Bad
Good

We visit the school on a very regular basis to visit our two grand kids during their lunch times. Front office ladies, custodians, lunchroom monitors, Principal, food servers, and kids are extremely nice, helpful and very kind to us. The children all interact very well as far as we have seen during our visits. I am Hispanic and have never been made to feel not welcomed. On the contrary, we are always welcomed. My grand children love their experience at West Side for three years now. Grandparents.

If you are not Caucasian with a husband who makes enough money for you to be a stay at home mom....you wil not be welcomed. They have cliques and they look down on you. Myself and the Hispanic parents are not included or feel welcomed to participate. The PTA will gladly take our money and won't even say hello. The test scores may be great, but I don't want my child or myself to feel like second class citizens. Marietta City Schools has other schools with more of a diversity and welcoming school environment.

We moved into the city, from Cobb, so our children could attend West Side Elementary. My Kindergartener LOVES her teacher and her school! She is thriving and so is her older brother in 3rd grade. West Side has EXCEEDED our expectations and we couldn't be happier! From what I see, SO MANY families agree!

Not the school that it used to be! My son's K teacher was burned out on teaching and obviously didn't enjoy teaching. She made his first experience with elementary school miserable. She even admitted that she preferred teaching girls rather than boys. She failed to communicate with me consistently on my son's progress and failed to give my son the attention he needed to thrive. He ended up HATING school until I moved him to a better school. VERY DISAPPOINTED in Westside but happy now that my son is happy and thriving with a GREAT teacher at a great school that makes learning fun and gives the children the attention they need to thrive!

If you fit into a certain "clique" (socioeconomic range/status) you'll love this school. If you are looking for a school that respects diversity and treats everyone fairly regardless of race/ethnicity/income...keep looking. Test scores aren't everything.

I see that Westside Elementary is rated 9 at Great Schools.com. Sounds like the teachers are doing a great job. I am hoping that the new staff will hold up to the amazingly high standards. I bought a house in this school district because of Westside. A good school is the representation of the community. Great to hear that the "helicopter moms" are participant ing in their childrens life. I know I will be as well! Good job Westside, keep up the great score!

West Side Elem. was a wonderful school until it decided to violate IEPs & 504s. Without a lawyer or even with a lawyer, parents are encouraged to move their children, to another MCS elementary school, if their child requires any extra help. Too much stress is on the teachers & children over test scores. There are also many high-maintenance, helicopter-parents trying to run everything: from every single school function to extra-curriculum such as Drama or PTA events. We have to keep our heads down if we don't agree with the school or school board in fear of all of our children (K, 2, & 3rd) being rejected by their peers thanks to their parents. It is a public school!! not a private school. We all pay taxes, but people keep pushing it to feel & appear to be private: by telling parents to leave if they don't like what is going on.

My child's classroom teacher is A+. She is the best that school system could offer and parents could hope for. When it comes to classifying child's language, this school failed terribly. If your child is Native English Speaker, don't mention in Enrollment Form any other languages that one parent speaks (write three times English) because your child will end up to ESOL even their Native Tongue is English and their English is at the level of age group.

fabulous small school. Teachers and administration as well as all other stafff know the children and parents! Excellent academic program.

The Principal and Teachers at West Side are the best you'll find around! My family moved into Marietta City because of West Sides' outstanding reputation and how impressed we were when touring the school. My children love the Drama Club, Movie Nights, their TAG classes, and most of all -the teachers! The culture at this school is so special and unique -I can't thank you enough, Marietta City Schools.

Last modified West Side Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.