Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted October 29, 2015
im a student at Marietta high school and love this school... and I cant wait to be a junior at this school

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
My daughter attended MHS for the IB program. I was very pleased with the way the school handled the discipline issues that arose and always felt like my daughter was in an environment that promoted safety and responsibility in its student body

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 25, 2015
A few of the teachers were not as dedicated as I would have hoped but the majority were fine.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
The academic rigor in the IB classes really prepared my daughter for her college classes at University of Georgia. She was able to exempt the majority of her freshmen clAsses and most of her sophomore classes as well. This has allowed her to under load every semester, and pursue a minor while still graduating on time.

Posted June 25, 2015
My daughter came to Marietta high school from a very academically rigorous private school. I think the IB program was challenging and provided her with a fabulous, well-rounded education. And it was FREE!

Marietta High School 2

Posted January 09, 2015
I am a senior student who is from out of state and I have attended Marietta for two years now. Being there really opened my eyes to how a lack of exposure could do serious damage. The "Old Marietta" students are definitely more acknowledged and privileged than other students who are not from here, and it is very frustrating. My first day at Marietta, I was not introduced as a new student or anything. I was automatically expected to conform into the school's expectations. Moving on to the serious BULLYING issue. Old Marietta types consider themselves as a big family so this is what they do not reveal. There are two parts to their student body: "Lames" and the "Cool kids". If you're not a cheerleader, football player, on the basketball,

Marietta High School 2

Posted December 19, 2014
I agree with the "Old marietta" rules the school sayings that have been on here, luckily i am somewhat old marietta, even though i did not attend a marietta city school until freshman year, my family and i have always lived in marietta. I have been lucky to succeed as much as i have even though the odds can be stacked against you in some situations. In my opinion, Cobb county schools are better put together and are more fair with there rules. Or it might just be that some marietta teachers and administrators are just straight up dicks. The positive things about marietta however are that it is a school with a lot of tradition, the principle is great, and it would be a great high school expierence if you do all the right things

Posted August 14, 2013
I attend Marietta High School, and I am a current Junior. I disagree with the comment below saying that you have to be a rich white student in IB and Old Marietta to fit in. I am not Old Marietta. I moved here in 6th grade. I'm not rich. I am however partial IB. I fit in just fine. My parents are VERY involved with the school, and they aren't alumni. This school is one of the best schools in the country. The teachers do their best to make sure you succeed. The students and staff are extremely welcoming. If you are considering Marietta, I highly recommend it!

Marietta High School 3

Posted June 15, 2013
Reviewing high schools in Marietta and after reading a student's review containing several misspelled words, I'm not so sure about MHS.

Marietta High School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
Could not agree more with the previous post. MHS COULD be a great school IF the mentality of "O.M" aka Old Marietta was abolished. It's disgustingly obvious that teachers and students who are O.M. receive better treatment than others; quite ridiculous when you consider what a melting pot our urban school system is. Also,most of the members of the IB program have an inflated ego - they want the highest grade for the most minimal of work (this applies to both parents and students). The leadership in the school should focus less on image and more on building a strong educational foundation for ALL students.

1171 Whitlock Ave Sw, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Marietta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marietta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top