Public charter
Marietta, GA

Posted February 06, 2015
"A.L. Burruss is the school for me." That is one of the lyrics in the school song. And it is very true. As a former Burruss Beaver myself back in the 1980's, I knew I wanted my children to have an amazing experience in elementary school like I did. We chose to move back to Marietta and send our kids to Burruss and have been so happy with that decision. I have 4 students (with an additional 2 Future Burruss Beavers at home) that have gone to Burruss. My children range from one in the gifted program, some middle of the road, and one is special education. Our experience with each of these different programs has been fabulous. They challenge the ones that need to be challenged and support the ones that need the extra support. They offer many after school activities including Odyssey of the Mind, Drama Club, Chorus, Lego/Robotics Club, Art classes and much more. The friendly staff and principal are available for any concerns that you may have. Our principal (who was a teacher back when I went through Burruss in the 1980's), knows each of the children by name. She goes the extra mile for students, parents, and staff. I am so happy with Burruss and know you will be too!

Posted February 05, 2015
A.L. Burruss a fantastic Marietta City School! The staff is excellent. Most of the teachers are gifted certified and very caring. I have 3 children who attend Burruss currently, and all are very happy, challenged and love school. Burruss is fortunate to have a great principal who cares, listens to parents and is very approachable. Burruss currently has applied for IB certification. I cannot say enough good things about our wonderful school!

Posted July 09, 2014
Excellent, above and beyond any expectations for learning, inspiring students, warmth and true caring for students by staff, feeling of belonging by my children, positive encouragement to participate in extracurricular activities. Honors Day graduation ceremony will blow you away when you see the percentage of students stand up for the All A & B award. We are blessed.

Posted March 18, 2014
I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener at Burruss and we love it! great small school/ community feel. Principal knows all the kids by name. They do an awesome job addressing kids individual learning needs, both on the advanced end and kids who need extra help. There are so many extra programs/events organized by teachers and parents that it gives families opportunity to get involved and engage in their community.

Posted August 26, 2013
An absolutely great school. My son is excited to go to school. The staff is always pleasant and welcoming. Their use of modern technology is great. Fabulous!!!

Posted November 19, 2011
Our Son has been at AL Burruss for 3 years and absolutely loves it! All the teachers and staff are very dedicated, determined, and proactive in seeing their students succeed and flourish. Every school year is better than the last!

Posted April 17, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009
Buress is the best school in the city, Mrs. King and all of the faculty there are wonderful!!!

Posted February 18, 2009
Burruss is the best school my children have ever attended, including the private schools. My children have used a variety of services, both special ed and gifted. The teachers are wonderful. They really love their students. Mrs. King is the best principal I have ever worked with, as well. If a parent has a concern, they receive a timely personal call, and the issue is almost always settled by the end of the call.

Burruss Elementary School 0

Posted November 27, 2007
We moved to GA from NY. We have been enrolled in Burruss for a month. Everyday at drop off (we are walkers) I walk away so satisfied and excited that we found such a great school. the school is warm and friendly the extra curriculars are amazing. I cant say enough about how I feel about this school its just great.

Burruss Elementary School
325 Manning Rd SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Burruss Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burruss Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top