Mableton, GA

Posted October 17, 2014
This school is an older school building and does not have all the "bells and whistles" that a lot of the newer campuses have, but the teachers and administration are dedicated and teaching top-notch practices every day! We have had amazing teachers that challenge high-level students and help students that need more assistance catch up to be on grade-level in all areas.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 16, 2014
We just relocated to Mableton and are excited for our children to be attending Harmony Leland. The administration and staff are extremely friendly and loving toward the students. The school has been recognized as a Distinguished Title I school for multiple years based on student achievement. I love the diversity of the school as well. Mrs. Brown in the main office is amazing!

Posted February 08, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten and this is our first school experience. It is a great experience for me and my child. We love her teacher (Ms Williams) and the staff here at the school. I've witnessed the superior learning experience that the children receive and it's a refreshing feeling to watch the kids grow and excel with the help and support of the teachers, tutors, mentors and guidance. I'm extremely happy we chose to enroll our daughter at HLES. The PTA team is awesome and supportive. I commend the Principal and Assistant Principal for all that they do and commit to seeing that out children are provided the best opportunity to learn.

Posted February 06, 2014
HLES is a wonderful school where my 1st grader and 3rd grader are thriving academically. The teachers and administration are well qualified and supported by a growing community of parents, church and civic groups as well as local businesses. There are many great clubs and extra curricular activities for the students to explore and learn beyond the classroom setting. The PTA is active and encourages families to participate through their blog and Facebook pages. The school building might be old but it's the environment of engaging learning that allows parents like me to look beyond the physical building and focus on the great things happening inside. HLES is an excellent public school option in Mableton!

Posted February 04, 2014
My children have been going to HLES since my oldest started school and this is her last year before middle school. We have never had a teacher who wasn't loving, caring or wasn't amazing towards each student at the school. I am very involved at the school and have never heard or seen a teacher or another staff member be mean or rude to any child. We love HLES and all of the amazing loving teachers am staff members at the school. HLES is one of the big reason we Haven't moved out of the area!!

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is terrible, I placed my son there for 2 weeks at the beginning of the 2013-14 school year. I was told by the counselor Ms.Shepherd that they couldn't do anything with my son who was in 2nd grade. They said they would have to move him back to first grade and it would be good and should fit his personality better. The teachers/staff are mean to the students, unless your child is accustomed to people handling them mean and rudely they will not adapt here. It's ashame tax payers in this school district cannot get anything for the taxes we pay. We can't get descent teachers to care for an teach our beautiful children. Cobb County shame on you for allowing these people to represent this side of Cobb. The school definitely need friendly, loving and kind teachers. First you need to get the child to love you before you can teach. My son is excelling in private school now because he loves his teacher and he loves learning. I speak for a good bit of this district who are zoned for this school in saying this school is not a place you would put your child for nurture and growth.

Posted July 12, 2013
My child is attending this school for 3 years and its been a wounderfull experience so far. We came from the private school and our concerns flew away very quickly. The teachers are profetional, caring and involved. The principal and her assistant where attentive to any request and concern we had. I love this school and hope it will go higher in the rate cause its worth more!!

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2013
This is one of the worst school experience I have ever know. We moved from out of state, from a state that is not know for its public schools. Our old school looks fantastic compared to this dump. The school is unclean, they have no funding, and the leadship has a lot to be desired. Unfortunately, we bought a house in this school district, and will have to pay to move our kids to private school next year. We are very disappointed in this school, our kids are learning a year behind. VEry below average school

Harmony-Leland Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2012
Go to the District!! The Principal's Boss Start at the top. Better yet the Super. The school need a cleaning and an unexpected observation from Cobb County Schools staff from Glover Street. They need to come out and see, hear whats going on behind the "smiles". The asst. principal, Mckinney is awesome, only asset of the school.

Posted May 15, 2012
My child has thrived in this school. When she started Kindergarten, she only knew a few sight words, now she is an accelarated reader, reading at a first grade level! She has learned so much this year, and I have to give credit to her dedicated and wonderful teacher. The Principal is approachable and easy to talk to. Parental involvement could be better, but we are working on it. We are definitely going back for first grade!

Harmony-Leland Elementary School
5891 Dodgen Rd SW, Mableton, GA  30126
Last modified Harmony-Leland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony-Leland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top