Pebblebrook High School

Public | 9-12 | 2003 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 12, 2014

This school is very poor, have horrible teachers, most are nice but the rest are rude and can not teach to save their life's, some complain about being a teacher even though they chose to be on, the food is nasty and unhealthy, the students doesn't have any help when they don't have any clue what's going on, and the classes an hallways are very dirty, infested with roaches and the school don't have "any time" to call an exterminator. Never send your child here if you care for them

Posted May 23, 2013

It is sad this school is even still running! I am glad to say we won't have to deal with Jerica Creswell or any of their other rude teachers or staff! This is NOT a place to send your children unless you want them to be surrounded by unprofessional, rude and sadly IGNORANT people. The staff is even rude to each other and Parents! It seems they forget this is what they are PAID to do and seem to think they are doing this on THEIR time. I hope you never have to deal with Jerica Creswell, She will certainly show you how "LOW" Pebblebrook has sank. Not to mention she is ridiculously rude to the students and seems to think she don't have time to "DEAL" with them. Pathetic school with pathetic staff-save your children's future and send them somewhere else, it is worth the extra gas and time!

Posted January 9, 2013

As a parent, I have always been concerned about my daughters education and the enviroment on which she is learning because that makes a massive difference. We as parents need to be involved with our school system. At first glance this school was presented as a great school with amazing teachers and enviroment, however this is far from the case. The director over the PA program Mr. Timmerman is rude and very unapproachable with a poor attitude. The teachers some ok, some not. My daughter went for tutoring for math for several weeks. The math teacher would make it seem as though she was eager to help while i was present, but according to my daughter and her grade in this class, the teacher would get frustrated and say, why don't you understand! Her class was given a math project with vague directions and when my daughter went one morning for help, the teacher became frustrated. I explained to her that we both looked on youtube and could not find certain directions on the project and I said furthermore, how do you give a student a project and tell them to look on youtube for directions? The students all seem to angry instead of inspired. This i not a great school in any way.

Posted March 25, 2012

I am a performing arts student here at pebblebrook, and I have to say that the Performing Arts teachers and the honors and AP teachers know what they are doing. I don't know so much about the on-level teachers, as I have none, but the people who say it's a bad school clearly just need to reassess what they want in a school. The Performing Arts program motivates you to maintain a high grade point average so that you can stay in the program. There was only one fight this year, so it's really mellow. This is a great program, and If you are going to be a freshman next year like I am now, I would definitely consider this school along with the other magnet programs.

Posted September 27, 2010

Today was a listen on how bad we as parents need to be involved with our school system. I attended class with my child today and it was sad. The teacher seem to have no control of the students, it was loud. While preparing for a RETAKE of a test, majority of the students had previously failed, the teacher basically wrote on the board and gave the answers for them. I didnt not see her call on anyone for answers or ask if there were questions. The students all seem to be lost or just guessing what the answer may be. While the students were taking the test, most them kept raising their hands asking questions about the problems on the test. There was even a girl in the class who had passed the first two parts of the test but refused to retake the 3rd part b/c she didnt understand

Posted January 24, 2010

I am a 2007 graduate of Pebblebrook High School.... it frustrates me when people criticize and downplay all the opprotunities available at Pebblebrook High School. With everything, there are pros and cons, but in the case of PHS the good outweighs the bad. In my opinion, Pebblebrook is lacking in is parent involvment. So many parents would rather send there children to other schools in the district than become more active in their child's life. Schools like Lassiter and Wheeler are only different in the way that they handle adversity. Its hard for the students to be enthusiastic and actively involved in school if they are not pushed in their home.

Posted August 31, 2009

I am currently a sophomore at Pebblebrook. I am in the performing arts program, also. This school has improved mejorly from what it used to be not only with it's acedemics and students but also teachers and many other things. Our new principal is really an addition to our shcool. she's strict and things here have never been better. A lot of other schools look at pebblebrook as the 'poor and lame' school. However, we are working towards setting a better image for ourselves. Our new principal is doing a good job in trying to raise student spirit. And what can our teachers do when the students are the ones not trying? Our performing arts program is amazing, with the exception of a few privacy invading rules (which my parents love). However, our sports department is lacking in variation and talent. (But we did just win our first game).

Posted July 26, 2009

My daughter goes here and I do not like it. The moral is low and the students are not motivated to succeed. The extracurricular activities leave a lot to be desired as well as the staff. Bottom line, I am not impressed.

Posted June 21, 2009

This school is amazing has great programs to keep kids out ogf trouble amazing food and awesome teachers and staff!

Posted June 19, 2009

I just graduated from Pebblebrook this last May (class of 2009). I had the opportunity to attend PHS for almost four years, and i can say the school has made an extremly huge change! five years ago it was the worst school of cobb county! and they might not be the best now, but i am 100% sure they have impprove in every single little way you want to look at it. Now, PHS is not only recognized for its PA program, but for its academic levels and sports too! Some teacher left, but some more came. Ms. Montgomery (principal) i think she has given all she has to help pebblebrook succed and bring up its reputation. The addministration is excellent now, and the students are very diverse and have learned how to respect and be part of their school. The words 'School Spirit' actually form part of Pebblebrook's vocabulary now!The-BROOK-is-BACK!!

Posted June 10, 2009

I am a recent alumni of PHS and I loved it. The majority of the teachers genuinely care about their students. The CCCEPA program is one of the best performing arts programs in the nation. PA parents are HIGHLY involved in their student's activities, and the students have a lot of school spirit. I think Pebblebrook is continually growing and improving, and I can not wait to visit to see how things improve in the years to come.

Posted October 23, 2008

I moved my daughter from a school in Douglas county where they said the education was better, but Cobb schools are terrific. My daughter is always pushed to exceed. The teachers notify of any changes. She loves the ROTC program there she has gotten more into volunteering because of it. She is not just making the grade she is actually having to work for it, so I know that she is learning. Love this school!

Posted October 12, 2008

Pebblebrook is an amazing school!! Im am a currently attending PHS and am in the PA program!! I encourage anyone who would like a cereer in PA to audition for this school. I am sooo excited to be attending PHS and its has been my dream to since 6th grade. The audition to get in is not as scary as others make it out to be. It will go great if you go in prepared and perform well. It might also be hard to get your parents to agree for yu to audition but never give up. I spent 2 and a half years convincing my parents to let me attend even though they did not want me to go to a school so far away thats not the best when it comes to discipline. my parents eventually caved in so never give up and be ready to work hard!!

Posted October 14, 2007

I am a student at pebblebrook and honestly I think that pebblebrook is a good school. It has progressed alot from recent years going through new constuction and improvements. The teachers are great and caring and the administration staff is executing drastic disiplinary measures to prevent school fights.

Posted November 3, 2005

I am a freshman at pebblebrook and i can honestly say that it is a very good school. The teachers at pebblebrook are very good; they actually care about the student. Teachers at pebblebrook try really hard to see students succeed such as my favorite teacher Mr.Craig Denison he is hands on and will work with you until ou get it. I'll actually be withdrawing from the school tomorrow(sad to say) due toreasons at home but I promised myself I will be back my sophmore year. The new Principal Ms.Regina Montgomery is very good; she really has made a difference at the school. Class of 2009!

Posted October 7, 2005

I feel that pebblebrook is a excellent school. Pebblebrook offers alot and I recommend it to anyone.

Posted August 31, 2005

I'm one of the parents that took my child out of this school,she is now at Lassister High and she really loves the fact that the school don't have to worry as much about fights(0 last year),clothes issues(next they won't be able to show their neck). it's sad that in 2005 we as a people is keeping our children so far behind the rest of the WORLD for such petty things-Good luck to you all, but I already fought this fight long time ago. Hopefully the new principal will change things around M.Williams

Posted August 12, 2005

My daughter entered the Performing Arts program since the 9th grade and she had quit in her 11th grade because the program caters more to caucasion students. Take a look at the demographics the school is predominantly Black and the few caucasions are attending for the performing Arts. The new Principal a native of S.C. prayerfully will make a difference because there is a negative stigma on the school at Large with the exception of the Performing Arts and Sports. The Performing Arts need to get more Black Plays so that Black Students have a fair chance during auditions. The staff that work near the counselor offices are rude and disrespectful and I had difficulty communicating with some of the teachers because they would not return calls. They have failed to meet standards and students are offerred to go to Lassiter or Sprayberry. This is so scary!!!

Posted May 7, 2005

I have 2 kids in the school and I have no complaints with it. A few problems with unruly students here and there but they are quick to get rid of them. The Principal seems a bit withdrawn but the Vice Principals and counselors are excellent. My son is in ROTC and my daughter is in several things including orchestra. They have many extra cirricular activites there and some great teachers including Mr Sager who is a recognized national expert is his field. My biggest gripe with the school is the bus where there is often trouble and a lack of discipline. The school is fine for your kids but if you can, drive them to school.

Posted May 4, 2005

Hello. My name is Shaunika T. I think Pebblebrook is a very good school.I graduated in 2004. It was my best year. Everyone offered a helping hand to get me in college.During my years at Pebblebrook I did and join almost most everything your average female would not join. I played golf for 3 yrs , drum section 2yrs, colorguard/dance team 1yr, FCCLA 4 yrs,21st Century Leaders of America 4yrs, Who's Who 4yrs, National Honor Roll 4 yrs, Spainsh Club 1yr, and i also enjoyed help with the after school programs at the elementary schools near pebblebrook. I would encourage any one who want to have anything to do with PA go to pebblebrook. They have some of the best teachers in the Spainsh Department.(Mrs. Geano) and in all Departments. More parents sould be involved in the school and not just in the sports.PHS is the Best Cobb County High School.
—Submitted by a former student

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

250 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

237 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

249 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

249 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

344 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

360 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

238 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

361 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

470 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

223 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

226 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

286 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
Tutor(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Nurse(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • School psychologist
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Assistant principal(s)
  • Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Tutor(s)

Music
  • Band
  • Vocal lessons / coaching
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

991 Old Alabama Rd SW