Bad
Good

My daughter attends Springdale Elementary as a Kindergartener. I absolutely love her teacher- Mrs. Gammons! She really knows how to deal with the kids and she is very open and available to the parents.I know exactly what to expect and what she is learning and what her goals are. The assistant principal is AWESOME!! She knows the kids, she handles situations and means business. If you walk in the front door you will be greeted. Her customer service is great and she is more than helpful with the children! I could not have asked for a better assistant principal. The only complaint that I have is the front office at pick up times. My aunt waited in the carpool line, on 2 different occasions, and instead of the staff helping her she waited outside for 20 minutes. Then went inside and waited another 20 minutes. However, when the problem was handled by Ms. Hamlin she approached it appropriately.

Springdale Elementary is an overall wonderful school! I attended Springdale from 2nd-5th grade, and I am now in 7th grade at Mount de Sales Academy. However, my younger sister who is in the 3rd grade is having a hard time adjusting to having to switch classes. I don't think they should start switching classes until 5th grade. The best teachers are Mrs. Gilbert (retired) and Ms. Mason in the 4th grade!

I've had two students matriculate through Springdale and have loved every minute. They know their stuff and are now taking gifted and AP classes in the middle and high school. Great teachers. Great parental involvement. Thanks Springdale - we'll miss you.

I question the validity of the March 23, 2011 post. All testing situations are closely monitored, teachers do not test their own class, and proctors are obligated to report any irregularities. I guarantee the students are TOP priority.

Overrated! Horrible teaching and little to no concern for the students. My son told me during tests, they tell the students what answer to put down.

We have just started at Springdale this year, after moving from out of state. We have not been pleased with the experience at all. We were not welcomed or well directed to policies and procedures. We were told while looking in the area to go to Springdale or enroll in Private School. Wish we had chosen the later.

As a parent who has had three children complete Springdale, from K - 5th (and 6th) in the last 14 years, I can give them a big thumbs up! It has been wonderful to be a part of the Springdale family. The teachers are dedicated and caring and all three of my children have had many wonderful experiences there. I highly recommend this school, as I believe it actually just gets better and better!

Springdale is a very good school. Like many other schools, however, there is simply too much emphasis on standardized tests. But, having said that, Sprindgale remains one of the best educational options in Macon.

Springdale is a good school if you are from that school district. If you are considering this school as a MM tranfer. Please think about Alexander 11. You will not be welcomed here with open arms. It nice to be part of a great program, but even better if you're wanted.

Springdale Elementary is a great school. All of the teachers provide the necessary skills to support each student. However, one thing remains the same the CRCT and teaching do not go hand on hand. The CRCT needs to be revamp by teachers to have a greater success in the classroom. Some of the topics are unrealistic for specific grades. With that said, all of the teachers are under scrutiny, they are providing the necessary skill building for each child to succeed. I will agree with the previous post, school security will be an issue for the school. Especially in the car pool and walk ins. However, there is a teacher present every 5 to 10 feet. Overall I'm happy with the teachers and my son is in the fifth grade.

Last modified Springdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.