PK-12|Private
1,011 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I love everything about FPD. The campus, the educators and the administration are #ALLIN when it comes to all who enter the doors.

I am an alumnus of FPD, and now my child attends there as well. I loved my experience as a student, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to send my daughter there as well. The school facility is impeccable and state of the art. The atmosphere is peaceful and loving, and the behavior and respectfulness of the students impresses me daily. I know my daughter is receiving a high quality education, just as I did. I am so thankful for FPD.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

FPD's teachers are not only smart and well-educated, but they also are caring, loving individuals who care about our students' well-being and spiritual growth just as much as they care about their academic progress.

We have been so pleased with our experience at FPD. We visited numerous schools, both public and private, in Macon before prayerfully selecting FPD for our son. We found that there were no "bad" choices, just the one that was best for our family, and FPD certainly has been that. Our son has been offered a very challenging curriculum with many, many opportunities for advanced classes, which his teachers have been preparing him for since the very early grades. He has found many sports and activities to enjoy, and I am continually surprised by the increasing diversity and amount of extra-curricular activities the school offers. I can't say enough about his teachers. Each year, we have been blessed to know that his teachers truly care about our son, and that they take time in their day to find out what is going on with him and to pray with and for him on many occasions. As he has grown older, he has found mentors in coaches, and prayer partners in teachers, just so much more than we could ever have hoped for when we first chose FPD to be our school home. The other families at FPD have been very welcoming and have formed close friendships throughout the years as we raise our children with like-mindedness and Christ-focused intent. The first time I ever "fell in love" with our school was when I visited a pep rally for the football team with the whole school involved. The pep rally was opened with the sweetest, most heart-felt prayer by the head football coach. I had been to parent meetings and school programs before that were opened with prayer, but to see the football coach stand before the entire school and place Christ above the excitement of football, really spoke to my heart. Since then, there have been many moments my heart has swollen with pride for our school, because of accolades and the accomplishments of our students, but nothing makes me more proud than WHO we are, which is a school that not only educates children at a very highly-performing at level, but more importantly, keeps Christ at the center of the curriculum and the focus of the school. If you are "school shopping," put it on your list. This school might be the "right" one for your family, too!

FPDS staff and teachers poor out themselves for our children and set high expectiations on their academic as well as their spiritual maturity, enhance the value we taught at home and bring out the best out of our children. I recommend FPDS to all the parents in the Macon who is seeking for quality education.

FPD is a school of excellence! The students are taught on a college prep level and challenged. The math program is fantastic and teaches students to choose the best way for them. The school offers 21st century classrooms which will equip our students for the future. The teachers are dedicated to their work and offer every student a highly motivated experience in the classroom. While the sports are ranked high, the arts are fascinating. This school offers something for everyone and will lead your child to a lifetime of success!

FPD is a great school with outstanding academics. Check the statistics for test scores and national merit scholars etc, impressive. Our 3rd grader is reading at a 6th grade level and has developed a true love for learning which we credit to the wonderful teachers. We have heard from other parents that if your child is having any trouble academically teachers are quick to meet with parents and address the concern. Participating in GHSA sports has given these students more of a "real world" view that you won't find at other middle GA private schools. We highly recommend this school for a wonderful Christian based education.

FPDS is not a good school. It may be better than the surrounding public schools, but it is not nearly as good as the public schools my niece is attending in Florida. My niece is getting a quality education and I am envious that my son is not getting that caliber. I get frequent emails from teachers, AFTER grades are posted telling me that my son's grades are not satisfactory. He was an Honor roll student before this school. FPD is killing his interest in school with massive amounts of homework, but no instruction in comprehending what he is doing, or why.He took a Keyboard class last year and the teacher never taught touch typing! The kids just typed all day. I guess they were supposed to pick up the process by osmosis. Come on! This is a very necessary skill in today's world. Give a little instruction and stop running out to teach sports! I have tried to get involved, but "those" parents shun me. My emails don't get returned and apparently I keep getting dropped from the call tree. My son was in several schools locally, before coming here. They were positive experiences for both of us, but I have had nothing but frustration with this school.

Fpd is a great school. It's full of opportunities in academics and athletics. The teachers are excellent Christian role models and will help any student through nearly anything. Sports are great and extremely competitive, especially since the move to the GHSA

If you want a Christ centered, college prep school, there is none better in Middle Georgia. Teachers have been perfect for my children; the academics have been challenging and the school community is just wonderful. Fine arts and athletic programs are excellent, lead by Godly and gifted leaders. Lunches are better than most restaruants! FPD is too good of a secret in Macon to be swept under the rug.

Last modified First Presbyterian Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12