Bad
Good

I have two children at Alex 2, and we absolutely love it! We have had great teachers, and we love the new principal, Ms. Caldwell. I think Ms. Caldwell has done so much to encourage intrinsic motivation among the students, and she is very forward-thinking. Another of Alex 2's strengths is diversity. I love seeing students from a variety of cultures and backgrounds when I walk through the hallways. I am so glad that my kids can attend Alex 2!

Alex II is the perfect fit my child! The school challenges her and keeps her motivated! The staff and teachers are awesome. You really do feel like a family! Everyone is so supportive of one another that no one gets left behind. It's always someone around to help you along the way.

This school has been amazing. My child had a bit of a time adjusting to the advanced academic curriculum but by year two he has become an honor student and amazes my wife and I with the skills that he has developed. The math and science curriculum is second to none. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I would not have allowed my children to attend anywhere else. I am a former student and I believe without Alexander 2 my work ethics, skills, and capabilties would not be as sharp and as vast as they are.....you are constantly being pushed to reach goals beyond your reach. I have been blessed enough to not only to have been taught there myself but my two older children have already graduated from there and my youngest son is currently a fifth grader. I've had the opportunity to see the school in different angles......as a former student, as a parent, as a volunteer, and as a chaperone, and as a substitute teacher and the the administrators, teachers, staff, and parents are the best by far than ant other school!

Good School in Macon Area, dedicated and concerned teaching staff

I have had one son go through Alex 2 from K-5 and my second son is currently in 2nd grade. The teachers work so well with our students and see them as individuals. They work hard so that each student can reach their full potential. Even though Alex 2 is a Math & Science Magnet School, reading is also a real strength. Both my boys learned to LOVE reading at Alex 2! We are lucky to have had both our boys at Alexander 2!

The tachers are great. My child has excelled academically here. Couldn't ask for better.

My daughter is a second grader at Alex 2. She absolutely loves her school and teachers. Most importantly, my child feels loved by her teachers. The family atmosphere and involvement is inviting and does not compare to other schools we have seen.

My daughter graduated from alex2 and have had several neices and nephews as well. Alex2 has been in my family over 20 years and we love it. It is a class act school with more talent in teachers,staff and principals than any other school i have ever seen, Proud parent of Alex2 ...

all 3 of my grandchildren have gone and my son was in the first class the first year it became a magnet school. It demands the best of the students and complete commitment of the parents with a signed contract. All schools should operate that way. It resembles school of my era when the best was expected, when being smart and working hard was a good thing. Letting yourself and family down was something no child wanted to do.

Last modified Alexander Ii Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.