6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Oh boy, this school didn't help me at all when I was bullied. I reported to two teachers about bullying, but I got no help at all. I felt completely ignored at this school.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The student body can't embrace differences at all. If they could, they wouldn't berate each other for being different.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The principal and president of Mount de Sales's middle and high school were incompetent. They were always all talk no show. Pretty words are nothing if nothing is done. The principal of the middle school was rearranged an overstuffed class one week before the second semester. Said principal practically shoved several students from one class to another without telling them beforehand.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Nope, the students at Mount de Sales are absolutely awful. There's no sign of integrity in this school at all. Students plagiarize, lie, and cheat all the time on homework assignments as well as when they're talking to their peers. Compassion? Don't even make me laugh. Most of the students at Mount de Sales don't care at all about their grades or school. That was one of the things I hated most about the Mount de Sales. The lack of effort was appalling. The students at this school give neither their classmates nor their teachers any sort of respect. Students are always gossiping and insulting their classmates. They'll even make fun of their teachers right in front of their face.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

For the most part, the teaching in the school is effective. There are a few incompetent teachers here and there, and many of the teachers are incredibly biased.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes, too much homework is assigned which causes a student to stress, but that's only sometimes. Usually, the homework load is decent.

If you look at Mount de Sales's achievements, you might think that the school is fantastic, but it isn't. As a student (soon to be former student) of Mount de Sales, I found that most of the teachers are competent, but there was a lot of bias throughout the school. Catholic Caucasians who were related to alumni of the school (I'm talking about parents/aunts/uncles) were regarded much higher than other students. In fact, there were activities in the school that were exclusive to students who were related to alumni or students who were Catholic. A few months prior, I saw a teacher single out African American students from a group and berate them. Though I myself am not African American, I felt extremely angered when I saw this. The bias that some of the teachers have are not even the worst part of this school. Many students at Mount de Sales are horrid. There's very distinct differences and tension between groups of students in each grade. Almost always, Caucasians stay with Caucasians, and African Americans stay with African Americans. There's only animosity between these two main groups. The students always seem to care more about their appearances and possessions rather than their academics. The students threaten to shoot up the school when their phones are taken away, yet they laugh and joke around whenever they fail a school assignment. How awful. Once, I told one of my peers to stop doing something that was morally wrong. The student cussed me out, so I reported them to a teacher. After that, the student lied about cussing, and the biased teacher believed them because he was a Caucasian catholic. Then, the student gathered all of his friends, and they yelled insults at me and spread rumors about me for weeks. I tried to report it so a teacher, but the students who I accused always denied it, so they were let off the hook. Later, I tried to report them again, but other students threatened me and said that they couldn't afford for those students to get suspended since they were major players in a sports team. That was the moment I truly hated Mount de Sales. The teachers I tried to talk to ignored me, and my peers were awful. If you want to send your child to a school with good education but bad moral values and corruption, then I recommend that you come to Mount de Sales.

Wonderful, Superb, Exciting, Marvelous, Excellent, Outstanding, Impressive, Delightful, Magnificent, and Delightful. There are no better words that can describe MDS.

MDS is an amazing school. I'm a current student there, and the teachers, administrators, and fellow students are great. Sure, there's cliques. But everyone fits in. Everyone accepts everyone. It's very diverse in its students. It's not like Stratford, or FPD, or Tattnal. It's a different, safe, educational environment. The teachers and administrators actually care about you. They know you by name, and they understand you. As a catholic school, we are required to take Religion and Theology. But it's totally worth it. We have astonishing academics. And amazing athletics. Teachers trust you. There's so much independence. I recommend this school for any parent choosing a private school in the Macon area.

It is a school that not only provides a great education but also allows your kids to compete in as many athletic and extra curricular activities as your child may want. If you live in Macon there really is no other choice. Stratford is to expensive and has no diversity. FPD is the same and Tatnall cares nothing about education. The only problem I had was the forced religion classes but I guess you have to sacrifice some things to receive a quality education. I definitely had a great time at MDS.

Last modified Mount De Sales Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12