Posted September 07, 2012
Luella is a definite improvement compared to where my second grader was in clayton and dekalb county. His teacher seems very caring and helpful. I love the car rider pick up process because it moves along very organized and swiftly. I also love the diversity and smaller class size. My son's homework actually challenges him to think and i like how they implement positive reinforcement for their discipline policies rather than punishment. I am so relieved and happy that i transferred my son here!

Posted August 17, 2011
Our experience with Luella has been good. We have had great supportive teachers who have always been willing to take the time to listen to our concerns. I have also enjoyed the different community activities they have sponsored thus far and look forward to a few more years of a great expereience. In order for a school to be great, it must have supportive families who are willing to help make a difference.

Luella Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
The present principal is retiring. This will be a positive step toward rebuilding trust and morale among faculty, staff and parents. With severe budget cuts, pay cuts, and unrealistic expectations demanded of teachers, a principal that inspires trust and shows genuine appreciation is a necessity.

Luella Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
I found that my daughter had an ok teacher she seemed nice and i helped out as much as I could. Principal (Mrs. Wolfe) does not help out much and does not care much about students well being, in my personal experience. Staff in office is ok (moody) and now my daughter is attending a different school in the county that is a title 1 school and she came in behind at this school, teachers at new school have been more then helpful in helping her catch up since school year is almost over. never seen this much progress in her schooling at luella

Posted August 16, 2010
Luella Elementary is one of 18 schools in the county that did not meet the No Child Left Behind Annual Yearly Progress.

Posted May 07, 2010
Too many of the good teachers are leaving, as well as the award-winning librarian. That must indicate problems with administration. The building is attactive and the classroooms are inviting.

Luella Elementary School 0

Posted February 08, 2010
My child attended Luella Elementary School during the 2008/2009 school year. The teachers are great and really care about the children's overall education and intelligence. This school should be commended for having excellent educators. They know how to inspire and motivate.

Posted July 12, 2009
I hope the 09-10 school year is better as far as the riders line. The teachers should pay close attention to getting the kids to the right cars and not Conversing so much!

Posted May 01, 2009
Overcrowded, overcrowded, overcrowded. We have 23-25 students per teacher. And more trailers than I can count. I am guessing 30 trailers. Every ounce of extra grass room is filled with a trailer. Teachers are fantastic, but they should not have to deal with 25 kids per class. They do the best they can but some of the classrooms are out of control because of the amount of kids per adult. I have been appalled at the behavior of some of the classes. The school scores well on standardized testing, because the teachers put forth such a great effort. Think twice about moving to the Luella community. It is way over crowded.

Posted March 03, 2009
My son began LES during his 1st grade yr. I was nervous as he was in priv school for Pre-K & K, & as he is diagnosed with Autism. He's made many gains in this school. Even I was amazed! The teachers have all cared about him like he was their own. Our plan was to leave him in for 1 yr so that he was eligable for GSNS, but he did so well & we fell in love with the teachers & staff that we actually let him attend for another yr. He's in 2nd grade now, & still doing well in the typical classroom. He has issues but the teachers have accepted him & gone the extra mile to ensure he gets the edu that he deserves. I'm impressed as I, until now, had very little faith in the public schools. Highly recommend!

Luella Elementary School
575 Walker Dr, Locust Grove, GA  30248
(770) 288-2035
Last modified Luella Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luella Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top