Marietta, GA

Posted March 04, 2014
I have 2 Walker graduates who attended from K through 12th grade and I highly recommend this school. This is truly a college prep school.My children graduated having had a wonderful school education and they are now excelling in their chosen colleges. They both took numerous Advanced Placement courses in HS,and felt prepared for their college educations. Our experience as parents was one of open communication with every grade level ,and numerous opportunities meet with teachers and staff as necessary. I would encourage families to tour Walker to get a feel of this amazing school ,and see the students at work during a typical school day.

The Walker School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter has been attending Walker for 3 years now. Overall, we are very happy about our experience there - especially the new leadership Mr. Jack Hall has installed -- most notably Ms. Megan Howard. It has a very 1950's culture, with wonderful parents who are equally involved and motivated for their own child's success. When considering schools, I felt that the most important person in my daughter's classroom is the quality of the teacher (see Gates Foundation research) and the values of a child's peers, which is a reflection of the parent's. Walker fulfills my hypothesis and is shaping my child's worldview and reinforces the values I am instilling in my daughter. While the tuition is an "investment," I am hopeful a much larger endowment will start growing so annual increases are kept low and I can continue to afford to send my child to the school for a few more years. My only concern is that I feel the general culture (as reflected by the communications from administration, teachers) forget that not all mothers are stay-at-home mommies.

Posted January 07, 2014
Horrible school. The teachers are arrogant and lack passion and empathy. The anti-bully promise is a joke. Basically you will pay a lot of money to be bullied and have your child bullied by peers, teachers and administrators, Administrators are deceptive and will be friendly until you question something. As one parent stated, " They wont say anything, but they will make you feel it". They are certainly behind in the area of technology and completely lack innovation in the way that they teach. . They have a great record in the area of college entrance but not for Ivy league schools. There is not much diversity so basically, if you want your child to live in a bubble, this is your school. If you want a more well rounded education, look at other private schools. This school is nice on the outside and a nightmare on the inside, It may work out for you. If it doesn't, there is no gray area, You will walk away destroyed and left feeling like you came out of an abusive relationship.

Posted January 04, 2014
THIS SCHOOL IS TERRIBLE! THE TEACHERS DONT EVEN HELP AND THE CLASSES ARE UNORGANIZED. THE KIDS ARE JERKS AND WONT TRY TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU! DONT BE FOOLED BY THE REVIEWS THIS SCHOOL IS PRISON! ONE TIME A KID WAS SHADOWING AND THE TEACHER MADE FUN OF HIM! WHO MAKES FUN OF A KID WHOS TRYING TO GO INTO THE SCHOOL. MY LIFE WAS AMAZING UNTIL I WAS ENROLLED IN THIS SCHOOL! I BEG YOU DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL ITS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND TO ME!

Posted August 27, 2013
As a graduate, I truly appreciated my Walker education once I got to college. I felt very confident and prepared even in a challenging college environment like Duke. The teachers are terrific; I had enthusiastic, intellectual teachers that I kept in touch with after leaving the school. I also appreciated that the size of the school allowed me to be involved in a wide variety of activities, which I certainly would not have been able to do if I had stayed in public school after 8th grade. I am now enjoying the Walker experience as a parent, which was an easy decision for our family.

Posted May 16, 2013
The preschool is fantastic! Located in it's own building with a dedicated playground, library, and lunchroom, the preschool caters to the youngest of students. Teachers work with every student to make sure that they become both confident and capable. My kids loved every minute and thought they were playing the whole time. Actually they were getting very ready for first grade and beyond.

Posted May 16, 2013
I have 2 boys who have been at Walker for 10+ years. Their teachers have been excellent, and the experiences have been wonderful. I would recommend Walker over public schools and any other private school.

Posted April 23, 2013
A wonderful investment. While our family makes sacrifices to have our children attend, we feel very good about our 'daily dividends' and the long term return! Our children are thriving in the lower school. They are encouraged and empowered by the amazing staff to tackle new information, ask thoughtful questions, and apply all that they are learning. The intellectual energy on campus is contagious! In addition, I could not ask for better role models for my son and daughter. We are extremely happy to be part of the Walker family.

Posted September 08, 2012
Beware, the lower school is a waste of money! The lower school has "several" teachers, who have been at Walker over 20 years, and are stuck in their ways. Far too many lower school teachers constantly demonstrate arrogance, haughtiness, judgmental attitudes, and, yes, even bully parents! They team together in meetings and run over parents. The communication from teachers is greatly lacking, and they clearly don't want to be bothered with parents contacting them. Don t ask the teachers to do anything, as they will turn the issue around and blame the student and parent. They also overwhelm students with an unrealistic amount of homework "every night", believing that translates into exceptional teaching! There is no gradebook or attendance record for parents to view online. Course assignments rarely involve technology. If you re a non-working parent, who has a lot of time to freely devote to the school, or you work on staff, or you buddy with the administrators and teachers, then your child will be favored in class. What a game! The high priced tuition doesn't mean a quality education! Don t be fooled! Their marketing skills are much stronger than their instructional skills!

Posted August 02, 2012
I LOVE WALKER!!!!!! I've been going since fifth grade, and i LOVE it!!! If your new all of the students, just take you in and be nice and kind to you. In middle school, you learn a lot, not only in academic's but, in being nice, being a leader and many other things. I RECOMMEND WALKER TO EVERYONE!!!! It is good even though it is expensive

The Walker School