Bad
Good

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a parent of a child with a learning disorder. I decided to send her to Hutchings this year because there are fewer students and thus, smaller class sizes. She has been thrilled with the school and her teachers show great leadership skills concerning children with learning disabilities. They have tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays which helps immensely. The parent can stay in touch with the teachers through e-mail, which is always answered promptly, or by way of the parent portal. The parent can call at any time and talk to administration about most concerns. The teachers are the main reason my child loves this school. They are always willing to help when asked and go the extra mile to help the student understand the material.

William S. Hutchings Career Center

Posted July 28, 2009
I'm going to be a senior this year, and yeah it maybe a little lame that there is no sports but the teachers and staff are mmazing. They are always willing to help. You have to admit that no matter what school you go to there is going to be a certain level of lameness. In my case i am extremely close to my graduating class, because the school is small you can actually get to know all your classmates.

William S. Hutchings Career Center 1

Posted May 12, 2009
This school isn't good at all the administration isn't good they pick there favorites. The teachers are the same they don't help the kids unless they ask for help when they need to be help and they care more about dress code than they do the grades!

Posted July 30, 2008
I am a Junior at Hutchings Career Center. The teachers are amazing when it comes to breaking down the material for us. The keep us focused and interested. The staff is really friend and strict when they need to be. I could not ask for a better school to go to

Posted August 21, 2005
I liked it, it is a small school and the teachers there really do care about the kids. They are involved in the students learning, and will tutuor if needed. The smaller student/teacher ratio really helps students excel. There are no sports there but there are clubs like FBLA and Beta, to name a few. Parents are welcome to involve themselves in the school environment. They also offer training in a career feild and teach children what it takes in the real world of work. It is a great school in my opinion and I would encourage any parent to put their children there.

Posted January 03, 2005
I feel really good about sending my child to Hutchings Career Center. Negative feedback about the Career lead me to believe this school was for students with academic and behavioral problems. I was highly impressed with the school, the academic programs, the principal, and the teachers during open house(orientation). Afterwards I did not have a problem with my son attending Huctchings Career Center. He's happy taking Honor Classes and eager to learn as never before. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to challenge their student. As a parent, I am excited about what I can do in helping to keep this school a great one and improving in the future! Check It Out For Yourself! Satisfied Parent

Posted August 11, 2004
My child has been at the Hutchings Career Center since last year. I have never met a more concerned, dedicated staff who are determined to get the best out of every student. Many parents don't know about this program and when I talk about it they think it is for students who are not as smart as other kids. That is not the case. My child is taking honors level classes and is taking classes to prepare her to go into a career or to college. The staff at Hutchings believes in teaching the whole child not just the child's mind. I am grateful every day my daughter walks through those doors.

William S. Hutchings Career Center
2004 Riverside Dr, Macon, GA  31204
Last modified William S. Hutchings Career Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.