Lane Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 535 students

Posted September 10, 2013

Big shout out to Mrs Martin. What a wonderful person and a great teacher. It is a joy to have you in our son's life. Your contribution to his academic success is tremendous and very much appreciated. Keep up the awsome job at Lane.

Posted August 30, 2013

when the teacher is being partial and not fair then there is a problem, my son is being treated unfairly by his teacher and i do not like that. i am thinking of removing my children.

Posted July 27, 2013

Lane Elem. is still a great school. My three children are older and in college, but still stop by to see teachers and staff when ever they come home from college breaks. That in itself tells you how wonderful the school is. If you are a parent with high expectations and work with your child in and out of the classroom, then Lane is the school for you. Parents are very involved with the staff and events around the school. I was there when Penny Smith, Sherri Flag, Peggy Nipper and Lynn Stephens were principals. Each of them were great leaders and held a firm belief in having a community environment in the school were everyone is welcome if it was for the betterment of the students. T. Shakir

Posted May 27, 2013

Lane is an amazing school with loving and caring teachers. My two children look forward to going to school each day. We have been pleased with the curriculum taught and the amount of information our children have retained. We are also impressed by how many of Lane's staff address our children by name. We are thankful for the small neighborhood school and the close knit atmosphere among the students.

Posted January 23, 2012

I am not happy with this school. We moved to Macon about 4 months ago, and it has been a hard struggle for my son. He has ADHD and is dyslexic and there is NO dylexia program! I have never herd of such a thing. My son went from the AB honor roll last year to failing english this year. His teacher stares at me like a deer in the headlights whenever I go in to speak with her. The kids are never allowed to go outside and burn off some extra energy. They are kept in the classroom all day. His teacher sends A LOT of work home for ME to teach him. I'm all for helping educate my child, but I feel like I'm doing her job for her. I am greatly considering home schooling as an alternative to the substandard education he seems to be getting at Lane.

Posted February 23, 2010

Diverse culture with warm loving staff that goes above and beyond the call of duty to help the student's achieve their greatest.

Posted September 18, 2008

We researched the schools before picking Lane & we were't disappointed. The teachers at Lane drive our children to be the best that they can be. They involve the parents in every aspect of their children's education. The parents who gave Lane poor ratings are probably the ones whose kid's are very diruptive in class & doing poorly. I, as an involved parent, have been welcomed to the school on many occasions to sit & observe or help the teachers & I have to say, most of the kids were very enthusiastic about learning. All I can say is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, it's best to refrain from giving a negative one without checking yourself or your kid(s). Learning starts at home. Children benefit greatly from having help & support at home as well as in school & Lane encourages both. Thanks Lane for driving our kids!

Posted September 8, 2008

I have been a teacher at Lane for 7 of my 12 years in education. My passion has always been for the heart of a child and Lane is a school where that is celebrated. While there is no such thing as a perfect school, Lane is as close as it gets! My fellow teachers and staff members are always looking for ways to better care for and educate our students. Faculty and staff members go above and beyond the call ,including evenings and weekends, to provide the best possible experience for students. We have a great PTA that supports and encourages our teachers and work hard to help provide for our students. McKibben Lane is a school where I will be proud to bring my own children. I hope to teach here for many years to come!

Posted May 28, 2008

LOL, I haven't been to this site sense July 2006 when I made the comment about moving to Macon and finding the right school for my children. Lane turned out not only to be the best school for my children, where all three have graduated from and are now in middle and high school; but I started working there as a substitute teacher, the next year I was a teachers aid and now I'm a paraprofessional. The principal is awesome, she continues to push her staff to be and become the best they can be. She encourages them to take other education classes to better their skill. I am now in school to become a teacher, because I love my job so much and I hope to one day teach at Lane. Several papara's at Lane have went on to become teachers. The staff and students are like our second family.

Posted April 5, 2008

Lane is the best school! They have a great principal and loving teachers. My child loves the school. They set high academic standards while allowing children to be children. Keep up the great work.

Posted March 17, 2008

This school is not organized at all. Every event starts late. The teachers are rude.

Posted June 5, 2007

I love this school! My son went through K-5 here and loved every minute of it. At first I was nervous because his teacher looked really young, but Ms. Adams turned out to be a great teacher. I am amazed at the things my son has learned from her. I am sure she went above and beyond what she was required to teach and I thank God he was in her class. All teachers(from all grades) know my son by name and I think that is wonderful. Everyone shows love and concern for the students and it is a great environment. I love this school!

Posted July 12, 2006

I taught 3rd grade for 3 years(2003-2006) at Lane. I enjoyed working at a school where learning is number 1. Lane has the students' best interest at heart and truly works hard to make sure that each student achieves his/her very best. It is no wonder that Lane has been at the top of its game in test scores. The teachers love their students and only want the best. I think Lane is an excellent school that deserves the highest regard.

Posted April 30, 2006

It seems though this school is a great disappointment. The teachers are very nonloving,don't want the students to be children and just enjoy learning. When your child has had almost four different teachers in one year, there is a problem. Every new teacher that came, quit. The students have no one that they can even relate to.

Posted March 15, 2005

We are new to the school this year. Many of the rules and regulations (initiated by principal) give the school an almost 'military school' feel. Silence is demanded in almost every aspect of a child's day...silent lunch, silent restrooms, etc. When we questioned the principal we were told that children are allowed to talk when the teacher asks them a question in class. Teachers seem frustrated by pressures leaderships demands. Have witnessed teachers and principal yelling at children. School's mission statement says they provide a 'warm and nuturing environment'...I have rarely seen this. Our children will NOT return to Lane next year.

Posted January 15, 2005

My son is in the autism program at this school and I have been very happy. We have been in two other states and this particular school is great! The staff all seem to care a great deal and put in a lot of time here. I am amazed at the dedication that I see.

Posted November 11, 2004

My involvement with this school began approximatly four years ago,when my oldest(of 5) started first grade. I was pleasantly surprised at the obvious amount of care and concern the staff & parents had reagarding all of the children. The, what used to be, open door policy was wonderful and welcoming. This school year, unfortunatly, had become unbearable regarding all the policies and rules in which the staff and leadership could abide by and my children suffered the effects of it. Particular movies ranging from PG to PG-13 were being shown to fourth and fifth graders with out any knowledge to the parents,and in one case the rating didn't even matter to the teacher! The answer to this problem, without hesitation, was to remove the student,my child! After finding out this had gone on for two weeks or more, I knew my children had suffered enough. We are now homeschooling!Thankfully!

Posted October 10, 2004

I am a teacher who moved to this school last year. I have worked at a number of schools for the past 27 years, but have never worked in a school that I would recommend as highly as this one. I'd say teachers average 55-60+ hours per week working within this building itself and spend a lot of time networking with each other (brainstorming ways together to improve their teaching of the curriculum). The kids are really cared about here. Family activities are planned on Friday nights and the staff is there too!

Posted September 10, 2004

My family & I were trasferred to Georgia from Tennessee. We had a kindergartener at the time. McKibben Lane's staff (and the children) were very supportive and friendly toward my daughter. She is now in 1st grade and continues to exude confidence and great learning skills. (More than I ever did in 1st grade!) This school is a well-balanced school regarding nurturing vs discipline. The expectations of the children aren't too high or too low. I am pleased with the staff and curriculum of this school

Posted August 25, 2003

This is one great school! My son has ADHD and has been going here for the past 2 years. They have worked with him and my son continues to learn at the same rate as the other students! Mckibben Lane is awesome! Highly recommend!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

83 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

• Peggy Nipper
Fax number
  • (478) 471-5801

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

990 Newport Rd