Rosebud Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1043 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 8, 2014

This School is bad the ladies who work at the administration like to mock the kids and also do not show respect for parents at all. When you file complaint with the principals they do not want to listen to you they always said is a kids issue is embarrassing do not recommend this school at all

Posted February 3, 2014

This is a great school! They care for my daughter and offered additional learning options for her. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 21, 2013

Rosebud Elementary School is an great school with a administration and staff that are dedicated to providing a safe learning environment for all students each day. They are all committed to meeting the needs of each individual student, whether it is in a gifted or special needs capacity. While discipline/behavioral issues have interfered with my children's education, I cannot blame the staff or administration. As a parent, I can say that we cannot expect the school system to educate and PARENT our children. I have witnessed some undesirable parents a this school. They say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Nonetheless, the teachers try their best to teach around these circumstances. The environment is safe and clean.

Posted September 23, 2013

Great school so far! We moved from DeKalb county and I must say this school (Gwinnett county) is MUCH more organized. My son is doing very well. Ms. Davis is awesome! We're sticking around so our little ones can attend school there too!

Posted September 10, 2013

If I could give this school no stars, I would. This school has gotten worse in the last five yests than I thought was possible. So many issues. Too little time. Everyday I meet another patent who has a problem with this school. They act so busy with their " meetings" trying to make it look like they can run a school. It's all for looks and title 1 money. They needed books and a better playground the first year it opened but all we got was Mrs. Chambers picture on the wall!!! There is no hope for this school.

Posted August 6, 2013

Wow! I'm surprised this school received such low scores from the community. I guess it's true what we've all learned in Business 101 after all. Unhappy customers are more likely to share negative feedback than happy customers are to share positive. On that note, I refuse to judge this school based on the community rating because it's a one-sided view. Many parents don't want to be held accountable for their children's shortcoming so naturally they blame the teachers and administrators. This is sad but true. As a parent who has a child enrolled in Rosebud, I am satisfied with the approachable attitude from leadership and staff. From what I have seen, the teachers are friendly and passionate about making a difference. I would recommend this school to responsible parents who are interested in their child's education and who also exhibit a passion for excellence. The scores that matter are pretty good so they must be doing something right.

Posted June 25, 2013

Rosebud Elementary School, not sure whey the comments are negative for this school, but with each situation there will always be pros and cons. I must say Ms. Chambers as well as the other teachers and assistant principals interact with the children. My two daughters love going there and I truly love them going there as well. Both of my daughters are on the principal's honor roll. I previously had one situation with a teacher, however I scheduled a conference with the teacher, Ms. Chambers, as well as the assisitant principal, the situation was rectified. I truly love Rosebud, they're the reason I'm in Snellville now.

Posted June 4, 2013

Due to my husbands job we have had to move around more than what we would like to but because of this my kids have been to several different schools and this school by far has been the worst. There are a couple of good teachers there that really care about the kids and love their jobs (Mr Coleman), the others are there just for a paycheck and it shows in their attitude. The ladies that work at the car rider line are rude to the kids and adults, I have even seen them dragging kids around by their arms, then on top of that they tried to put someones else's kids in my car and told me that I was supposed to take them home. Whenever I had dealing with the assistant principal I found her to be very non caring and extremely rude, she is not very professional at all. I would recommend that you not send any children to this school at all.

Posted May 1, 2013

I attended the transition to kindergarten workshop last week and I was very excited about what my child will be learning in kindergarten. Also, you could see the passion that the teachers have for educating and they even gave us a packet of tools to use to prepare our children during the summer.

Posted April 30, 2013

My daughter is in Kindergarten and I can say so far so good. Her Teacher for this year was Great!...The Administration was great!. I have no concerns at all with my daughter returning for another fantastic school year.

Posted January 25, 2013

I Love this School and The Teachers!! this school really helped improve my child's learning experience in every aspect. This my child's first Public school experience, she has been in Private school most of childhood years. The dedication of the Teachers working there is awesome, my child has done a complete turnaround. This school is great and I recommend it to anyone.

Posted December 20, 2012

I have no clue what these people are talking about. We recently moved to Snellville and this school and their staff are VERY much involved in the well-being of the students. My children come home everyday with more knowledge and the teachers are awesome. They always have something educational going on and the Principal is very caring and detailed. I am notified by email from my teachers at least twice a week. They push their students to excellence. My daughter is Kindergarden reading and writing on a 1st grade level. I highly recommend RES.

Posted February 24, 2012

This school is getting worse by the day!! If the administartion does not start standing up and taking control of the situations that are going on around them and hold the students accountable for their actions there is no telling how bad this school is going to get!! There have been students caught with fake knives this year and absolutely nothing was done! The Student Resourse Office was never notified and the student was allowed back in class that very same day! When giving 5 or 6 chances before a parent is notified is unacceptable!!! I really hope that the New Superintendant will take notice to the complants of the parents and get rid of ALL that think it is a good idea to sweep things under the table!!! And to be proud that you are a Distingushed Title 1 is absurd!!! If they reported half of what happens at RES it would be a Distingushed Reform School!

Posted January 2, 2012

I would NOT recommend this school to anyone. A handful of the teachers are spectacular with students, really encoraging them to learn and really caring about them. Others act like they are only there to teach a lesson, and nothing more. So if your child(ren) are the kind that likes some special attention when they do a good job, this is not the school for them. This is supposed to be an "Anti-Bullying" school, but when BULLYING starts at this school, it goes unnoticed by most all teachers, including the principle. Teachers act like they are not aware of anything, and the principle sweeps it under the carpet. Nothing is ever done about it, hence your child(ren) suffers mentally as well as with their grades. I have even seen a lack of wanting to go to school anymore because of the bullying. Something NEEDS to be done with the bullying and FAST!!!

Posted November 15, 2011

When we first moved here from FL in 2009 I was not too thrilled with sending my kids to R.E.S. So far, I haven't had any serious issues though. I do agree with a lot of what the other posts are saying, it's not the best school and there are some major behavior problems with certain students. I also wish it wasn't Title One and that is was a little more diverse in culture as far as the student body goes. We have stayed ON TOP of our kids and both have maintained honor roll since day 1. But trust me if any major issues were to arise with my kids I would not hesitate to transfer them to a better school.

Posted May 17, 2011

I have 2 children that have attended Rosebud since it opened 3 years ago. I must echo the same concerns as the previous posters. We have made the decision to request a permissive transfer next year 2011-12. There are great teachers, not all the students are aggressive and abusive but there are probably more then in neighboring schools. I often wonder if this is a trait associated with the Title 1 status? Administration has been a huge pet peeve of mine since day one and from where I'm sitting I haven't seen much improvement in that area. One look in the cafeteria of the massive mural with Principal: Tarsha Chambers depicted sitting on the floor with students reading is just a tad bit egotistical. It's very much the mood of the school. I am done waiting for things to change 3 years is plenty of time to work out the kinks.. I would not recommend sending your child to this school

Posted March 26, 2011

Rosebud ES has some great staff members and like anything it has some bad. The house needs to be cleaned and let us start at the top. The administrator who takes the lead and fails to listen and follow the needs to the people they lead will fail. We see this everyday at Rosebud ES. The administration is not inline with the needs and goals of the student and families the use Rosebud ES. Go back to middle school!!! Heels are not what is needed to teach and mold children. Remove the superior attitude and remember why you come to work each day. I would NOT recommend Rosebud ES to anyone with the present administration in place.

Posted February 27, 2011

Instead of blaming one particular group, I think that all groups need to be held accountable for any shortcomings that a school might have. Making passive aggressive comments about a school, withdrawing your child, or criticizing teachers and/or administrators is highly ineffective. Perhaps encouraging parents that are not involved would be more effective. Keep in mind that GCPS does not have any type of alternative school for students that are in elementary school with severe discipline issues. So in some sense, the hands of the school are tied. Please remember that it takes an entire community to make a school successful. A school is a direct reflection of the community from which it is birthed.

Posted February 26, 2011

I agree with everything the previous posters have written. This school needs an administration change immediately! Problems are not solved even after repeated contact. This really does seem to be a Title 1 focused school with little regard to those who want the school to be more than that. For the three years this school has been open my children have been in classes with very aggressive students who physically assault students and teachers as well as damage property. These issues are not being addressed instead the focus is on doing fundraisers and teaching parents how to parent or understand tests.

Posted February 23, 2011

My child attended Rosebud the first year it was open. I pulled him out the next. The administration there was not in line with what an elementary school should be. It was not a good environment for children.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

168 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

168 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

174 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

174 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

137 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

140 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

144 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

144 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

168 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

• Tarsha Chambers

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4151 Rosebud Rd