Bad
Good

The school is a great learning environment. School offers 8 classes per a semester unlike some cobb county schools (only four). 8 classes per a day means you can get your credits faster, and days seem more interesting having a variety of classes. Its very easy to get caught up , unlike having only 4 classes per a semester. The school's spirt is wonderful. There are many things to get involved in this school, such as IB,clubs,sports and etc. The school even offers FREE tutoring after school (New program) to help in math, L.A and etc. The lunch is good especially the wings, and lunch booths!. I am a former student and,the school deserves more respect.

im a student at Marietta high school and love this school... and I cant wait to be a junior at this school

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter attended MHS for the IB program. I was very pleased with the way the school handled the discipline issues that arose and always felt like my daughter was in an environment that promoted safety and responsibility in its student body

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

A few of the teachers were not as dedicated as I would have hoped but the majority were fine.

My daughter came to Marietta high school from a very academically rigorous private school. I think the IB program was challenging and provided her with a fabulous, well-rounded education. And it was FREE!

I am a senior student who is from out of state and I have attended Marietta for two years now. Being there really opened my eyes to how a lack of exposure could do serious damage. The "Old Marietta" students are definitely more acknowledged and privileged than other students who are not from here, and it is very frustrating. My first day at Marietta, I was not introduced as a new student or anything. I was automatically expected to conform into the school's expectations. Moving on to the serious BULLYING issue. Old Marietta types consider themselves as a big family so this is what they do not reveal. There are two parts to their student body: "Lames" and the "Cool kids". If you're not a cheerleader, football player, on the basketball,

I agree with the "Old marietta" rules the school sayings that have been on here, luckily i am somewhat old marietta, even though i did not attend a marietta city school until freshman year, my family and i have always lived in marietta. I have been lucky to succeed as much as i have even though the odds can be stacked against you in some situations. In my opinion, Cobb county schools are better put together and are more fair with there rules. Or it might just be that some marietta teachers and administrators are just straight up dicks. The positive things about marietta however are that it is a school with a lot of tradition, the principle is great, and it would be a great high school expierence if you do all the right things

I attend Marietta High School, and I am a current Junior. I disagree with the comment below saying that you have to be a rich white student in IB and Old Marietta to fit in. I am not Old Marietta. I moved here in 6th grade. I'm not rich. I am however partial IB. I fit in just fine. My parents are VERY involved with the school, and they aren't alumni. This school is one of the best schools in the country. The teachers do their best to make sure you succeed. The students and staff are extremely welcoming. If you are considering Marietta, I highly recommend it!

Reviewing high schools in Marietta and after reading a student's review containing several misspelled words, I'm not so sure about MHS.

Could not agree more with the previous post. MHS COULD be a great school IF the mentality of "O.M" aka Old Marietta was abolished. It's disgustingly obvious that teachers and students who are O.M. receive better treatment than others; quite ridiculous when you consider what a melting pot our urban school system is. Also,most of the members of the IB program have an inflated ego - they want the highest grade for the most minimal of work (this applies to both parents and students). The leadership in the school should focus less on image and more on building a strong educational foundation for ALL students.

Last modified Marietta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.