Bad
Good

It's okay. I guess I should expect it to be just okay for a public school, although the last public school of similar size was superb. This is our first year at Mableton Elementary. Open house was a disaster and my high hopes for this school began to go downhill from there. (Open house was a 30-40 minute powerpoint presentation of what's expected from the student, but the student isn't in the classroom to hear of the expectations. Students are sent off to watch a movie rather than interacting with their teacher.) Much of the staff attitudes here makes you feel the need to be defensive, they talk to you like you are a kid. The nicest person I've come across is the receptionist at check-in. No uniforms for students, and a really laid back dress code for the staff...I mean REALLY laid back. Hope things will get better, but right now, my child doesn't want to go to school, ASP, or any of the "fun" PTA scheduled events. (A COMPLETE 360 degree change from last year's school.) =(

This is the principal of Mableton Elementary and would like to say thank you to those that have added wonderful things to say about the school that we love so much. I was told that if I wanted to lift my spirits that I should read the postings. I can only account that the staff is nothing less than amazing. The time and individual love that they put into making sure they make that difference for each individual is to be commended. It is an amazing school with incredible students who to do their best and parents that are supportive. Kudos to the students and teachers that showed that we could hang with the best in the county/state with our fifth grade writing scores. Let's not forget that third grade that rocked the CRCT with 99% passing their reading. Hats off to the passionate staff who pushed the envelop to become 100% STEM trained. You deserve a standing ovation for being the kind of educators that continue to better their trade to make learning more hands on for our students. Engaged parents, Empowered students and staff = a score of Excellence in my book. I love and am proud of my Mableton family! Thank you to all who share the same pride and believe! Xox

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by this school. My children were both in private school last year. The staff has helped to make the transition easier for my children. I was so worried that they would not get a top-notch education, my kids love their school. I hope that next year, we will have another set of great teachers. Give this school a chance, it might be better that you think.

Our school is excellent! Each year we strive to provide a more challenging, nurturing, and engaging environment for our students! We are currently striving for state STEM certification. By November, 2013 100% of our staff will have specialized STEM training and our students attend a STEM lab during their specials rotation. We have already been awarded $31,000 for our STEM initiative in this school year alone!

Principal has high expectations and the teachers meet them. The school is trying to become STEM certified. New facilities are nice. Highly recommend.

My Daughter is graduating from MES, she has been at this school since 2nd grade and I will say I am in love with this school. My Daughters biggest fear is feeling like she is forgettable but ever single last one of her past Teachers still Hug her and call her by name to say Hi to her in the Hall, when Teachers see me at school events the Teachers stop and talk as if my child is still in that class. The Principal is so understanding and patient and the kids love her. The School activities are amazing with a great parent involvement and the turn outs are amazing. Every year I write to the school board about how great MES is doing. I am so sad to see my Daughter leave but I know MES has set her up for success and if she ever needs an ear then she can go to anyone of her past Teachers for that extra love.

i think that mableton is a great school to go to do to all the effort that goes in to the students education i also think that the prinicipal there also has a passion for learning and i hope that she is principal there for many more years to come.

Mableton is a great school with an awesome principal who is very driven to see the kids succeed. She is also very forward thinking and open to trying new things that work. The teachers that I have experienced have been great as well. It's almost the end of the school year and they have never not sent home weekly communication about what the students have done and will be doing the upcoming week. Also, the diversity at the school is great as well. I have had experience in private schools as well, and can honestly say that the education my kids are receiving at MES is on par on better than what I have seen in some private schools. The final thing I will say is that there are several after school and enrichment activities, in general, available to the students. Perhaps one area of improvement would be to offer more enrichment for the younger grade levels (k-2nd). All in all, I woul ddefinitely recommend MES to other parents.

I went to Mableton last year and let me tell you, it is a great school! The teachers are super nice, and so is the office staff, including the principle and vice principle! If you are looking for an elementary school in the Mableton area, you should definitely choose Mableton. Not only does Mableton have an amazing staff, they will give your child an amazing education! If you are looking for a great school, stop here because it is the perfect choice!

I would like to say that I am very pleased with Mableton Elementary. This is my childs first year at this school, she loves it. They have an excellent afterschool program that offers plenty of fun educated activities for the children. I would like to thank the staff of Mableton Elementary for do such an Excellent job.......:)

Last modified Mableton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5