Mableton, GA
Students enrolled: 1,098

Floyd Middle School 1

Posted May 10, 2015
I truly hate this school I've only been here for 3 months and hate it they give referros for small things like talking they say for insubordination u get 5 or 3 days for that I don't otherwise that your children should go here its not a really good school the teachers are lame and the students are fake and un friendly and disrespect othere schools when there the lowest

Posted February 23, 2015
My three children attend (or have attended) Floyd Middle School. Floyd's environment is nurturing and academically demanding, but supportive. Most of the teachers are first rate and children are their priority. I had the opportunity to visit the 8th grade Career Fair (a yearly event?) in the library. This library is very different from my school library. All three of my children have spoken of lessons taught by the librarian for different subjects. The school uses some technology though I would wish them to use more. The building seems to be well kept.

Floyd Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2015
This is my son's first year at Floyd Middle School (2014-15) and I feel that they have done a FANTASTIC job of keeping my son on task. The teachers appear to really care and motivate the students. They faculty has been getting the children ready for the Georgia Mile Stone test (which replaced the CRCT's). Even with these changes and new learning techniques, my son remains to be an A/B student. This bus pick-up/drop-off consistently on time. The school's cleanliness has definitely improved. They have even added a program for the boy's entitled, "Young Men of Distinction"; which will allow a small group of selected boys to become authors. I can honestly say that Floyd MS has really impressed me with their academics, teaching styles, structure and overall appearance. Like any school, there are some things that they can continue to work on; which I believe they are. However, I rated them Above Average (4 stars) because I believe that they have improved significantly; however, there is still room for improvement.
2 people found this helpful

Floyd Middle School 3

Posted June 29, 2014
I went to Floyd middle school from my 6-8 grade years and it was just OK. The students tend to be kind of wild and get on teacher's nerves. The food is also not so great either. BUT there are some great after school activities ( Art club for 8 graders is beast!) This school could improve by learning how to cook cafeteria food to the right temperature. Overall an average school.

Floyd Middle School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
I attended Floyd Middle School from 6-8th grade. My education was terrible. At first, I was placed in NO accelerated classes. All general ed. classes are dumbed down and extremely boring. The accelerated classes are what I envision as a regular class should be. There are NO academic extracurricular activities. For example, Floyd NEVER participated in Science or Math olympiads, and floyd does not have any academic clubs. Also, most (If not all) programs at floyd are about behavior, not about academics. Behavior and bad teachers will really get in your way at Floyd. The social studies teachers (in my time) have been great up to 8th grade. 8th grade social studies was terrible. We are still learning THE DAY BEFORE THE CRCT! I do NOT recommend floyd if you have a choice.

Floyd Middle School 4

Posted February 13, 2014
Floyd Middle School... I attended Floyd. I had a great experience there...with a lot of great memories I often wish I could relive. Like any other school there are pros and cons, but overall Floyd is a great school. I had amazing teachers that were passionate about what they do, and teachers that weren't. It's obvious that the administration is working hard to keep this school going in the right direction. I had a great experience at Floyd, I just wish I would have been happier with myself while I was there.... I wish I didn't care so much about what others thought about me, then maybe I would have been able to enjoy myself even more.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2014
most fun years ive had in my life, period. and the uniforms are never enforced, so dont worry about that

Posted January 31, 2013
i love this school. this school is the best. its so cool for my child or children.

Floyd Middle School 3

Posted January 16, 2013
Part 2 of prev. post I was then connected with someone helping to pick up the mess.She seemed empathetic to my concerns; geniuinely felt my pain.My son has always been A or A/B student.Now we were looking at a F. As other assignments were added it went to a C.This final assignment we found had been turned in wks prior.Witnesses saw him! It was returned to him next day.I hand delivered original to principal who gave it to this person doing the grades.I commend her effort to fix it,but she insisited he never handed it in.She explained the original teacher's marking system was always consistent.One answer in purple ink,so she concluded it would have been marked incomplete IF handed in.I asked him (should have been done at school that day),he said a friend grabbed his work in class & wrote one answer in purple.The paper was in the folder the whole time completed,handed in weeks earlier but now it's documented a Z.based on assumption he never turned it in.He ended up with a 79.ONE point from a B!They insist our kids ask for help,be accountable.He did so. Problem: Not 1 teacher asked him or was accountable.Noone acknowledged misplaced work.In the chaos,sadly, kids were graded unfairly.

Floyd Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
If you have a student that is an IEP student, and the child have emtional behavior problems please watch out. They will have that child a bad record. They don't talk to you till the child is really out of control. So watch floyd middle for disability kids.

Floyd Middle School
4803 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Floyd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top