Posted August 14, 2013
I attend Marietta High School, and I am a current Junior. I disagree with the comment below saying that you have to be a rich white student in IB and Old Marietta to fit in. I am not Old Marietta. I moved here in 6th grade. I'm not rich. I am however partial IB. I fit in just fine. My parents are VERY involved with the school, and they aren't alumni. This school is one of the best schools in the country. The teachers do their best to make sure you succeed. The students and staff are extremely welcoming. If you are considering Marietta, I highly recommend it!

Marietta High School 3

Posted June 15, 2013
Reviewing high schools in Marietta and after reading a student's review containing several misspelled words, I'm not so sure about MHS.

Marietta High School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
Could not agree more with the previous post. MHS COULD be a great school IF the mentality of "O.M" aka Old Marietta was abolished. It's disgustingly obvious that teachers and students who are O.M. receive better treatment than others; quite ridiculous when you consider what a melting pot our urban school system is. Also,most of the members of the IB program have an inflated ego - they want the highest grade for the most minimal of work (this applies to both parents and students). The leadership in the school should focus less on image and more on building a strong educational foundation for ALL students.

Marietta High School 2

Posted January 29, 2011
Many things wrong with MHS, if you can maneuver toward the "right" things you may do well. Many teacher's DON'T CARE. They will tell you and make things difficult if you try to escape. MHS is centered around image. Put students out rather than help. Favoritism to sports team players, IB and Lineage. Parents don't have much voice unless they're part of the obviously preferred Marietta Alumni lineage. Many teachers went to Marietta under teachers who still teach there. People connected through family or money. It's rough on transfer students. If the credits won't transfer they disappear, and NO the counselor won't work with you. Your schedule is to boost statistics, for image. It would be a good school, if it wasn't so elitist and if the obvious racism went away. White rich kids wondering the halls get greeted jovially, sometimes invited to a classroom to chat and order food if the teacher is on break, black and spanish and poor kids are ALWAYS up to no good. Arts are underfunded. Football get's everything. I would compare this school to a false family portrait. Where the family looks okay, but off camera it's lies, scandals and lots of make-up. Too much I can't say, check the news.

Posted May 06, 2010
My child has had the greatest experience at MHS! We have been so pleased with the quality of MHS and Marietta City Schools.

Marietta High School 1

Posted May 03, 2010
This school has failed my stepson in more ways than I can properly explain in text. The new Math curriculum violates all principles of pedagogy and pays teachers to do nothing. When my wife and I complained of the problems in the classroom, our child was intimidated by an administrator - and we have never been contacted in response. Most recently, it appears that administrators are given carte blanche to mete out arbitrary punishments (push-ups IN THE CAFETERIA) in cases where fault is not ascertained before punishment is assigned. I will be homeschooling my child next year, and the school board will be notified of exactly why. If you have school-age children inside the Marietta city limits, MOVE.

Posted March 16, 2010
This school is the best school that I ever whent to. I am receving a privet school education at a public school and on top of that Marietta High School is rank number three in the whole United States of America. I love this school. GO BIG BLUE!

Marietta High School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
I have attended MHS for four years and I am greatly disappointed. They accuse the students of things that are nowhere near the truth. One program that has been the best thing that ever happended to me is the PLC program. This Program has helped me mature as a person and they made a connection with me that MHS could never achieve..... ever!!!!

Marietta High School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
This is a fantastic school as long as you are in the IB program if not it's not that great. You recurve a better education and more respect from the staff if you are in the program. However the staff still does not give very much trust in students it's either the teachers way or no way. There is no compromising talking nothing and it is very unfare to the students. One of the only teachers that I am aware of that is none of these things but is still a marvolous teacher is Ms. Melinda Garrett. She trusts works with us and teachs a hard class but she does it wonderfully.

Posted January 03, 2010

Marietta High School
1171 Whitlock Ave SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Marietta High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marietta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top