Alexander Ii Magnet School

Public | K-5

Posted April 6, 2011

This school has been amazing. My child had a bit of a time adjusting to the advanced academic curriculum but by year two he has become an honor student and amazes my wife and I with the skills that he has developed. The math and science curriculum is second to none. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 4, 2011

I would not have allowed my children to attend anywhere else. I am a former student and I believe without Alexander 2 my work ethics, skills, and capabilties would not be as sharp and as vast as they are.....you are constantly being pushed to reach goals beyond your reach. I have been blessed enough to not only to have been taught there myself but my two older children have already graduated from there and my youngest son is currently a fifth grader. I've had the opportunity to see the school in different angles......as a former student, as a parent, as a volunteer, and as a chaperone, and as a substitute teacher and the the administrators, teachers, staff, and parents are the best by far than ant other school!

Posted April 26, 2010

Good School in Macon Area, dedicated and concerned teaching staff

Posted April 25, 2010

I have had one son go through Alex 2 from K-5 and my second son is currently in 2nd grade. The teachers work so well with our students and see them as individuals. They work hard so that each student can reach their full potential. Even though Alex 2 is a Math & Science Magnet School, reading is also a real strength. Both my boys learned to LOVE reading at Alex 2! We are lucky to have had both our boys at Alexander 2!

Posted April 25, 2010

The tachers are great. My child has excelled academically here. Couldn't ask for better.

Posted April 25, 2010

My daughter is a second grader at Alex 2. She absolutely loves her school and teachers. Most importantly, my child feels loved by her teachers. The family atmosphere and involvement is inviting and does not compare to other schools we have seen.

Posted April 24, 2010

My daughter graduated from alex2 and have had several neices and nephews as well. Alex2 has been in my family over 20 years and we love it. It is a class act school with more talent in teachers,staff and principals than any other school i have ever seen, Proud parent of Alex2 ...

Posted September 17, 2009

all 3 of my grandchildren have gone and my son was in the first class the first year it became a magnet school. It demands the best of the students and complete commitment of the parents with a signed contract. All schools should operate that way. It resembles school of my era when the best was expected, when being smart and working hard was a good thing. Letting yourself and family down was something no child wanted to do.

Posted September 17, 2009

I've already had two children who have graduated and they were completely equipped and ready for their transitions to middle school. I have one to go and he loves his school. The teachers really care about these kids and the administration is excellent at fostering open dialog between parents and the school.

Posted September 10, 2007

We are Grandparents of three students who are presently attending Alexander II Magnet School and ten alumni of the school. We have volunteered in the classroom and attended numerous programs, festivals, Grandparents Day, etc. for the past 16 years. We also have grandchildren who have and are attending other quality Bibb County Schools. Though some of them are very good schools, we feel that none of them can quite measure up to the excellent education that is provided at Alexander II. The teachers, aides, administration, and volunteers all help to bring together the atmosphere for learning that Alexander II has been noted for and maintained for so many years. Thank you Alex II for what you are doing because you must be doing something right! Grandparents - Ken and Nancy White, Macon

Posted October 13, 2006

We are very pleased with Alexander II Magnet School. I, the parent, went to a local private school here in Macon, GA. I was hesitate to send my children to a public school. Nonetheless, I have been greatly satisfied in every aspect of Alexander II. The faculty and staff are the 'cream of the crop'. I have neighbors that attend private schools; and, my children are at least one grade ahead of them academically. We love the principal, Ms. Penny Smith. We also have had the best teachers--Ms. Kirby, Ms. Walker, Ms. Whitehead and Ms. McRae. The janitor staff take such pride in there work. Alexander II is always spotless. We call Alexander the private school that you do not have to pay for. We are so happy to use our tax dollars. I just wish educators could be paid more. Educators are our future and they deserve more. Thank you

Posted May 24, 2006

Not as good as it used to be. Not sure if that is because of the guidelines established by the Board of Education, the school's leadership, or the change in the quality of teachers. There are some very good and dedicated teachers present, but from my experinece that seems to be the exception not the rule. The school was much better and the teachers much better 20 years ago, but when compared to other schools in Bibb County it seems to be a better choice.

Posted December 14, 2005

There is nothing more important in my life than making sure my children have spiritual guidance and a great education. The first teacher is myself and I make sure I do not leave room for failure. I knew what school my children were going to attend when they were in diapers. Alexander 11 leaves no room for kids that doubt themselves and what to give up. They encourage students in always, making sure that their education is the most important thing to them. They also encourage parents to stay involove with their children academic growth. I wish that all schools had the enthusiam tht Alexander 11 has and if not they not to come on over to see how a village really does raise a child.

Posted March 1, 2004

I am a parent and a teacher at Alex II. From a parent and staff member's perspective, I can tell you this is one of the best schools in Macon. I have selected this school for my two gifted children and have been pleased with their progress. We have many opportunities here- a fabulous advanced math program, science lab, student-run news show, gifted program, chorus, band, gifted program.... This is a great school!

Posted October 13, 2003

As a teacher in another system that could send my child anywhere in that system, we are so glad that Alexander II is our choice. This is a first class school and what makes it so special is the teachers are allowed to teach without having severe discipline interfere with instruction. God Bless you!

Posted May 23, 2003

My daughter just completed Kindergarten at Alexander II, for the 2002-2003 school year.Her teacher and Para-Pro, Mrs. Perkins and Ms. Booz, provided a sound education and firm discipline for a new student. My daughter learned new information by leaps and bounds and I was kept informed daily. She now reads any word that comes into view and practices her math facts,out loud,all day long. I can't say enough about all of the staff at Alexander II. I was greeted every morning by teachers, Pricipal, Custodian, Etc. A #1 school!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

98 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

• Linda Bivins
Fax number
  • (478) 752-5249

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1156 College St