Bad
Good

It is great! Because the teachears make that happened. Mr. Gilchrist is an excellent teacher. My son was impacted for him in different good ways. My little son is in first grade and TAG now . He loves to go to the school and learn more and more. Thanks Mr. Gilchrist you make the school really exceed standards, LES.

I have to rate this school as a five star because my son is excelling he is in a TAG class and it's simply amazing note my younger son will be attending and my daughter will follow. MISS BINS IS PHENOMENAL AND MISS SCANLAN IS NEW BUT SHE IS GREAT!!!!!

Well, the proof is in the child and not in the pudding in this case. Whenever, your child doesn't want to miss schooI and is eager to get to school and on time that speaks Major volume. The school system as a whole in Henry county Georgia is the most unique in comparison to others. They are always looking for parents feed back or our voices in decision making that concerns our children and the community as a whole. As the saying goes ...."It takes a village to raise a child." It also takes a special heart that has compassion, communication skills, patience, leadership and visionary skills as well as having the ability to look at our children and know that they are our future and they the staff has to shoot their best shots in developing, molding and shaping small minds into Greatness! The staff treats you like family and that forms a relationship that builds trust and a bond. I salute the entire system that demands Excellence! Also, I give kudos to the tenth power and am so grateful to the school's leader Dr. Carla Montgomery and the entire staff for an open door policy and for setting the standards high and encouraging all to reach up even higher in an effective to achieve goals. Thank you, S.Harrell

My daughter is 7 and this is her first time in Public School here as we recently moved to Georgia. Her home room teacher is Ms. Little and the woman is simply amazing. My daughter is excited about school, her lessons and I think overall the school family is great. I just want to implore them to keep up the great job they're doing. Michelle A.

My daughter is 7 and this is her first time in Public School here in the United States as we recently moved to Georgia. Her home room teacher is Ms. Little and she is just simply amazing. I think she is great with her students, creates the atmosphere that enhances learning and my daughter speaks well of her. My daughter is excited about school and her lessons and I think overall, he school family both academic and administrative staff are doing a great job. Michelle A., McDonough GA

My daughter transferred from Clayton County and we are totally happy with Luella. Much better teachers, school and administrators!!!! completely impressed.

Luella is a definite improvement compared to where my second grader was in clayton and dekalb county. His teacher seems very caring and helpful. I love the car rider pick up process because it moves along very organized and swiftly. I also love the diversity and smaller class size. My son's homework actually challenges him to think and i like how they implement positive reinforcement for their discipline policies rather than punishment. I am so relieved and happy that i transferred my son here!

Our experience with Luella has been good. We have had great supportive teachers who have always been willing to take the time to listen to our concerns. I have also enjoyed the different community activities they have sponsored thus far and look forward to a few more years of a great expereience. In order for a school to be great, it must have supportive families who are willing to help make a difference.

The present principal is retiring. This will be a positive step toward rebuilding trust and morale among faculty, staff and parents. With severe budget cuts, pay cuts, and unrealistic expectations demanded of teachers, a principal that inspires trust and shows genuine appreciation is a necessity.

I found that my daughter had an ok teacher she seemed nice and i helped out as much as I could. Principal (Mrs. Wolfe) does not help out much and does not care much about students well being, in my personal experience. Staff in office is ok (moody) and now my daughter is attending a different school in the county that is a title 1 school and she came in behind at this school, teachers at new school have been more then helpful in helping her catch up since school year is almost over. never seen this much progress in her schooling at luella

Last modified Luella Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.