Lilburn, GA

Posted May 06, 2014
As I arrived to SJNRCS this morning, I noticed a dad and his little girl having a rough time at the front door. Clearly the little girl did not want to go in and the dad was struggling. I recognized her as the new student in KB. I took her hand and she reluctantly walked through the door. Sitting in the front hall were about 6 middle school students and a few younger ones. EVERY one of them immediately smiled at her. I did some fast talking about how they used to be scared too and they all just kept smiling at her. A seventh grade girl commented on how cute her backpack was and how she loved Hello Kitty too. The KB girl moved closer to seventh grade girl and miraculously seventh grade girl produced some magic markers and some paper and was down on the floor coloring with her within seconds. THAT S why you send your children to SJNRCS. EVERY one of those students went into Mommy and Daddy mode urging KB girl on with their smiles. THAT does not happen just anywhere.

St. John Neumann Regional Catholic 1

Posted May 02, 2014
Education is the most important aspect of a good school. It doesn t matter how many extracurricular activities the school offers, if there is no focus on education. When the enrollment has greatly decreased for the past few years, you know there are problems that need to be fixed. When wonderful teachers and teacher aides are let go, parents need to be concerned. I don t hear of any of the administrative personnel being let go. That should have been where the first cuts were made. No one wants to answer any questions. The only time parents are appreciated is when they hand over a check. I think I will be taking my child and check to another school.

Posted May 02, 2014
SJNRCS Parent - Note 2/4 About 4 to 5 years ago, I did notice that the Principal, at the time, was starting to "burn out" and become ineffective as a leader. Changes were soon made, and we now have a Principal making SJNRCS an even better place for our children. My wife and I (mostly my awesome wife) do play an integral part in our children's education by making sure our children have their homework completed and are prepared for their next day of school, and I'm sure that's a big part of the fact that all three are doing very well in school. All our children do benefit from and enjoy some of the extracurricular activities they offer. Our children are involved in team sports as well as Lego club, robotics club, student government, and drama crew. They have more extracurricular activities, but these are the activities that are of interest to our children.

Posted May 02, 2014
SJNRCS Parent - Note 1/4 I am a parent who currently has three children at SJNRCS, and we have been a part of the school family for 9 years and even longer with the St. John Neumann Church. Our oldest child is graduating 8th grade this year, and my wife and I look forward to graduating our other two children from SJNRCS as well (we will be a part of the SJNRCS family for another 6 years). Parents can find good to great educations at some of the public schools and many of the private and parochial schools in our area. We, however, choose SJNRCS as we were looking for a place for our children to receive a solid education and, more importantly, to receive that education in a safe and loving environment from teachers that thrive in that same environment. Having been a part of the school for 9 years, we know we made the right decision.

Posted May 02, 2014
SJNRCS Parent - Note 3/4 .I did go to the SJNRCS drama production last night (first one I've seen), and I enjoyed the entire program. I was impressed that the entire show was run by all of the students (of all ages) from performers to the stage crew that changed the sets behind the curtains. I was equally impressed with how all of the students worked together for the task at hand which was to perform for the audience. This speaks a lot to the teachers that did a great job throughout the year to ensure they were ready to perform. I speak a lot about this only because it is fresh on my mind from last night. Getting back to education, our 8th grader will be entering all accelerated and honors classes in high school next year at St. Pius X which speaks a lot to the skills and education received at SJNRCS.

Posted May 02, 2014
SJNRCS Parent - Note 4/4 In a nutshell, the education our children are receiving at SJNRCS is solid, but more importantly, I have to say I love the "family" environment for which they are receiving that education. If you want your child to be babysat for 8 hours while you just go on with your own life for the day, if you want your child to be in an easy program that doesn't challenge the mind, if you want your child to look at their shoes all their life when trying to talk to others because they were thrown in a school that doesn't focus on character as well as education, if you don't want your child to learn and grow in an environment that teaches respect of others while providing an excellent education in a safe, family environment.....then go somewhere else, please go somewhere else! If, however, you want your son or daughter to obtain a solid education in a Christian/Catholic environment that will prepare them for High School and more importantly prepare them to be a person of high moral character with a genuine care for others ......then, in my humble opinion, SJNRCS is a great place to start....

Posted May 02, 2014
I have known Mr. Porto for almost two years now. He is a man of great discipline and faith. He is always willing to listen and take into consideration new ideas or opinions for providing quality education for the children. He has successfully initiated friendly dialogue among faculty and parents for better performance. Do not hesitate to take your genuine concerns to him. Pastor, SJN

Posted January 26, 2014
My child receives an exceptional education from SJNRCS. The teachers and faculty provide a loving and nurturing environment. There is a strong sense of community at SJNRCS that I love! I have one child that has already graduated and he was well prepared for one of the top high schools in Georgia.

Posted January 26, 2014
I am the proud parent of two children at SJNRCS. The education received is excellent and balanced. The faculty collaborates with parents in instilling a love of lifelong learning and fostering respect for oneself and others. Students are taught personal responsibility for conscientious choices. My children are involved in extra curricular activities that compliment the excellent education received at the school.

Posted January 10, 2014
SJN is a Blue Ribbon school. It is absolutely wonderful and a blessing for our family. The teachers and administration have high expectations for the students--and the students rise to the occasion. Many students continue on to well-known, private high schools. All SJN students perform service projects. They attend weekly mass. My oldest son is obtaining a strong math and science foundation in the middle school. I have a child with dyslexia and all teachers graciously make the accomodations necessary for my younger child to succeed. Some teachers have Orton-Gillingham training. Many SJN faculty have master's degrees and all seem to be well versed in inquiry-based learning using research-based best practices instructional methods. Both the principal and assistant principal have previous teaching experience are well educated and have nothing but the students' and parents' best interest at heart. The school is operated very professionally. Take a tour. Meet the teachers. Let your child shadow for a day--the school assigns a "Buddy" to your child. My child shadowed and came home loving SJN.

St. John Neumann Regional Catholic
791 Tom Smith Rd SW, Lilburn, GA  30047
Last modified St. John Neumann Regional Catholic is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John Neumann Regional Catholic Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top