Posted February 27, 2011
I have 2 girls currently attending. There is way too much bullying allowed and nothing is really being done to protect the students from these individuals. My husband and I made a special trip to meet with the principal and was intercepted by the Assistant Principal. She tried to put the blame back on MY children and when confronted tried to avoid the whole conversation. When the Principal did finally show up, she then sang a different tune. If we could afford to move, I would move to Houston County. Better Schools, Safer Schools and more involvement by people that actually care.

Posted November 15, 2008
I have had two children go through Rutland Middle School. I feel that it really prepared them for high school and beyond. The teachers go above and beyond, the counselors are involved, and the principal has a GREAT rapport with the students and staff. No principal is respected more by teachers who work for them than Dr. Jerri Hall. There is a feeling of family at Rutland Middle School, especially for students with involved parents -- and although it is not perfect, RMS is a wonderful place to learn.

Posted November 04, 2008
I rated this school because the teachers can only do so much. I feel if we had a different principal the school would be the best in town but you can't expect the staff to want to make this school any better with a boss like they have and also when Dr. Hall will not even speak to parents or students you can't expect to much. Maybe one day we will get someone that will care about the staff, students and parents.

Posted November 03, 2008
This is my child s first year attending Rutland. I feel most of her teachers are wonderful, with the exception of one, which only teaches what is required with out going above and beyond. The counselor is Great! She is super involved, and always seems to know what is going on with each and every student she is responsible for. Kudo s for Ms Lisa Brown! I ve also found that communication between some of the teachers is becoming a problem. I am hoping it will get better soon.

Rutland Middle School 5

Posted September 22, 2008

Posted August 02, 2008
It is very sad when you have a principal that will not speak to parents. I feel the Principal should be friendly to the parents and staff. Some people are just not cut out to work with children or with the public for that matter. I feel this could be a great school if it had different leadership.

Rutland Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2008

Posted August 01, 2008
My son transferred to Rutland Middle School at the end of the 2007-2008 school year. He was greeted with open arms. Although we did have a few problems with bullies, we are very pleased with the staff and faculty.

Rutland Middle School 5

Posted April 03, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008

Rutland Middle School
6260 Skipper Rd, Macon, GA  31216
Last modified Rutland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rutland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top