year is over. I do not know if they want the parents to go over all that material during the summer vacation as some firm of review. That being said, a little more detail should be provided on weekly or daily activities from school so we parents can reinforce properly.

Posted August 08, 2013
My son has just started this school and from what I can see, this is a Top Notch school with excellent teachers. I am looking forward to my son's continued success.

Minor Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
My daughter is in 1st grade and went to Minor for 4 months. She is now at another school and in only 2 months improved on her reading, math, spelling, and social skills. Her teacher Mrs. K... was mean and uncaring. To this day she still cries about how Mrs. K treated her. Most the of staff mean as well. Some teachers were nice, but most of the staff were very unpleasant. On different occasions I seen the teachers belittling the students. I'm very thankful to be at another school with more parent involvement and welcoming staff. Seeing my children excel in such a short amount of time at another school has made me write this review, because I didn't know why my kids were sad and why they weren't improving.

Posted December 15, 2012
My son is in second grade and doing excellent at Minor. He has been here since K and loves going there. I have volunteered at the school whenever possible and have enjoyed watching the student and teacher interaction. There is a definite level of respect on both parts and the students have a genuine enthusiasm for learning. My son's second grade teacher, Mrs. Consta... (not allowed to say her name here) is PHENOMENAL! I have lterally seen my son grow leaps and bounds in her class and the first half of the year is not even finished. I commend her. That said, my only 'gripe' is that some of the staff and faculty (not my son's teachers) have been difficult to work with. I know every job has a big mixture of personalities, but there are a few here that need real people skills. Parent participation and involvement is minimal at best at Minor, so the ones that make it hard on volunteering parents should definitely refocus and become more considerate of the us. Remember, we are here to help. On a positive end note, I must say that when my son enetered K in 2009 the Greatschools ranking was a 4. Now it is a 7! This IS a greatschool!

Posted March 12, 2009
My kids have been attending Minor since Kindergarten. Now my oldest is moving up to Berkmar Middle and I know he's going to miss Minor. It's been his home for the last 6 years. He has had fantastic teachers year after year. He's made friends there. It's been great to see him grow. My youngest is in 1st grade and I'm pleased to see her off to the same great start her brother had. The teachers at Minor have done an exceptional job of treating every child with love and respect while pushing and challenging them. The PTA meetings are filled with involved parents. Special event nights at Minor are always well attended by not only students and families but by supportive residents of the surrounding community. What more can you want?

Posted January 07, 2006
My son is a kindergartner at Minor Elementary. He is challenged academically on a daily basis. He has been identified as a high achiever and his teacher has developed a high level curriculum to meet his needs. I am very pleased with the teachers and staff. Many of the teachers at Minor hold masters degrees in education. I think this speaks volumes about their committment to education. The principal at Minor is awesome. She is always willing to listen to any concerns and she is a true problem solver. Unfortunately, Minor did experience some problems in the past. This is related to the in flux of non-english speaking students. The principal has staffed her team with well qualified personnel who are able to handle the challenges which they have been presented with. I am so pleased that Minor is no longer on the 'needs improvement list.' I highly recommend this school.

Minor Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2004
The school was awarded an excellence rating several years ago. Since then, the school has been on the Worst school list for three years now. In fact, they are now required to pay for tutoring to children who failed. I moved just to get my daughter into a better school. The teachers do not respond to parent concerns until the principal is contacted or even the school board representative for the district. My advice to anyone considering this school or even currently enrolled to view the 'Accountability Report' provided by Gwinnett County. You will be shocked to see how 'poor' of a school this really has become.

Posted September 18, 2003
Minor Elementary won an award for excellence, and I see why. This is one of the best schools I've seen, and I'm so glad my son is attending this great school. Everyone from the Principal, to the teachers to the staff in the front office realize and show that they are their for the children. As excellent and qualified as everyone on staff is, they leave their egos at the door and actually serve the children. More schools should follow their lead. Minor Elementary is truly a Great School!

Minor Elementary School
4129 Shady Dr NW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified Minor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.