Macon, GA
Students enrolled: 1,011
Before care: Yes

Posted September 22, 2013
FPDS staff and teachers poor out themselves for our children and set high expectiations on their academic as well as their spiritual maturity, enhance the value we taught at home and bring out the best out of our children. I recommend FPDS to all the parents in the Macon who is seeking for quality education.

Posted May 08, 2013
FPD is a school of excellence! The students are taught on a college prep level and challenged. The math program is fantastic and teaches students to choose the best way for them. The school offers 21st century classrooms which will equip our students for the future. The teachers are dedicated to their work and offer every student a highly motivated experience in the classroom. While the sports are ranked high, the arts are fascinating. This school offers something for everyone and will lead your child to a lifetime of success!

Posted January 27, 2012
FPD is a great school with outstanding academics. Check the statistics for test scores and national merit scholars etc, impressive. Our 3rd grader is reading at a 6th grade level and has developed a true love for learning which we credit to the wonderful teachers. We have heard from other parents that if your child is having any trouble academically teachers are quick to meet with parents and address the concern. Participating in GHSA sports has given these students more of a "real world" view that you won't find at other middle GA private schools. We highly recommend this school for a wonderful Christian based education.

First Presbyterian Day School 2

Posted January 09, 2012
FPDS is not a good school. It may be better than the surrounding public schools, but it is not nearly as good as the public schools my niece is attending in Florida. My niece is getting a quality education and I am envious that my son is not getting that caliber. I get frequent emails from teachers, AFTER grades are posted telling me that my son's grades are not satisfactory. He was an Honor roll student before this school. FPD is killing his interest in school with massive amounts of homework, but no instruction in comprehending what he is doing, or why.He took a Keyboard class last year and the teacher never taught touch typing! The kids just typed all day. I guess they were supposed to pick up the process by osmosis. Come on! This is a very necessary skill in today's world. Give a little instruction and stop running out to teach sports! I have tried to get involved, but "those" parents shun me. My emails don't get returned and apparently I keep getting dropped from the call tree. My son was in several schools locally, before coming here. They were positive experiences for both of us, but I have had nothing but frustration with this school.

Posted August 21, 2010
Fpd is a great school. It's full of opportunities in academics and athletics. The teachers are excellent Christian role models and will help any student through nearly anything. Sports are great and extremely competitive, especially since the move to the GHSA

First Presbyterian Day School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
If you want a Christ centered, college prep school, there is none better in Middle Georgia. Teachers have been perfect for my children; the academics have been challenging and the school community is just wonderful. Fine arts and athletic programs are excellent, lead by Godly and gifted leaders. Lunches are better than most restaruants! FPD is too good of a secret in Macon to be swept under the rug.

Posted September 24, 2008
does not properly prepare you for college class work.

First Presbyterian Day School 0

Posted March 27, 2008
I am a student enrolled at FPD.I have been going to FPD for 11 years and my brother attended FPD for 14 years. While going to a Christian School you grow in faith, but going to FPD you feel sheltered. We are not taught the reality of the world. The teachers are great here and really care about how you are doing and i have been come really close to some of my teachers. The new Zac building is great! There are tons of sports and it is a big part of our school (especially fpd vs stratfords game). I enjoy all the afterschool activities they offer at my school. I say the only downside is the food. SAGE food they serve at school isn't that great and the lunch people are Nazi's about having your lunch pass and cleaning up your table.

Posted April 25, 2007

Posted January 18, 2006
- a former student

First Presbyterian Day School
5671 Calvin Drive, Macon, GA  31210
Last modified First Presbyterian Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Presbyterian Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top