Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This is a great school with a great community. We chose this over East Cobb and could not be happier. The school has great advanced programs for kids on the fast track, and the teachers care and cater to the individuals. It's diverse, welcoming and fun! One thing to note on the test scores in Marietta City (and as such the school rating). Beginning in 3rd grade, alot of the top performing students head to the MCAA 3rd-5th grade school from Burruss. (Which is also a fantastic school). This skews the results that this school is capable of since a good number of the high-testing and high scoring students from K-2nd are now in another school in the district, pulling down the average for Burruss (And since the test is only 3rd and 5th grade that compounds the issue). They would not be able to get into or succeed at MCAA were it not the result of Burruss. Take a tour, talk to the kids, talk to the parents.

My family's experience at Burruss has been fantastic. The administration and staff are always looking for ways to make the school better for every child - increased differentiation in the classroom (flexing for core subjects so children can have instruction on their level - gifted, average or remedial), taking on the challenge of the IB program, and tutorial sessions for parents about the new ways of teaching math/testing so parents can help their students prepare for Milestone testing are just a few examples. the administration and staff have open lines of communication and are willing to take action when concerns arise.

The teachers are fantastic. It is a sweet school. You can tell how much they care for each child.

We've been at Burruss for 3 years and have loved our experience so far. The environment is nurturing and challenging at the same time. Mrs King is a leader to both teachers and students. As a parent, I've enjoyed participating in the classroom and on PTA. We highly recommend AL Burruss!

Develops character: Strongly agree

We love the IB principles that are taught to our child at Burruss. She's learned about being a communicator, an inquirer, a risk-taker, and much more.

My children are loved and soaring academically at Burruss. The teachers, administrators, and support staff are all friendly and approachable. This is a wonderfully diverse school where everyone is included.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Burruss is in the process of becoming an International Baccalaureate school. IB focuses on character traits such as caring, thinker, principled, etc.

A.L. Burruss is an amazing school full of wonderful students, teachers and families. We chose to send our children here out of all of Cobb County and Marietta City schools. We live the small school size, feeling of community, many ways to get involved and excellent academics that challenge and celebrate every type of learner. This is truly a hidden gem tucked away among quiet neighborhoods and parks in the city of Marietta.

"A.L. Burruss is the school for me." That is one of the lyrics in the school song. And it is very true. As a former Burruss Beaver myself back in the 1980's, I knew I wanted my children to have an amazing experience in elementary school like I did. We chose to move back to Marietta and send our kids to Burruss and have been so happy with that decision. I have 4 students (with an additional 2 Future Burruss Beavers at home) that have gone to Burruss. My children range from one in the gifted program, some middle of the road, and one is special education. Our experience with each of these different programs has been fabulous. They challenge the ones that need to be challenged and support the ones that need the extra support. They offer many after school activities including Odyssey of the Mind, Drama Club, Chorus, Lego/Robotics Club, Art classes and much more. The friendly staff and principal are available for any concerns that you may have. Our principal (who was a teacher back when I went through Burruss in the 1980's), knows each of the children by name. She goes the extra mile for students, parents, and staff. I am so happy with Burruss and know you will be too!

A.L. Burruss a fantastic Marietta City School! The staff is excellent. Most of the teachers are gifted certified and very caring. I have 3 children who attend Burruss currently, and all are very happy, challenged and love school. Burruss is fortunate to have a great principal who cares, listens to parents and is very approachable. Burruss currently has applied for IB certification. I cannot say enough good things about our wonderful school!

Last modified Burruss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.