Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 26, 2016
You only have handful of teachers that treat your kids as if they matter. I've never seen such a disrepectful, unprofessional school. My child was bullied and tried to abide by the school rules, informed a teacher and the teacher abide by the school rules and informed the situation. I was told that I would receive a call the next morning and no one called, I waited the entire day. In my mind I decide to go to the school just to find out that my child was picked out for a fight over this situation and no one bothered to inform me. My child got suspended from the school for defending herself when the school wouldn't. When I suggested that we reach out to the parents and inform of the situation and maybe have a meeting I was answered "We cannot twist a parents arm". The suggestion was never attempted I then had a meeting with the principal only to have her dosing off right in front of my face and dismiss what I had told her about the unprofessional answer that was given to me when I made a suggestion.... This school has failed my child, I wanted to get my child transferred to another school but because of the timing left this year I didn't want her to have to do catch up at another school and affect her grades. I have rented a home to a better district and rented out my house that I own.... This is a terrible school with a terrible leader. This school should truly get investigated.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 26, 2016
There's very few teachers but Mrs. Allen is a charm she belongs in a better school than this. She cares deeply for those kids and knows how to open them up when in need

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
The school has failed my child and many others. They will not abide by rules but only what's beneficial to them

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
Not a care for the students but only for their ratings. They want people to believe that this school is advancing but it's not

Posted May 10, 2015
I truly hate this school I've only been here for 3 months and hate it they give referros for small things like talking they say for insubordination u get 5 or 3 days for that I don't otherwise that your children should go here its not a really good school the teachers are lame and the students are fake and un friendly and disrespect othere schools when there the lowest

Floyd Middle School 5

Posted February 23, 2015
My three children attend (or have attended) Floyd Middle School. Floyd's environment is nurturing and academically demanding, but supportive. Most of the teachers are first rate and children are their priority. I had the opportunity to visit the 8th grade Career Fair (a yearly event?) in the library. This library is very different from my school library. All three of my children have spoken of lessons taught by the librarian for different subjects. The school uses some technology though I would wish them to use more. The building seems to be well kept.

Floyd Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2015
This is my son's first year at Floyd Middle School (2014-15) and I feel that they have done a FANTASTIC job of keeping my son on task. The teachers appear to really care and motivate the students. They faculty has been getting the children ready for the Georgia Mile Stone test (which replaced the CRCT's). Even with these changes and new learning techniques, my son remains to be an A/B student. This bus pick-up/drop-off consistently on time. The school's cleanliness has definitely improved. They have even added a program for the boy's entitled, "Young Men of Distinction"; which will allow a small group of selected boys to become authors. I can honestly say that Floyd MS has really impressed me with their academics, teaching styles, structure and overall appearance. Like any school, there are some things that they can continue to work on; which I believe they are. However, I rated them Above Average (4 stars) because I believe that they have improved significantly; however, there is still room for improvement.

Floyd Middle School 3

Posted June 29, 2014
I went to Floyd middle school from my 6-8 grade years and it was just OK. The students tend to be kind of wild and get on teacher's nerves. The food is also not so great either. BUT there are some great after school activities ( Art club for 8 graders is beast!) This school could improve by learning how to cook cafeteria food to the right temperature. Overall an average school.

Posted May 04, 2014
I attended Floyd Middle School from 6-8th grade. My education was terrible. At first, I was placed in NO accelerated classes. All general ed. classes are dumbed down and extremely boring. The accelerated classes are what I envision as a regular class should be. There are NO academic extracurricular activities. For example, Floyd NEVER participated in Science or Math olympiads, and floyd does not have any academic clubs. Also, most (If not all) programs at floyd are about behavior, not about academics. Behavior and bad teachers will really get in your way at Floyd. The social studies teachers (in my time) have been great up to 8th grade. 8th grade social studies was terrible. We are still learning THE DAY BEFORE THE CRCT! I do NOT recommend floyd if you have a choice.

Floyd Middle School 4

Posted February 13, 2014
Floyd Middle School... I attended Floyd. I had a great experience there...with a lot of great memories I often wish I could relive. Like any other school there are pros and cons, but overall Floyd is a great school. I had amazing teachers that were passionate about what they do, and teachers that weren't. It's obvious that the administration is working hard to keep this school going in the right direction. I had a great experience at Floyd, I just wish I would have been happier with myself while I was there.... I wish I didn't care so much about what others thought about me, then maybe I would have been able to enjoy myself even more.

4803 Floyd Rd Sw, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Floyd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.