PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Faith Lutheran is like a family... I never really fully understood the value of what Faith Lutheran poured into my kids until we pulled them out to try public school because of the School Choice lottery. My kids attended Faith Lutheran for 3 years before we chose to send our kids to public school this year to try to save money on tuition in hopes that they would have comparable education and environment. Boy were we wrong. The school my kids have been going to this last year is considered to be one of the most desirable in the East Cobb area but never have I ever felt more like my kids were just a data point than I do now. My kids dread Mondays. They miss their "Jesus time". They miss the attention they received in the small class sizes. My daughter learned so much at Faith Lutheran and was spiritually nurtured as well to the point that she has been such a witness to her current public school class, her teacher even stood up in church and mentioned what a wonderful example and witness of God's love she was - in 3rd grade!! We are a struggling middle class family, but the truth is there is no value you can put on a private school education, specifically what Faith Lutheran has provided my children. We will be making the financial sacrifice to send them back next year, but it's worth it. ALL of the front staff are wonderful, all of the teachers are genuine... even sending home sweet notes with my daughter to praise her for thoughtful actions and good work... I can't say enough. Faith Lutheran deserves MORE than 5 stars (cross posted this review to Google also :) )

Great school if you and your child fit the mold of what their "high expectations" are. If you are not a good fit for the Lutheran community then the experience you get will be much different. The Principal and some of the teachers do not always say hello when walking past you in the hallways. They have a few really great teachers there and if your child is lucky enough to get one of them, they will be just fine.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They have horrible communication with parents unless you are a member of the church and know everybody. Otherwise the leadership and the teachers have conversations without the parents and bring the parents in on the back end of issues.

Solid academics, State Championship Middle School Robotics team (yes you read that right - they beat every single STEM High School in the state last year and won the first competition again this year against all those STEM High School students), Championship Volleyball MS Team, Christian values in everything they do, no Common Core, small class sizes, family atmosphere.

Great church and school with fantastic leaders guiding the ship (Principal, Board Members, Pastors, & Elders). Amazing people within the entire organization...loving, caring and supportive. Fantastic teachers with an excellent curriculum with Jesus Christ at the center and at the heart of what we do as a Faith Family. You will not be disappointed; I can guarantee it.

The faculty and staff are very caring and know each of the children and their families. When things happen in families (death, accident, illness) the families of Faith, both from the school and the church, come together to help out! What an amazing ministry and family atmosphere. The caring for each other is really evident in the school. The academics are great, too. My son was well-prepared when he went into the magnet program at our local public high school. At Faith he learned so many fundamental skills, such as putting together a research paper, documenting his work in science, etc., that it's been an easy transition to high school, where he continues to excel.

Such a wonderful and loving place. I was so nervous about my two year old being away from me but the teachers made him feel so at home. He just adores school and after two weeks was speaking so much more and singing, He is so excited each day we have school and runs to give his teachers huge hugs. Thank you so much for providing such a safe and loving place for my little boy.

We LOVE FAITH! 2nd grader and 4s in preschool. The preschool is fantastic and my son started Kindergarten here. His experience was so positive we decided to stay. We felt it s a worthwhile investment and we feed into some of the best public schools in the state. The teachers are phenomenal and most class sizes are small. The standards are very high and the academics are challenging but there is a great deal of feedback from the teachers. My children are happy and encouraged to go the extra mile. There is recess and my kids are learning proper manners and morals. Very nice families and no snooty attitudes present in the halls of this school. Our family loves the faith based aspect of the school but appreciates that academics is a strong focus as well. Plus they offer Spanish, art, music, gym, computer lab, just installed a new science lab, real gym class and interactive smart boards. During afterschool the teachers help my son complete his homework or practice his spelling words before he gets home! All of the teachers take the extra time to bring out the best in each student. There is a transitional Kindergarten, which is hard to find. Worth checking out!

I'm a parent of 2 preschoolers at Faith. There is truly a family feeling at the school. When we walk in, the receptionist knows my family, every teacher on the preschool hall knows my family, even if they haven't taught my kids, even the lunch room workers know me and my boys! Because of all school activities, there are always one or two middle school girls who run up to my kids and greet them by name. I heard a teacher at open house say "We enroll children, not scholars." This is true. The academics may not be of the caliber of Westminister, Walker School or other big name Atlanta private schools, but they certainly are solid, and the school has a nice mix of kids. The 8th graders who graduate from Faith are well rounded, confident, kind, AND academically prepared for high school.

My daughter attended Faith Lutheran from age 2 through Kindergarten. As a parent, the atmosphere was perfect. I as well as my daughter was greeted by name when we walked in the door and when I called, it was the same. The teachers were caring and nurturing and I will always cherish the time that she spent there. Awesome program!

Last modified Faith Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8