No rating

Mableton Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's okay. I guess I should expect it to be just okay for a public school, although the last public school of similar size was superb. This is our first year at Mableton Elementary. Open house was a disaster and my high hopes for this school began to go downhill from there. (Open house was a 30-40 minute powerpoint presentation of what's expected from the student, but the student isn't in the classroom to hear of the expectations. Students are sent off to watch a movie rather than interacting with their teacher.) Much of the staff attitudes here makes you feel the need to be defensive, they talk to you like you are a kid. The nicest person I've come across is the receptionist at check-in. No uniforms for students, and a really laid back dress code for the staff...I mean REALLY laid back. Hope things will get better, but right now, my child doesn't want to go to school, ASP, or any of the "fun" PTA scheduled events. (A COMPLETE 360 degree change from last year's school.) =(

Posted June 25, 2014

This is the principal of Mableton Elementary and would like to say thank you to those that have added wonderful things to say about the school that we love so much. I was told that if I wanted to lift my spirits that I should read the postings. I can only account that the staff is nothing less than amazing. The time and individual love that they put into making sure they make that difference for each individual is to be commended. It is an amazing school with incredible students who to do their best and parents that are supportive. Kudos to the students and teachers that showed that we could hang with the best in the county/state with our fifth grade writing scores. Let's not forget that third grade that rocked the CRCT with 99% passing their reading. Hats off to the passionate staff who pushed the envelop to become 100% STEM trained. You deserve a standing ovation for being the kind of educators that continue to better their trade to make learning more hands on for our students. Engaged parents, Empowered students and staff = a score of Excellence in my book. I love and am proud of my Mableton family! Thank you to all who share the same pride and believe! Xox
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 18, 2014

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by this school. My children were both in private school last year. The staff has helped to make the transition easier for my children. I was so worried that they would not get a top-notch education, my kids love their school. I hope that next year, we will have another set of great teachers. Give this school a chance, it might be better that you think.

Posted October 25, 2013

Our school is excellent! Each year we strive to provide a more challenging, nurturing, and engaging environment for our students! We are currently striving for state STEM certification. By November, 2013 100% of our staff will have specialized STEM training and our students attend a STEM lab during their specials rotation. We have already been awarded $31,000 for our STEM initiative in this school year alone!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 24, 2013

Principal has high expectations and the teachers meet them. The school is trying to become STEM certified. New facilities are nice. Highly recommend.

Posted May 6, 2013

My Daughter is graduating from MES, she has been at this school since 2nd grade and I will say I am in love with this school. My Daughters biggest fear is feeling like she is forgettable but ever single last one of her past Teachers still Hug her and call her by name to say Hi to her in the Hall, when Teachers see me at school events the Teachers stop and talk as if my child is still in that class. The Principal is so understanding and patient and the kids love her. The School activities are amazing with a great parent involvement and the turn outs are amazing. Every year I write to the school board about how great MES is doing. I am so sad to see my Daughter leave but I know MES has set her up for success and if she ever needs an ear then she can go to anyone of her past Teachers for that extra love.

Posted June 7, 2012

i think that mableton is a great school to go to do to all the effort that goes in to the students education i also think that the prinicipal there also has a passion for learning and i hope that she is principal there for many more years to come.

Posted April 16, 2012

Mableton is a great school with an awesome principal who is very driven to see the kids succeed. She is also very forward thinking and open to trying new things that work. The teachers that I have experienced have been great as well. It's almost the end of the school year and they have never not sent home weekly communication about what the students have done and will be doing the upcoming week. Also, the diversity at the school is great as well. I have had experience in private schools as well, and can honestly say that the education my kids are receiving at MES is on par on better than what I have seen in some private schools. The final thing I will say is that there are several after school and enrichment activities, in general, available to the students. Perhaps one area of improvement would be to offer more enrichment for the younger grade levels (k-2nd). All in all, I woul ddefinitely recommend MES to other parents.

Posted April 13, 2012

I went to Mableton last year and let me tell you, it is a great school! The teachers are super nice, and so is the office staff, including the principle and vice principle! If you are looking for an elementary school in the Mableton area, you should definitely choose Mableton. Not only does Mableton have an amazing staff, they will give your child an amazing education! If you are looking for a great school, stop here because it is the perfect choice!

Posted October 11, 2011

I would like to say that I am very pleased with Mableton Elementary. This is my childs first year at this school, she loves it. They have an excellent afterschool program that offers plenty of fun educated activities for the children. I would like to thank the staff of Mableton Elementary for do such an Excellent job.......:)

Posted May 4, 2011

this was a great school for my child to attend. the teachers were super nice. she has been there from 1st to 5th and she has loved every minute.

Posted January 13, 2011

MES is a great school. The school has made great academic gains over the past few years. Staff, students and parents all work together to create a great environment for everyone. The principal is extremely passionate about all the children. She has their best interest at heart as do all the staff. Everyone works together to make the student their first priority. Learning is fun at MES!

Posted January 13, 2011

This is our third year at MES and we have been nothing but pleased. The principal and staff express a genuine interest in the well being of each and every student which is hard to find at any school these days. The parent involvement is outstanding and continues to grow. MES has a great future ahead and we're excited to be a part of it.

Posted December 22, 2010

I attended this school from kindergarten all the way to fifth grade. I am in sixth grade now. Overall I feel as though this school was okay. My third grade teacher was awesome so was my fifth grade teacher. I miss this school now that I am in the sixth grade. The principal was nice and fun, and I loved her. I have nothing but good things to say about this school, except I would reccomend that some teachers watch what they do and SAY especially. Kids come back and tell their parents everything. That's all I am going to say for now.

Posted December 2, 2010

I have 2 students that just started mableton....so I'm still feeling around, but so far so good.... I agree with previous reviews on the principle...being new at the school.... I would have liked to be better introduced to the principle of the school.... I dont know we'll see.

Posted October 6, 2010

I have been very dissatisfied with the lack of student support at Mableton. My son has been there for 3 years, and 2 of his teachers have seemed very "tired" and unmotivated to think outside the box when it comes to educating students who need a little extra help. The principal is unaccessible, and her correspondence with me has been consistently poor. While I recognize a greatschool.com score of 7 out of 10 as better than average, I am also disappointed that the administrators at the school do not see that there is still a long road ahead of becoming a truly great school on the same level as the top elementary schools in our state. Accepting our score as simply "better than other schools in our area" is not the motivational attitude I expect from my child's educators. I hope parents will hold these educators accountable to the highest degree.

Posted April 7, 2010

My son is in second grade and this is his first year at Mableton. Overall I like the school and his teacher. I had to reach out to her when I notice he was having problems with math. Every since, she has been directly contacting me whenever an issue surface. I would like to see more homework and extracurricular activites for the lst and 2nd graders.

Posted March 24, 2010

We have been very happy with MES. I only wish more schools in the county offered foreign language.

Posted October 28, 2009

Our 2 children attend Mableton Elementary, where everyone is very helpful. Mrs. Kym Eisgruber, the Principal has done many changes to improve everything at MES. Students are encouraged in a very positive way to do better in any subject. PTA is also a big piece in the puzzle. We are like a big family. Mableton Elementary is a great school.

Posted April 24, 2009

We are very happy with our first year at Mableton Elementary!!! We have a great first year.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

55 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Kym Yoriko Eisgruber
Fax number
  • (770) 819-2515

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5220 Church St SW