Posted August 23, 2014
We are new to Sweetwater Elementary this year. I have to say it's a complete 180 from the private school my child attended for the last 3 years. I don't know what the entire staff is like, but my child's teacher seems like she's out to lunch. I pray she is teaching her students each day. There is zero communication from this teacher. The students have an agenda that parents purchase for $5 and the only note I've received to date is about how my daughter puts her head down when she knows this is not allowed. Wow. Maybe my child is bored. In my opinion, her classroom wasn't prepared for the first day. There wasn't even an alphabet displayed. What if my child needs that reference when she mixes up her b's and d's? I sent in a simple note asking which days PE were on so I'd be sure to dress my child in sneakers. No response. The homework isn't checked. It's returned in my child's folder every day looking like it hadn't even been touched nor reviewed. My child was also sent home on the bus when I sent in a note that she should go to afterschool for the day. Thankfully, I was home. I just got sheepish 'I'm sorry's' from the transportation coordinator and the teacher. Disappointed.

Posted April 16, 2013
I love Sweetwater elementary. The teachers are so caring and so wonderful at teaching. The administrators are always there to listen, and help when and if you need it. I am able to visit my children whenever I want. The school is always clean and organized. I couldn't have picked a better school to teach my kids.

Posted August 28, 2012
My thought on SWES is this PARENTS do your work at home with your children, make them sit at the table and do there homework,explain how important education is to there life...on other hands yes there are some instructors who need a good sit down with but I'm pretty sure thats in every school sysytem. Please stay in front of your child teachers as often as you can not only when things are not going so well but when things are running well..sorry if I stepped on any toes! Sonya

Sweetwater Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2011
My son had a bully last year and when it was taken to the principal and vice principal nothing was done about it until i called the dept. of ed. but, a week after that, every thing my son does is reported to the principal. My son after this year will never step foot in that school again after what they have been doing. I give the school one star and that is me being nice.

Posted June 28, 2010
In response to the parent who was disappointed because her child was bullied, I agree with you. My two white children (boys) were both bullied, physically and emotionally. All of the comments were racially motivated. White children at this school are the actually minority. They were pushed down and called names, but always just out of sight of the teachers. When they complained to their teachers, they were told that because they didn't see anything happen, there was nothing they could do. I spoke with the teachers on more than one occasion. Nothing got any better. They stopped saying anything to their teachers because they said it made it worse on them and that the teachers got mad if they said anything. I understand that bullying is a normal occurence, but when children are allowed to physically push and hit other children, what message does this send?

Sweetwater Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2010
We are very disappointed with this school. My son attended this school in the 5th grade and was constantly being bullied" and talked about due to his darker skin complexion. The bulling and racial remarks were never taken serious by the Principle or the Teacher. It has been a constant battle for us because this school lacks discipline and professionalism. PARENTS: Please think twice about sending your child to this school especially if they are considered societies minority. It s really sad when you have to teach your child to defend himself instead of teaching them the importance of school and that s to get a quality education.

Sweetwater Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
They were the only school that would keep my child safe. She was removed from school afte she left there due to her Latex allergy.

Posted April 03, 2009

Posted January 17, 2009
My concern for this schools sagging achievement data has been verified. After a great Kindergarten experience at this school, we have been severely disappointed with the lack of challenging work from our son's 1st grade teacher. We have had several communications with the teacher only to have the same work with no assistance from the school leadership. Teaching to the middle seems to be the constant for this school, but this is not accpetable to us. Our child will be at another school next year.

Sweetwater Elementary School 4

Posted July 28, 2008

Sweetwater Elementary School
2505 E County Line Rd, Lithia Springs, GA  30122
Last modified Sweetwater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sweetwater Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top