Browns Mill Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2013
My oldest child (who is now a middle schooler) attended from kindergarten until 5th grade and the school was pretty good under Dr. Butler's leadership. Once the magnet program was moved and the current administration took the wheel the school has steadily gone down hill. I have one child left at BMES who will not be attending next year. Although I like the teacher that we have this year, I am super concerned about the leadership and environment at the school. My child is an A student who hasn't had any problems and I want to keep it that way. I am sad to say that I can no longer recommend this school to anyone else because there is no strive towards excellence.

Browns Mill Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2012
My niece and nephew attend this school and I must say that coming from a private school to a public school setting, I do understand why parents pay to send their children to school. This has been the most horrible experience and I am so glad that the school year will be over in a few months. the staff as a whole are unprofessional, my niece and nephew can NOT eat their lunch in peace, without children taking their food. We have addressed this problem numerous of times, and still no solution. So, we have to go and sit with them for lunch to make sure that they eat. UNBELIEVABLE. Aunt Dazey,

Browns Mill Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2010

Browns Mill Elementary School 0

Posted February 16, 2010
As a 5th grader, this is my daughter's last year at BMS. I have been very pleased with the education recieved by my son and my daughter at this school. There is tremendous parental support. The teachers are very professional and the leadership is personable and exceptional. What really empresses me about the school is that this is the school many teachers in the area send their kids to for an education. Teachers that work there, teachers in the neighborhood, etc. That speaks volumes to the type of educational experience our children are recieving at BMS.

Browns Mill Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2009
This school is not what people think it is. Yeah you are sugar free, what about all the candy being sold and eaten in the classrooms. A Joke!

Posted October 06, 2009
The first sugar-free school in the county. This will make a difference with learning and behavior. Caring teachers rounds this school out to make it one of the best in the nation!

Browns Mill Elementary School 0

Posted August 12, 2009
A great school, backed by a supportive staff. Top lunch & breakfast program. This school will prepare your children for anything the world, (or the next grade level) throws at them. Uniforms and a sugar free zone make this school one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 29, 2007
A great school with a very dedicated and professional staff of educators.

Posted October 14, 2007
Browns mill is a great school my daughter just finished the magnet program and is now at Chambling. Her teachers said that she was taught very well!

Posted October 02, 2007
My family and I made a terrible mistake by moving to Fayette County (Georgia), in hopes of finding a better school. We were totally wrong and didn't know what a good thing we actually had. BMS is an excellent school! My daughter, who came up the ranks at BMS, starting from kindergarten up to third grade. She spent a miserable and dumping down year in fourth grade at a Fayette County School, I could have kill myself for making a horrible decision to leave BMS. Well, at any rate, we are back with top notch teachers and my daughter is learning well above her grade level. Keep up the great work, BMS!!! All schools are not created equal.

Browns Mill Elementary School
4863 Browns Mill Rd, Lithonia, GA  30038
Last modified Browns Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Browns Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top