K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our daughter attended SJCS from 3rd grade through 8th. She and we loved the teachers and the school atmosphere. . She has a solid foundation which allowed her to transition into high school surprisingly easily. She has a great work ethic which started at St. Joe's. and she continues to work hard as a senior. She is writing great essays for all of her colleges applications. She is our third daughter. The other two attended very good local public schools with results that didn't compare. I recommend St. Joseph school any chance I get.
October 14, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I wish I could have given this tremendous school a five -star review. The teachers are fantastic and go above and beyond what is asked of them for their students. They get there early, they stay late, and they give from their own pockets to make sure the kids have the best experience possible. However, principal Pat Allen is a glaring negative that prevents St. Joes from being the school that it could and should be. A leader should lead by example, but Mrs. Allen does not. She is never present in the classroom and does not know her students or faculty at all. Most of her time is spent behind closed doors, where she cannot be reached and takes days or weeks to return calls or emails (if she even bothers to return them at all). It is very unfortunate that Pat Allen is at the head of this beautiful school. Her fake smile and lack of understanding of children tarnish what would be an otherwise perfect place.

Good for students to 'fit the mold' and can maintain good grades. It is a Blue Ribbon" status school. It would be nice to see some diversity among the faculty and staff. Only one male teacher.

Develops character: Agree

In the students - yes. I think having a religion class and going to church encourages this in the students.

We are most impressed with the religious component of this school (the priests are wonderful and school Mass is inspirational).

We could not be happier with our choice of SJCS for our son. Their dedication to his growth in faith and academics is second to none. We are blown away by what his kindergarten class has already learned in comparison to what children the same age are learning in other schools. We are truly grateful for the SJCS community!

My children have attended St Joseph since kindergarten, and I feel blessed to have them embraced in such a welcoming and supportive community! Responsibility and respect are values being reinforced daily. Their education is well-rounded, and I feel they are well prepared for high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many teachers have gone the extra mile to ensure a student is getting the help they need, as well as feeling supported in their studies. It is incumbent on the parents to help facilitate this support by coming to school early for the extra help, etc. but it is there if needed.

Amount of homework: Agree

With a few exceptions of larger projects, my kids are/were usually done within an hour or so with plenty of time for dinner and then off to activities during the week.

A great school with great teachers. My daughter's have learned so much! There is great parent involvement and sense of community. I can honestly say that they have a great system to teach reading and math.

I love saint Joseph Catholic School. My daughter is in Kindergarten, she has a great work ethic already! she has learn a lot not only academically but as well in faith. Love the involvement of parents as well.

Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8