6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Wonderful, Superb, Exciting, Marvelous, Excellent, Outstanding, Impressive, Delightful, Magnificent, and Delightful. There are no better words that can describe MDS.

MDS is an amazing school. I'm a current student there, and the teachers, administrators, and fellow students are great. Sure, there's cliques. But everyone fits in. Everyone accepts everyone. It's very diverse in its students. It's not like Stratford, or FPD, or Tattnal. It's a different, safe, educational environment. The teachers and administrators actually care about you. They know you by name, and they understand you. As a catholic school, we are required to take Religion and Theology. But it's totally worth it. We have astonishing academics. And amazing athletics. Teachers trust you. There's so much independence. I recommend this school for any parent choosing a private school in the Macon area.

It is a school that not only provides a great education but also allows your kids to compete in as many athletic and extra curricular activities as your child may want. If you live in Macon there really is no other choice. Stratford is to expensive and has no diversity. FPD is the same and Tatnall cares nothing about education. The only problem I had was the forced religion classes but I guess you have to sacrifice some things to receive a quality education. I definitely had a great time at MDS.

Mount de Sales has good academics, but there's a lack of comfort for students. I am a current sophomore at MDS, and no one gets along. Everyone is rude and cruel towards each other and the teachers either do nothing to stop it or go way over the top. I know that a boy got expelled for doing something a couple years ago, and then a girl did the same thing and the principal knew but covered for her and she was able to remain at MDS until people bullied and harassed her until she moved schools because she couldn't take it anymore. The president, Mr.Held, is very high strung and wants everything to go his way. He is nice but he never tries to compromise or meet the wants and needs of students, whatever he wants he does without thinking about the good of others. I wish I would've gotten out of MDS before high school, because it only gets worse. The cliques are insanely catty towards one another also. I recommend Tattnall Square Academy to any parent wanting their children to enjoy high school while also getting a good education.

Mount de Sales Academy is hands down the best private school in Macon! They have a strong focus on academics, as well as on athletics. I am a student in the 7th grade, and all of the teachers are great, especially Mr. Rogers and Mrs. Webb! Every person I've met at MDS is welcoming and friendly!

have helped my son progress at a hard time in his life

My son is a 7th grader at MDS. The school is wonderful and Ms. Street/Dr. Gabriel are quite helpful when it comes to our child. I will agree with the other parent a bit more focus on academics, but overall students/parents should understand their are different types of teachers student should be prepared for anything that is required of them. Also as a parent, I tend to let the faculty to know where I stand especially on self-discipline and it is okay to tell my child that he can work harder if not attend detention for failing to turn in/completing an assignment. As a Roman Catholic, since the decline of Sisters/Priest it is not the same environment in where children flinches when a Sister/Priest walks in front of them. Oh well you can't have everything.

I am currently enrolled in Mount de Sales aqnd must say that the education is excellent, but I sometimes wonder what I'm missing out on due to the requirements of a religion class every year. It is a Catholic school and I can leave any time I choose so I can't really complain, but not being Catholic it does get quite frustrating sometimes.

MDS is a good school. My son decided to go to MDS and we were convinced it's a good school. It has a good program but I believe it would be better overall if they focused to be more competitive academically than with sports activities. Their extra curricular activities are amazing that makes you wonder whether they focus as much on the academic aspects that your child will require in his college years . It is a good school overall but it has room for improvement with regards to teaching life skills and social consciousness. Life is not all about self entitlement which I believe the school environment cultivates and the children thrives on.

MDS does offer a lot of great class selections and there are select few teachers there that are absolutely amazing. However, the schools is in a terrible decline as many of the best teachers have left and most of the current teachers are very inexperienced leaving a chance that students get a great teacher and have a great class or get a terrible teacher that makes them not want to learn the subject. Although reputation precedes Mount de Sales, the school has recently started falling very short of it in recent years.

Last modified Mount De Sales Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12