Public charter
Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 2,322

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
My daughter attended MHS for the IB program. I was very pleased with the way the school handled the discipline issues that arose and always felt like my daughter was in an environment that promoted safety and responsibility in its student body

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 25, 2015
A few of the teachers were not as dedicated as I would have hoped but the majority were fine.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
The academic rigor in the IB classes really prepared my daughter for her college classes at University of Georgia. She was able to exempt the majority of her freshmen clAsses and most of her sophomore classes as well. This has allowed her to under load every semester, and pursue a minor while still graduating on time.

Marietta High School 5

Posted June 25, 2015
My daughter came to Marietta high school from a very academically rigorous private school. I think the IB program was challenging and provided her with a fabulous, well-rounded education. And it was FREE!

Posted January 09, 2015
I am a senior student who is from out of state and I have attended Marietta for two years now. Being there really opened my eyes to how a lack of exposure could do serious damage. The "Old Marietta" students are definitely more acknowledged and privileged than other students who are not from here, and it is very frustrating. My first day at Marietta, I was not introduced as a new student or anything. I was automatically expected to conform into the school's expectations. Moving on to the serious BULLYING issue. Old Marietta types consider themselves as a big family so this is what they do not reveal. There are two parts to their student body: "Lames" and the "Cool kids". If you're not a cheerleader, football player, on the basketball,
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 19, 2014
I agree with the "Old marietta" rules the school sayings that have been on here, luckily i am somewhat old marietta, even though i did not attend a marietta city school until freshman year, my family and i have always lived in marietta. I have been lucky to succeed as much as i have even though the odds can be stacked against you in some situations. In my opinion, Cobb county schools are better put together and are more fair with there rules. Or it might just be that some marietta teachers and administrators are just straight up dicks. The positive things about marietta however are that it is a school with a lot of tradition, the principle is great, and it would be a great high school expierence if you do all the right things

Marietta High School 5

Posted August 14, 2013
I attend Marietta High School, and I am a current Junior. I disagree with the comment below saying that you have to be a rich white student in IB and Old Marietta to fit in. I am not Old Marietta. I moved here in 6th grade. I'm not rich. I am however partial IB. I fit in just fine. My parents are VERY involved with the school, and they aren't alumni. This school is one of the best schools in the country. The teachers do their best to make sure you succeed. The students and staff are extremely welcoming. If you are considering Marietta, I highly recommend it!

Marietta High School 3

Posted June 15, 2013
Reviewing high schools in Marietta and after reading a student's review containing several misspelled words, I'm not so sure about MHS.

Marietta High School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
Could not agree more with the previous post. MHS COULD be a great school IF the mentality of "O.M" aka Old Marietta was abolished. It's disgustingly obvious that teachers and students who are O.M. receive better treatment than others; quite ridiculous when you consider what a melting pot our urban school system is. Also,most of the members of the IB program have an inflated ego - they want the highest grade for the most minimal of work (this applies to both parents and students). The leadership in the school should focus less on image and more on building a strong educational foundation for ALL students.

Posted January 29, 2011
Many things wrong with MHS, if you can maneuver toward the "right" things you may do well. Many teacher's DON'T CARE. They will tell you and make things difficult if you try to escape. MHS is centered around image. Put students out rather than help. Favoritism to sports team players, IB and Lineage. Parents don't have much voice unless they're part of the obviously preferred Marietta Alumni lineage. Many teachers went to Marietta under teachers who still teach there. People connected through family or money. It's rough on transfer students. If the credits won't transfer they disappear, and NO the counselor won't work with you. Your schedule is to boost statistics, for image. It would be a good school, if it wasn't so elitist and if the obvious racism went away. White rich kids wondering the halls get greeted jovially, sometimes invited to a classroom to chat and order food if the teacher is on break, black and spanish and poor kids are ALWAYS up to no good. Arts are underfunded. Football get's everything. I would compare this school to a false family portrait. Where the family looks okay, but off camera it's lies, scandals and lots of make-up. Too much I can't say, check the news.

1171 Whitlock Ave SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Marietta High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marietta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top