Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted July 22, 2016
My son’s first year in HLES Kindergarten was a great experience. Under the leadership of phenomenal staff and teachers, the 2015-2016 school year proved to be one of commitment, determination, and academic excellence. I will never forget during our meet and greet; his classroom teachers promised us that he would read before the end of the school year, and we promised them, our full support - regardless of the assignment, project, classroom interests, or behavior concerns. Today, he is reading on a second-grade level. I believe HLES is a great school. True, due to the age of the school and numerous environmental issues, there is no question that we are in desperate need of a new school. But, I also trust that the principal and school board representative are committed to keeping a clean, quiet, safe, comfortable, and healthy environment. And, I also hope that the school board will see that HLES is a great school and hears our cry that we deserve to thrive in a new school that fosters an environment for successful teaching and learning. In the meantime, as a parent, I know that keeping students engaged on the right path at HLES are about more than test scores. It's about helping our children build an attitude that geared for success. It's about transforming our school from doorways to opportunity into gateways of education, enrichment, and empowerment. And, I plan to do my part to ensure my son succeeds and have the best academic experience that HLES can offer. Looking forward to another successful school year ...

Posted October 02, 2015
I loved this school. The teachers always went above and beyond for my two children.

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2014
We just relocated to Mableton and are excited for our children to be attending Harmony Leland. The administration and staff are extremely friendly and loving toward the students. The school has been recognized as a Distinguished Title I school for multiple years based on student achievement. I love the diversity of the school as well. Mrs. Brown in the main office is amazing!

Posted February 08, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten and this is our first school experience. It is a great experience for me and my child. We love her teacher (Ms Williams) and the staff here at the school. I've witnessed the superior learning experience that the children receive and it's a refreshing feeling to watch the kids grow and excel with the help and support of the teachers, tutors, mentors and guidance. I'm extremely happy we chose to enroll our daughter at HLES. The PTA team is awesome and supportive. I commend the Principal and Assistant Principal for all that they do and commit to seeing that out children are provided the best opportunity to learn.

Posted February 06, 2014
HLES is a wonderful school where my 1st grader and 3rd grader are thriving academically. The teachers and administration are well qualified and supported by a growing community of parents, church and civic groups as well as local businesses. There are many great clubs and extra curricular activities for the students to explore and learn beyond the classroom setting. The PTA is active and encourages families to participate through their blog and Facebook pages. The school building might be old but it's the environment of engaging learning that allows parents like me to look beyond the physical building and focus on the great things happening inside. HLES is an excellent public school option in Mableton!

Posted February 06, 2014
My son has attended Harmony Leland Elementary School since the 1st grade; he's now in the 5th grade. The school building may not look good but the love and dedication that you find inside the building is astounding. The school continues to have year over year improvements on the CRCT test. The school encourages parent involvement through the PTA. They have a variety of clubs including the Jr. Beta Club, LM SMART (Lockheed Martin Science, Math, and Research Technology), Science Club, and the Chess Club. The principal and assistant principal sincerely care about the kids and want them to succeed. I love this school!!!

Posted February 04, 2014
My children have been going to HLES since my oldest started school and this is her last year before middle school. We have never had a teacher who wasn't loving, caring or wasn't amazing towards each student at the school. I am very involved at the school and have never heard or seen a teacher or another staff member be mean or rude to any child. We love HLES and all of the amazing loving teachers am staff members at the school. HLES is one of the big reason we Haven't moved out of the area!!

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is terrible, I placed my son there for 2 weeks at the beginning of the 2013-14 school year. I was told by the counselor Ms.Shepherd that they couldn't do anything with my son who was in 2nd grade. They said they would have to move him back to first grade and it would be good and should fit his personality better. The teachers/staff are mean to the students, unless your child is accustomed to people handling them mean and rudely they will not adapt here. It's ashame tax payers in this school district cannot get anything for the taxes we pay. We can't get descent teachers to care for an teach our beautiful children. Cobb County shame on you for allowing these people to represent this side of Cobb. The school definitely need friendly, loving and kind teachers. First you need to get the child to love you before you can teach. My son is excelling in private school now because he loves his teacher and he loves learning. I speak for a good bit of this district who are zoned for this school in saying this school is not a place you would put your child for nurture and growth.

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2014
This school has been around for a long time. I would like to bring to your attention, that my daughter has had head lice three times in the past past two months. Could you please advise the staff members an Parnets of this problem. It will not go away by itself. Head lice can run into money yes i know this.I am asking that you please help these children get rid of this problem. iI will call the board of education if i have to. I hope that i dont have to do this . so i am asking you to please check into this you can reach me at 404-408-6883 Thank you Patricia

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2013
My child is attending this school for 3 years and its been a wounderfull experience so far. We came from the private school and our concerns flew away very quickly. The teachers are profetional, caring and involved. The principal and her assistant where attentive to any request and concern we had. I love this school and hope it will go higher in the rate cause its worth more!!

Harmony-Leland Elementary School
5891 Dodgen Rd Sw, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Harmony-Leland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.