No rating

Windsor Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Macon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $113,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $650.

Posted April 29, 2014

Windsor is AWESOME my daughter has been here since 1st grade and loves it the teachers and staff are impeccable. The teachers and staff really care and are very enthusiastic as well. We LOVE WINDSOR!!! Amy Childs Macon,Ga.

Posted March 17, 2014

Terrible school , my son went there for 4 years it was a constant battle to get his "teachers" to do anything. I think most of the so called teachers were just some students mom that had no degree, just free time. I am only giving 1 star cause there was no option for zero. All mine son was taught there was how to do drugs.

Posted March 5, 2014

I go to this school it is horrible worse than a public shcool no going here next year

Posted September 6, 2011

It's a really great school. The teachers can work one on one with the students because of small classes & it's a very family oriented school. My daughter had been going there for 7 years now, & she loves it.

Posted September 10, 2010

I am very please with Windsor. I have 2 grandchildren here and they both are A students. My oldest has had the top GPA for last 3 years in her grade. I would not want them anywhre else due to the family values and closeness we have with all.

Posted October 8, 2009

Windsor Academy teaches & trains our youth to be the Best they can, for they will be the Future Leader of Tomorrow !

Posted June 16, 2009

I am a student of windsor right now it is an amazing school and you are learning but at the same time its a fun atmosphere I have enjoyed the 2 years i have had at windsor so far and yes we do get a education we are not stupid like most people think we are small but that is good so we can get better one on one
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 19, 2008

My children graduated from Windsor,one attened technical school, the other from college.They both did fine adn are now working, productive citizens. Windsor is smalla dn is amde up of working class people. As far as the 'perks' that some of teh other private schools have, no we don't ahve them. We may not have the best sports records, but if you are sending your children to any school based on their sports, then you are sending them for the wrong reason anyway. I always knew my kids were safe and never encountered problems. As far as discipline, mine were treated fairly. I'd send them there again if I had it to do again. beat anything Bibb county has to offer at the middle/high school level. mother of 2 graduates

Posted October 27, 2007

Windsor is a great family school, but the academics and athletics are terrible. If you are planning to go to good college, this is not the school for you. But if you just want to get school over with in a family enviroment, well, this is the right place for you.

Posted July 21, 2007

Hi. I went to School at Windsor Academy for 3 years years and I can only say that the school is horrible, there are great teachers but the school's disciplinary actions are horrible, you can pretty much do anything you want and not get kicked out. The high school students are lazy and only care about on thing, partying. I would not suggest this school to any parent looking for a safe school for your child.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 8, 2007

Both my sons graduated fro Windsor. One in 2001 and the other in 2003. They received a good education in a small, safe enviroment. My husband and I were active and met many wonderful people over the 8 years we were associated with Windsor.

Posted November 24, 2006

Everyone from 12th down has a knowing of the younger students and makes this a family school. I support Windsor and all it stands for. This year our 4yr old started there and is doing great too. If you want a school that can give your child what he or she needs this is the place to be.

Posted September 10, 2006

My son started his 7th grade year at windsor, he is now a junior. He loves it!we may be a small school with not a lot of financial perks like some schools here in macon, but we are a family oriented school. I have several relatives that started kindergarten at windsor and went thru until graduation. They are well educated, prosperous people. It's not the 'redneck' school everybody makes it out to be! go windsor knights!

Posted October 20, 2005

In May 2005 I had the opportunity to see two fine young men graduate from Windsor. I feel the small class size and the opportunity for attention in the classes from the teacher they were able to learn and achieve their goals. The environment was like a home setting for them. I feel that they learned under less pressure and problems than they would have had they attended public school. I was very much pleased with their outcome. I would recommend Windsor to any family and I am thankful for all their hard work in helping me raise two fine young men. Without them, I don't know what I would have done.

Posted May 5, 2005

I am a 2001 graduate of Windsor Academy. I beleive this school taught me well and gave me the tools I needed to be able to accomplish the goals I have in my life. The smaller classes and one on one help from teachers is what I believe sets this school apart from many of the other schools. I attended Windsor from K-4 to 12th grade and I would encourage anyone who wants their child to have an excellent education to give Windsor Academy a try. I promise you will not be disappointed.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab