Macon, GA

Lane Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
Big shout out to Mrs Martin. What a wonderful person and a great teacher. It is a joy to have you in our son's life. Your contribution to his academic success is tremendous and very much appreciated. Keep up the awsome job at Lane.

Lane Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2013
when the teacher is being partial and not fair then there is a problem, my son is being treated unfairly by his teacher and i do not like that. i am thinking of removing my children.

Posted July 27, 2013
Lane Elem. is still a great school. My three children are older and in college, but still stop by to see teachers and staff when ever they come home from college breaks. That in itself tells you how wonderful the school is. If you are a parent with high expectations and work with your child in and out of the classroom, then Lane is the school for you. Parents are very involved with the staff and events around the school. I was there when Penny Smith, Sherri Flag, Peggy Nipper and Lynn Stephens were principals. Each of them were great leaders and held a firm belief in having a community environment in the school were everyone is welcome if it was for the betterment of the students. T. Shakir

Posted May 27, 2013
Lane is an amazing school with loving and caring teachers. My two children look forward to going to school each day. We have been pleased with the curriculum taught and the amount of information our children have retained. We are also impressed by how many of Lane's staff address our children by name. We are thankful for the small neighborhood school and the close knit atmosphere among the students.

Lane Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2012
I am not happy with this school. We moved to Macon about 4 months ago, and it has been a hard struggle for my son. He has ADHD and is dyslexic and there is NO dylexia program! I have never herd of such a thing. My son went from the AB honor roll last year to failing english this year. His teacher stares at me like a deer in the headlights whenever I go in to speak with her. The kids are never allowed to go outside and burn off some extra energy. They are kept in the classroom all day. His teacher sends A LOT of work home for ME to teach him. I'm all for helping educate my child, but I feel like I'm doing her job for her. I am greatly considering home schooling as an alternative to the substandard education he seems to be getting at Lane.

Posted February 23, 2010
Diverse culture with warm loving staff that goes above and beyond the call of duty to help the student's achieve their greatest.

Lane Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
We researched the schools before picking Lane & we were't disappointed. The teachers at Lane drive our children to be the best that they can be. They involve the parents in every aspect of their children's education. The parents who gave Lane poor ratings are probably the ones whose kid's are very diruptive in class & doing poorly. I, as an involved parent, have been welcomed to the school on many occasions to sit & observe or help the teachers & I have to say, most of the kids were very enthusiastic about learning. All I can say is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, it's best to refrain from giving a negative one without checking yourself or your kid(s). Learning starts at home. Children benefit greatly from having help & support at home as well as in school & Lane encourages both. Thanks Lane for driving our kids!

Posted September 08, 2008
I have been a teacher at Lane for 7 of my 12 years in education. My passion has always been for the heart of a child and Lane is a school where that is celebrated. While there is no such thing as a perfect school, Lane is as close as it gets! My fellow teachers and staff members are always looking for ways to better care for and educate our students. Faculty and staff members go above and beyond the call ,including evenings and weekends, to provide the best possible experience for students. We have a great PTA that supports and encourages our teachers and work hard to help provide for our students. McKibben Lane is a school where I will be proud to bring my own children. I hope to teach here for many years to come!

Lane Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2008

Lane Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
LOL, I haven't been to this site sense July 2006 when I made the comment about moving to Macon and finding the right school for my children. Lane turned out not only to be the best school for my children, where all three have graduated from and are now in middle and high school; but I started working there as a substitute teacher, the next year I was a teachers aid and now I'm a paraprofessional. The principal is awesome, she continues to push her staff to be and become the best they can be. She encourages them to take other education classes to better their skill. I am now in school to become a teacher, because I love my job so much and I hope to one day teach at Lane. Several papara's at Lane have went on to become teachers. The staff and students are like our second family.

Lane Elementary School
990 Newport Rd, Macon, GA  31210
Last modified Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top