Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
The administrators need to be investigated and removed. They are inconsistent in their actions involving the students. For the same action one student will get suspended while another gets "mediation" for the same offense or worse. The administration is not even sure what their jobs actually are. If you are a parent who values education or likes to be involved in your child's education, move as far away from this school as possible.

Posted October 24, 2015
The school is run like a prison camp. The secretary is extremely unprofessional. When I came to pick my child up for a dentist's appointment I was kept waiting for 10 minutes. I asked the secretary if she could call for my student a second time and she informed me that the teacher would 'kill her' for interrupting again. I decided I would wait in the hallway. As I went for the door she began screaming at me not to go down to the classroom. I had to inform her that I was simply going to wait for my child right outside the door so we could leave immediately. Apparently, the principal allows this type of unprofessional behavior. The principal herself defended my child's second grade teacher when the teacher sent her home on the bus instead of to ASP. Luckily, I was at home when my child came home. The sheer negligence of this principal and unprofessional behavior of her office staff is incredible. The energy of this school is so negative. To go from a welcoming private school with friendly staff to a school where you're buzzed in like a prisoner and yelled at by office staff is incredible to me. Needless to say my child will not attend this subpar school next year. The teachers make upwards of 60K yet they constantly ask for money, sell t-shirts, etc while not offering great teaching. Lithia Springs is not the most well off area so if you're child has to attend Sweetwater Elementary be prepared to supplement their learning a whole lot.

Posted August 23, 2014
We are new to Sweetwater Elementary this year. I have to say it's a complete 180 from the private school my child attended for the last 3 years. I don't know what the entire staff is like, but my child's teacher seems like she's out to lunch. I pray she is teaching her students each day. There is zero communication from this teacher. The students have an agenda that parents purchase for $5 and the only note I've received to date is about how my daughter puts her head down when she knows this is not allowed. Wow. Maybe my child is bored. In my opinion, her classroom wasn't prepared for the first day. There wasn't even an alphabet displayed. What if my child needs that reference when she mixes up her b's and d's? I sent in a simple note asking which days PE were on so I'd be sure to dress my child in sneakers. No response. The homework isn't checked. It's returned in my child's folder every day looking like it hadn't even been touched nor reviewed. My child was also sent home on the bus when I sent in a note that she should go to afterschool for the day. Thankfully, I was home. I just got sheepish 'I'm sorry's' from the transportation coordinator and the teacher. Disappointed.

Sweetwater Elementary School 5

Posted April 16, 2013
I love Sweetwater elementary. The teachers are so caring and so wonderful at teaching. The administrators are always there to listen, and help when and if you need it. I am able to visit my children whenever I want. The school is always clean and organized. I couldn't have picked a better school to teach my kids.

Sweetwater Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2012
My thought on SWES is this PARENTS do your work at home with your children, make them sit at the table and do there homework,explain how important education is to there life...on other hands yes there are some instructors who need a good sit down with but I'm pretty sure thats in every school sysytem. Please stay in front of your child teachers as often as you can not only when things are not going so well but when things are running well..sorry if I stepped on any toes! Sonya

Posted April 18, 2011
My son had a bully last year and when it was taken to the principal and vice principal nothing was done about it until i called the dept. of ed. but, a week after that, every thing my son does is reported to the principal. My son after this year will never step foot in that school again after what they have been doing. I give the school one star and that is me being nice.

Posted June 28, 2010
In response to the parent who was disappointed because her child was bullied, I agree with you. My two white children (boys) were both bullied, physically and emotionally. All of the comments were racially motivated. White children at this school are the actually minority. They were pushed down and called names, but always just out of sight of the teachers. When they complained to their teachers, they were told that because they didn't see anything happen, there was nothing they could do. I spoke with the teachers on more than one occasion. Nothing got any better. They stopped saying anything to their teachers because they said it made it worse on them and that the teachers got mad if they said anything. I understand that bullying is a normal occurence, but when children are allowed to physically push and hit other children, what message does this send?

Posted June 27, 2010
We are very disappointed with this school. My son attended this school in the 5th grade and was constantly being bullied" and talked about due to his darker skin complexion. The bulling and racial remarks were never taken serious by the Principle or the Teacher. It has been a constant battle for us because this school lacks discipline and professionalism. PARENTS: Please think twice about sending your child to this school especially if they are considered societies minority. It s really sad when you have to teach your child to defend himself instead of teaching them the importance of school and that s to get a quality education.

Sweetwater Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
They were the only school that would keep my child safe. She was removed from school afte she left there due to her Latex allergy.

Posted January 17, 2009
My concern for this schools sagging achievement data has been verified. After a great Kindergarten experience at this school, we have been severely disappointed with the lack of challenging work from our son's 1st grade teacher. We have had several communications with the teacher only to have the same work with no assistance from the school leadership. Teaching to the middle seems to be the constant for this school, but this is not accpetable to us. Our child will be at another school next year.

Sweetwater Elementary School
2505 East County Line Rd, Lithia Springs, GA  30122
Last modified Sweetwater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sweetwater Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top