No rating

Faith Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 225 students

We are best known for Christ-centered education.

Living in Marietta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $305,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 19, 2014

We LOVE FAITH! 2nd grader and 4s in preschool. The preschool is fantastic and my son started Kindergarten here. His experience was so positive we decided to stay. We felt it s a worthwhile investment and we feed into some of the best public schools in the state. The teachers are phenomenal and most class sizes are small. The standards are very high and the academics are challenging but there is a great deal of feedback from the teachers. My children are happy and encouraged to go the extra mile. There is recess and my kids are learning proper manners and morals. Very nice families and no snooty attitudes present in the halls of this school. Our family loves the faith based aspect of the school but appreciates that academics is a strong focus as well. Plus they offer Spanish, art, music, gym, computer lab, just installed a new science lab, real gym class and interactive smart boards. During afterschool the teachers help my son complete his homework or practice his spelling words before he gets home! All of the teachers take the extra time to bring out the best in each student. There is a transitional Kindergarten, which is hard to find. Worth checking out!

Posted May 12, 2014

I'm a parent of 2 preschoolers at Faith. There is truly a family feeling at the school. When we walk in, the receptionist knows my family, every teacher on the preschool hall knows my family, even if they haven't taught my kids, even the lunch room workers know me and my boys! Because of all school activities, there are always one or two middle school girls who run up to my kids and greet them by name. I heard a teacher at open house say "We enroll children, not scholars." This is true. The academics may not be of the caliber of Westminister, Walker School or other big name Atlanta private schools, but they certainly are solid, and the school has a nice mix of kids. The 8th graders who graduate from Faith are well rounded, confident, kind, AND academically prepared for high school.

Posted August 16, 2013

My daughter attended Faith Lutheran from age 2 through Kindergarten. As a parent, the atmosphere was perfect. I as well as my daughter was greeted by name when we walked in the door and when I called, it was the same. The teachers were caring and nurturing and I will always cherish the time that she spent there. Awesome program!

Posted August 14, 2013

Fantastic teachers in a Christian environment. Discounts and scholarships, opportunities for public service, and staff that really, truly care about our kids! We are so glad to have found this school!!

Posted May 15, 2013

My wife and I each attended private schools and our children have attended private schools for years. We changed to Faith Lutheran because their previous school was all about appearances but the substance was very lacking. Faith Lutheran does not have the best physical plant, that's obvious, but they have the most dedicated and caring teachers we have ever encountered. Every single adult seems focused on bringing the best to every encounter with the children. It's a small Lutheran school with a big heart. Go and meet the people, I think you will be impressed.

Posted September 14, 2012

Clean, friendly, caring school--outstanding in all respects! We are in the PreK program and absolutely love it. My child has had excellent religious as well as academic instruction. I love the units they've studied this year--they extend the curriculum beyond reading preparation to science experiments and more. The student population is racially diverse, which I like, and the teachers are well-trained. The principal is very involved and greets my child every day. My child has learned so much and is VERY happy here.

Posted May 5, 2011

What a blessing this school is to my children and family! My children have grown so much in both their academics and their willingness to reach out and help others. The wonderful teachers and staff know the children and call them by name. The smiles I see on the faces of the students when I'm there tells me they're happy and doing well. I've also watched friends' children graduate and go on to magnet programs and other elite private schools, doing well and continuing to excel at all their endeavors. Obviously, they've got the challenging academics to encourage the students to do their best. And, when my children do have problems, the teachers and staff are always ready to help. The school also teaches and enables the students to reach out to others in the community. Together the students and families put together EVERYTHING needed for a refugee family to come live in the area. With the recent tornadoes in the southeast, the students came up with the idea of "selling" no-uniform days to raise money to send to help others' recovery; the administration immediately "ok-ed" the plan. What wonderful support! This is truly the best place in East Cobb for families!

Posted September 11, 2010

The class sizes are small, less that 20 kids which is good. If you are religious your child will get that.............but the school needs to improve their academics. There are public schools in the area with better curriculum/academics. Very few extra curricular activities. If you want your child in a small setting this is a good option. If you want your child to be well prepared academically keep looking!!!!!

Posted June 14, 2009

Didn't get the stars in the last review! Must add that I have not noticed any parent cliques with involvement ever.

Posted November 5, 2008

What a wonderful school. FLS has all of the right ingredients - longtime teachers who truly strive to bring out the best in each individual child; a staff who genuinely care about the well being of every family; a relatively new (the school has been in operation for 50 years) classroom facility, new playground and soon, a new playing field. The school offers a before/after school program and camps that work well for working parents. Spanish & computer class are introduced in kindergarten and sports and music programs are offered throughout the school year. FLS is a close knit school that cultivates (and expects) good behavior, community service and high achievement. We could not be happier with our experience and hope to keep our children at FLS through 8th grade.

Posted June 22, 2008

We love this school! Our daughter has thrived academically,socially and most of all in her love for Christ and respect for others. Teachers are great,principal is great! well worth the investment!

Posted October 30, 2006

Two Thumbs up !! This is the best School ever. My sons personality and grades greatly improved since we enrolled here. I would not change a thing. At FLS it is all about the Kids, thank you teachers and Staff.

Posted July 14, 2006

The overall quality of this school is outstanding. All the grade level teachers have their Georgia certifications. The class sizes are small which enables the teachers to offer quality time with each student. The principal has only been there two years but he is a real people person. He welcomes students and parents to talk to him. He knows every child by name - even the early childhood students. The school now offers a competitive sports program after school hours for students in grades 5-8. They play against teams from other private schools in the area. The school offers several choirs - including a chime choir. This year we look forward to adding handbell choirs as well. They also have a growing band program. The parents are welcomed to be involved. The school has a very active Parent-Teacher League which offers various activities for families during the year.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 7, 2005

My oldest child attended Faith Lutheran School for 4 years. The Clique factor is a large part of the parent involvement. Everyone is welcome to sign up on the volunteer sheet but only the core (the same select few) actually do the activities. The level of education my child received was of overall good quality. The art and PE were inadequate. No extracirricular activities were in place when we attended but were proposed. When an incident involving poor supervision and subsequent injury of my child arose, they handled the situation extremely poorly. They DO have a new principal since we have gone and that might have changed somethings since we've left.

Posted February 27, 2004

When your child goes there for the 1st year everyone will make you feel welcomed. It was nice to have a school that loves all the children in the school. I was so taken by the school that my oldest child has been there for five years and will stay there until the 8th grade.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:15
School end time
  • 3:30
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Ann Greinke, Interim Principal
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)
Associations
  • NIPSA
Fax number
  • (770) 971-7796

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Assistant principal(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Tutor(s)

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Tax credits

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Dominion Christian HS