Posted June 18, 2014
I have gone to this school for all nine years and I have to say that it needs serious help. The students are victimized and treated like they're toddlers and the principal Mrs Allen rarely shows up to school. There are very few qualified teachers and the punishment of this school has never been fair. I have met so many kids in a middle school of 50 kids per grade that struggle with self harm, anxiety, eating disorders, and other issues and sjcs has done a horrible job in handling this. IThe students are treated poorly and have little to no room for creativity. Almost everything involving this school is biased. Don't get me wrong when I say that I regret going to this school, because I have met some of the best people here. But these kids that I have known and became friends with are good people only because of the job their parents have done and the school has nothing to do with the fact that I have met some great people. It would be a wiser option to get your kids away from this school and have them attend public school instead because this school is all drama politics and no education.

Posted June 18, 2014
this school is the dumbest thing on planet earth and is something compared to a prison.

Posted April 22, 2014
This will be our last year at St Joseph Catholic School in Marietta because our youngest is graduating. We couldn't be more thankful for all the support, care and love our children got there and still do. Our children grew not only academic but as good individuals. Having the focus on Academics, Fine Arts, Sports, Girls/Boys Scout and not on clothes or make up, really make the students ready to go to High School full of confidence. This school will, for ever, be a 2nd house for all of us filled with wonderful memories with amazing friends.

Posted January 14, 2014
Since our first year at SJCS, I knew this was the right school for our children. The primary teachers, aids, enrichment teachers, support staff - everyone has the children's best interest in mind! I feel very confident that my children are receiving a well-rounded quality education. I also appreciate how well behaved the children are overall - they have a high standard of behavior that reinforces them to be responsible and accountable for their actions.

Posted July 29, 2013
This school is not a good place to go. Teachers are horrible and most aren't even qualified to be actual teachers. The Principal allows for no creativity orany fun in the school, and the academics are below average. You would be better off sending your child to your local public school.

Posted June 15, 2013
My experience with the elementary school at St. Joseph has been overwhelmingly positive. My child likes going to school. The teachers are available before school to help students and have always been responsive to my e-mails and inquiries about assignments and grades. The administration is excellent and the staff always helpful and hardworking. The school nurse is also very caring. I respectfully disagree with the parent who posted that the principal does not attend the school Mass. I attended more than half of them during the school year and she was present at each one.

St Joseph Catholic School 3

Posted June 09, 2013
As a former parent, I highly commend the teachers and counselors for their outstanding professionalism. The contrary can be noted for the Principal and the administration. The principal clearly displays undesirable characteristics both to the staff, as well as to the parents. Her 'bullying' techniques are highly unacceptable and she is completely unapproachable and unattainable. There is no 'open door' policy at the school. Never have I seen such hypocrisy displayed by a principal at a Catholic school, as I have never witnessed her attendance at school Masses with the students. Before enrolling your child in this school, I would think twice about subjecting either yourself or your child to the principal and the administration. I would highly recommend the exploration of other Parochial schools in the area.

Posted July 21, 2010
In regards to Fr. Berny from an earlier review: "Fr. Berny won't help because he couldn't care less about the school and the archdiocese office won't listen to valid concerns" Fr. Berny is no longer the pastor at St. Joseph. Fr. Walsh is a phenomenal pastor and is extremely involved in the school and I have seen a marked improvement since his appointment. He is fully engaged with the children and visits the classrooms and attends special events. We really love St. Joesph and feel like it is the best place for our children. We really like that we can talk to the teachers at any time and that we get to know the fellow parents and gain support and help from them when needed. Excellent school!!!

Posted January 17, 2010
We have two children at St Joe's. We do love the school and commute 21 miles each way to get the kids there everyday.

St Joseph Catholic School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
We have multiple children at St Joe's. It is a fantastic shool and an excellent educational bargain. The parents are heavily involved, the teachers are bright and well motivated, and most importantly, the school is a safe/disciplined environment for the kids. No video games, moral relativism or bad language here -- it just doesn't happen, period. Sure, the principal is a strong personality. I fail to see that as a shortcoming -- I want someone in that job that gets things done and doesn't tolerate slack behavior. Which teachers do you remember best when you are an adult? It's not the ones who were soft -- it is always the ones that pushed you to do more and work harder. PS: We took our kids out of the allegedly 'top rated' neighborhood public school because the teachers & administration did not give a flip about the kids.

St Joseph Catholic School
81 Lacy Street, Marietta, GA  30060
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.