Locust Grove, GA

Posted March 19, 2015
My daughter is 7 and this is her first time in Public School here as we recently moved to Georgia. Her home room teacher is Ms. Little and the woman is simply amazing. My daughter is excited about school, her lessons and I think overall the school family is great. I just want to implore them to keep up the great job they're doing. Michelle A.

Posted March 19, 2015
My daughter is 7 and this is her first time in Public School here in the United States as we recently moved to Georgia. Her home room teacher is Ms. Little and she is just simply amazing. I think she is great with her students, creates the atmosphere that enhances learning and my daughter speaks well of her. My daughter is excited about school and her lessons and I think overall, he school family both academic and administrative staff are doing a great job. Michelle A., McDonough GA

Posted February 11, 2013
My daughter transferred from Clayton County and we are totally happy with Luella. Much better teachers, school and administrators!!!! completely impressed.

Posted September 07, 2012
Luella is a definite improvement compared to where my second grader was in clayton and dekalb county. His teacher seems very caring and helpful. I love the car rider pick up process because it moves along very organized and swiftly. I also love the diversity and smaller class size. My son's homework actually challenges him to think and i like how they implement positive reinforcement for their discipline policies rather than punishment. I am so relieved and happy that i transferred my son here!

Posted August 17, 2011
Our experience with Luella has been good. We have had great supportive teachers who have always been willing to take the time to listen to our concerns. I have also enjoyed the different community activities they have sponsored thus far and look forward to a few more years of a great expereience. In order for a school to be great, it must have supportive families who are willing to help make a difference.

Luella Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
The present principal is retiring. This will be a positive step toward rebuilding trust and morale among faculty, staff and parents. With severe budget cuts, pay cuts, and unrealistic expectations demanded of teachers, a principal that inspires trust and shows genuine appreciation is a necessity.

Luella Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
I found that my daughter had an ok teacher she seemed nice and i helped out as much as I could. Principal (Mrs. Wolfe) does not help out much and does not care much about students well being, in my personal experience. Staff in office is ok (moody) and now my daughter is attending a different school in the county that is a title 1 school and she came in behind at this school, teachers at new school have been more then helpful in helping her catch up since school year is almost over. never seen this much progress in her schooling at luella

Luella Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
Luella Elementary is one of 18 schools in the county that did not meet the No Child Left Behind Annual Yearly Progress.

Luella Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2010
Too many of the good teachers are leaving, as well as the award-winning librarian. That must indicate problems with administration. The building is attactive and the classroooms are inviting.

Luella Elementary School

Posted February 08, 2010
My child attended Luella Elementary School during the 2008/2009 school year. The teachers are great and really care about the children's overall education and intelligence. This school should be commended for having excellent educators. They know how to inspire and motivate.

Luella Elementary School
575 Walker Dr, Locust Grove, GA  30248
(770) 288-2035
Last modified Luella Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luella Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top