Clay Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2014
It's all about what type of support and involvement you are willing to have in your child's education. I've found that the teachers genuinely love the students and everyone works to ensure our kids succeed. But they can only do so much between 8 and 2, parents need to be accountable too. Give the school a chance and I think you will be surprised.

Clay Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2012
School now has 340 students, due to redistricting for new school in Mableton area. Other schools in the area are at or close to capacity due to the redistricting. One school in the area was closed. Clay has 21st century afternoon tutoring, piano, book club and Saturday school. They have great caring teachers and staff. The school has improved on test scores and academics. There is a mixture of different races at Clay, but they make up a great family of students.

Clay Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2011
As a parent I am extremely disappointed in this school. It started out on the first day of school. 75% of the kids are hispanic, my son is of mixed origin and the teacher assumed he was hispanic. My son's class was a mixture of every learning level...special ed to kids who already know the material. He gets bored easily because he's not challenged enough so he causes trouble with the other boys. I don't like the principle. She's not very helpful. Overall my experience with this school is horrible. I am pulling my son out to place in another school. The teacher did her best to try to help but she's overwhelmed with the class and the kids ever with a peer pro.

Clay Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2011
I am a former teacher at Clay from the 90's. I have since relocated back to MI. I must say my years at Clay were some of my best times. All the teachers and staff were highly professional and committed to excellence. I am so sorry to hear that Clay has gone through so many changes throughout the years. I hope that one day it again can be a gem in the community. Angela Santoro Tolly

Posted February 23, 2009
1/2 of the students are Hispanic. I read a post about no homework being given. I've seen homework bags sent home and no support from the parents. The staff at Clay are loving and supportive of the students. I never had any problems with the school.

Posted December 17, 2008
Highly disappointed in the lack of academic growth my son is experiencing because his teacher appears to be focused on the bottom sector of her classroom. Homework assignments are sporadic and last minute (Over a 2 month period my son received about 6 homework assignments-all pages ripped from a math workbook-nothing else!) When I brought up my concerns about the lack of consistency/forethought in homework assignments in a conference held with principal and teacher, the principal accepted responsibility by suggesting that she really couldn't tell who completes the homework and that the majority of the student body doesn't get enough support at home to complete homework. Poor communication of academic goals and assessments. As an aside, as a teacher myself, I am always a little surprised and appalled at the lack of professional dress. The majority of staffers appear in jeans and sweats daily!

Posted April 11, 2008
A Wonderful School. My children have had only great teachers and experiences at Clay.

Clay Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2007
This is a great school to work at and be a part of. Teachers are focused on student achievement and motivation while constantly applying research based strategies to help all students obtain a quality education.

Clay Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
Clay Elementary is deticated to their students and it's their goal to work with parents to help each child succeed. Extracurricular activities are starting to emerge this year. They recently added piano lessons to their list of extracurricular activities. You never know what they will add on next. However it will be benifical for the students!

Clay Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2005

Clay Elementary School
730 Boggs Rd SW, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Clay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top