Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 24, 2015
BEST SCHOOL IN BIBB COUNTY!! The staff, the administration, the environment... EVERYTHING is wonderful!! Hats Off to Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Gilbert for giving our students a fabulous school to attend!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
Yes, the staff and administration find unique ways to make the students feel loved, supported and happy. The Cheerleaders, Vineville Leaders, Green Team, ROBOPandas, Ballet, Tap and Jazz are just to name a few!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
The school has never had a playground before this year. A playground was always promised by previous parent groups, however, their dishonesty caused that to never come to fruition. Now our students have a large playground. HONESTY AND FOLLOW THROUGH!!

Vineville Academy 3

Posted February 02, 2014
So many changes have occurred this year at Vineville and it has truely been an adjustment for the teachers, students and parents. Things just don't feel the same... The culture is different and it seems as though there are so many more discipline problems now. My child comes home with much more stress because of bullying and stories of behavior that would have never occurred before. I have also had conversations with other parents who feel the same way. I am also concerned with the new leadership. I hope the new principal will carry on the true vision of the school. Time will tell...not sure if this was the best selection by the BOE. Vineville also needs to focus on the math instruction. Based on last years scores the school dropped significantly. I love the teachers and the focus on the arts. I pray it will stay the same.

Posted February 01, 2014
I was a student at Vineville and I can honestly say that I had a great experience there. The teachers were always kind and helpful and they would always encourage me to do my best. I was there from kindergarten to 5th grade and those were the best six years of my life and I'll never forget them. Vineville Academy offers great academics and a amazing fine arts program, including art, dance, writing, and music. I will always remeber and miss that school. My experience there changed my life for the better and I appreciate all the love and support I got there.

Vineville Academy 4

Posted May 01, 2013
I give Vineville Academy 4 stars, although it lacks a real oudoor play area,it provides excellent academics in reading and math. My granddaughter has greatly improved in both and enjoys attending school! Students need to burn off excess energy they display in the classroom, trying to keep kids quiet 24/7 is an exhausting task! They need to release and talk(not yell) to other students, especially at lunch times, it's they chance to relax. Teachers spend too much time trying to keep kids quiet, it's not a convent! But, the flip side is maintaining order in the classroom I understand. Some teachers give afternoon snacks, some don't. If a child eats at 11-11:30am and doesn't get a snack at all until they are picked up after 3:30pm, that's a long time without food. Trying to teach a child who has food on the brain or just hungry, will cause distractions in the child I think. A snack is needed to re-energize their brain. Vineville has a great staff and I feel my granddaughter is safe there as well. I wish more funding was available to the school. But overall, I fund the school great, they focus on the teaching! My granddaughters scores are high in all levels!

Posted April 11, 2013
My family is having a very positive experience at Vineville Academy. We ended up there as a second choice after not getting a spot in the district's Math/Science magnet school (Alex II). However, it has probably worked out better for our child. The teachers are good and caring and keep an open line of communication with parents. In addition to the core stuff, our child has been exposed to art, music and dance with the option of *free* strings education. The dress code is a bit too strict for my tastes, particularly compared to what is allowed at other Bibb schools. I also wish a greater effort was made to let *all* classes have experiences in the science lab. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone in Bibb and especially to those with children who have an interest in the arts.

Vineville Academy 1

Posted February 10, 2013
My son attended this school and I can honestly say it brought out the worst in him. The minute I questioned the lack of substance his teacher was teaching, the administrators were intimidated. He did not learn a thing at this school and I was truly disappointed. I was so happy that I opened my eyes and looked beyond the beauty of the school and placed him at his home school where he has done nothing but EXCELLED since day one. This school may be perfect for some kids but it was HORRIBLE for mine. I have never looked back once.

Posted August 22, 2012
My son is in his third year at Vineville Academy and we have been very happy with the school. All of his teachers so far have been great and we have never felt that any kind of misbehavior or disruption is tolerated. My son is in the strings program, which is a wonderful enrichment activity for young children -- free violin lessons for five and six-year-olds are not easy to come by elsewhere! I do wish that there was a better/bigger playground, but with funding being cut for education, I am not surprised tthat play is not being prioritized.

Posted May 12, 2012
My daughter has attended Vineville since Kindergarten. I love the school, the teachers, and all that she has learned. I would love to recommend Vineville to any parent in search of a great quality school.

2260 Vineville Ave, Macon, GA  31204
Last modified Vineville Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.