Posted June 29, 2014
I went to Floyd middle school from my 6-8 grade years and it was just OK. The students tend to be kind of wild and get on teacher's nerves. The food is also not so great either. BUT there are some great after school activities ( Art club for 8 graders is beast!) This school could improve by learning how to cook cafeteria food to the right temperature. Overall an average school.

Floyd Middle School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
I attended Floyd Middle School from 6-8th grade. My education was terrible. At first, I was placed in NO accelerated classes. All general ed. classes are dumbed down and extremely boring. The accelerated classes are what I envision as a regular class should be. There are NO academic extracurricular activities. For example, Floyd NEVER participated in Science or Math olympiads, and floyd does not have any academic clubs. Also, most (If not all) programs at floyd are about behavior, not about academics. Behavior and bad teachers will really get in your way at Floyd. The social studies teachers (in my time) have been great up to 8th grade. 8th grade social studies was terrible. We are still learning THE DAY BEFORE THE CRCT! I do NOT recommend floyd if you have a choice.

Floyd Middle School 4

Posted February 13, 2014
Floyd Middle School... I attended Floyd. I had a great experience there...with a lot of great memories I often wish I could relive. Like any other school there are pros and cons, but overall Floyd is a great school. I had amazing teachers that were passionate about what they do, and teachers that weren't. It's obvious that the administration is working hard to keep this school going in the right direction. I had a great experience at Floyd, I just wish I would have been happier with myself while I was there.... I wish I didn't care so much about what others thought about me, then maybe I would have been able to enjoy myself even more.

Posted January 06, 2014
most fun years ive had in my life, period. and the uniforms are never enforced, so dont worry about that

Posted January 16, 2013
Part 2 of prev. post I was then connected with someone helping to pick up the mess.She seemed empathetic to my concerns; geniuinely felt my pain.My son has always been A or A/B student.Now we were looking at a F. As other assignments were added it went to a C.This final assignment we found had been turned in wks prior.Witnesses saw him! It was returned to him next day.I hand delivered original to principal who gave it to this person doing the grades.I commend her effort to fix it,but she insisited he never handed it in.She explained the original teacher's marking system was always consistent.One answer in purple ink,so she concluded it would have been marked incomplete IF handed in.I asked him (should have been done at school that day),he said a friend grabbed his work in class & wrote one answer in purple.The paper was in the folder the whole time completed,handed in weeks earlier but now it's documented a Z.based on assumption he never turned it in.He ended up with a 79.ONE point from a B!They insist our kids ask for help,be accountable.He did so. Problem: Not 1 teacher asked him or was accountable.Noone acknowledged misplaced work.In the chaos,sadly, kids were graded unfairly.

Floyd Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
If you have a student that is an IEP student, and the child have emtional behavior problems please watch out. They will have that child a bad record. They don't talk to you till the child is really out of control. So watch floyd middle for disability kids.

Posted July 17, 2012
Before I went to Floyd me and my family thought it was a bad school. Only beacause they were hearing it from people at work. I was originally supposed to go to Campbell middle school except I wanted to try Floyd out first. Basically the only thing I didn't like about Floyd was uniforms and it's like the principal thought that would change the behavior of the kids at school. Well she didn't do a very good job of that but watever. But every single is not perfect and I'd that we're true we would all be very very smart. But if you are zoned to go Floyd and you want a good, decent quality education and a discipline check then Floyd is a great choice! I have attended Floyd for three whole years and received a quality education in academics and music. I am proud to always and forever be a Floyd panther

Posted April 13, 2012
This is my first year at Floyd and I like it. I am in 6th grade and my teachers are super nice, as long as you don't get on their bad side! You will get a quality education at Floyd I assure you!

Posted May 16, 2011
This school includes a vast array of many excellent teachers and other members of the faculty. However, most of the school's downfall is due to the students, many of which do not even fully attend a fourth of the year.

Floyd Middle School 2

Posted January 28, 2011
Floyd Middle School is rising from the ashes of failure. But there are some weak spots. On Fridays Floyd is very confusing w. them staying in homeroom for a whole 30 mins. Which I say is very disruptive they should just have a day in one of the classes to do it instead of that. With the cafeteria food is okay but they really should get better food or a variety. Maybe hot wings, Something that the children will love. Teachers, need to be more disciplined, but the administrators are very nice && welcoming. With the issue of stuff going missing is a big problem. Somebody stole my daughters Iphone right out of her purse. & they dont have camera so they couldnt find who did it. They should have more clubs, && less running around asking for money stuff. Also they have to save money, so they do awards ceremonies in the middle of a work days. && my daughter said she dosent get a snack if the parent isn't there. What in the world does that make since. So I would say be careful at a school called Floyd, because they are just rising from the ashes of disgusting failure,

Floyd Middle School
4803 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Floyd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top