Public charter
Marietta, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 02, 2014
We moved into the city, from Cobb, so our children could attend West Side Elementary. My Kindergartener LOVES her teacher and her school! She is thriving and so is her older brother in 3rd grade. West Side has EXCEEDED our expectations and we couldn't be happier! From what I see, SO MANY families agree!

West Side Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
Not the school that it used to be! My son's K teacher was burned out on teaching and obviously didn't enjoy teaching. She made his first experience with elementary school miserable. She even admitted that she preferred teaching girls rather than boys. She failed to communicate with me consistently on my son's progress and failed to give my son the attention he needed to thrive. He ended up HATING school until I moved him to a better school. VERY DISAPPOINTED in Westside but happy now that my son is happy and thriving with a GREAT teacher at a great school that makes learning fun and gives the children the attention they need to thrive!

West Side Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
If you fit into a certain "clique" (socioeconomic range/status) you'll love this school. If you are looking for a school that respects diversity and treats everyone fairly regardless of race/ethnicity/income...keep looking. Test scores aren't everything.

Posted August 25, 2014
I see that Westside Elementary is rated 9 at Great Schools.com. Sounds like the teachers are doing a great job. I am hoping that the new staff will hold up to the amazingly high standards. I bought a house in this school district because of Westside. A good school is the representation of the community. Great to hear that the "helicopter moms" are participant ing in their childrens life. I know I will be as well! Good job Westside, keep up the great score!

West Side Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2014
West Side Elem. was a wonderful school until it decided to violate IEPs & 504s. Without a lawyer or even with a lawyer, parents are encouraged to move their children, to another MCS elementary school, if their child requires any extra help. Too much stress is on the teachers & children over test scores. There are also many high-maintenance, helicopter-parents trying to run everything: from every single school function to extra-curriculum such as Drama or PTA events. We have to keep our heads down if we don't agree with the school or school board in fear of all of our children (K, 2, & 3rd) being rejected by their peers thanks to their parents. It is a public school!! not a private school. We all pay taxes, but people keep pushing it to feel & appear to be private: by telling parents to leave if they don't like what is going on.

West Side Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2013
My child's classroom teacher is A+. She is the best that school system could offer and parents could hope for. When it comes to classifying child's language, this school failed terribly. If your child is Native English Speaker, don't mention in Enrollment Form any other languages that one parent speaks (write three times English) because your child will end up to ESOL even their Native Tongue is English and their English is at the level of age group.

West Side Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
fabulous small school. Teachers and administration as well as all other stafff know the children and parents! Excellent academic program.

Posted September 26, 2009
The Principal and Teachers at West Side are the best you'll find around! My family moved into Marietta City because of West Sides' outstanding reputation and how impressed we were when touring the school. My children love the Drama Club, Movie Nights, their TAG classes, and most of all -the teachers! The culture at this school is so special and unique -I can't thank you enough, Marietta City Schools.

Posted August 16, 2009
We can not say enough about West Side. Our family has been at West Side for 8 years with both of our children attending since kindergarten. The staff is the most caring, involved group of teachers that continue to impress us with their willingness to do what ever it takes to teach each and every child. The open door, open arms, feeling that you get when you walk the halls assures you that your child is in the best place they can be. The TAG (Talented and Gifted) program that they offer is a tremendous success. My children love the opportunity to explore different academic areas such as broadcasting on the Stinger News, Power point presentations in Computer class, and Fitness classes just to name a few, This program is done in such a fun way that the children have a great time while learning. The after school program continues to bring different opportunities for the kids to be involved in classes that they may not be able to otherwise attend; tennis, acting, and chess just to name a few. We could go on and on; you just have to see it for yourself and be prepared to be as impressed as we are!

Posted July 30, 2009
Awesome school with outstanding teachers.

West Side Elementary School
344 Polk St NW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified West Side Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Side Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top