PK-12|Private
1,054 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted March 04, 2016
Great School !!! Both of my kids have been in school with older one from 2nd Grade and younger one from Pre-K !!! My Kids absolutely love to go to school every day and every minute and look forward to it !!! Right from Headmaster to Principals of each Division to teachers - all of them are exceptionally good in their responsibilities. There is a personal touch and every student is known, nourished, encouraged and cared for their passion and growth. The school looks at the overall growth of the child than just focusing on academics alone. The school has been able to cater to exceptional gifted student in continuously challenging with higher level classes and tailored curriculum. The Fine Art program - Band, Drama, Orchestra and Chorus are exceptional with their teachings and productions. Every child has an opportunity to participate in a fine art program along with other academic and sports commitment. The teachers and school administration are very approachable and open to feedback and continuous improvement of the school including involving parents in the growth improvement process of the school. The Parent Ambassador programs says volumes of commitment from school about True Partnership in the Child's Education Path !!! I can keep writing pages and pages of the goodness, positive comments and reviews of the school and its members !!! Thank You Walker for such great years and being part of my and my children's life and look forward to many more years of partnership !!!

Posted September 12, 2015
I have been going to this school my whole life and it is like a mini family away from home. As soon as you join Walker, everyone excepts you for who you are no matter what you have done in the past. I spend most of my day there busy with academics and sports, and have teachers ready to help me after school if I need. If you are looking at a private school, choose Walket and you won't regret it.

Posted September 07, 2015
I taught 16 years in Georgia public schools, most of those years in the Metro Atlanta area, and at the time that my son was ready to begin school decided that I wanted every aspect of his education to be stellar. Walker has always had an excellent reputation as a college preparatory school. I had taught several students who had transferred from Walker and was always impressed with their knowledge of literature, writing and grammar (I taught high school English) as well as their mature and honorable manner. Having progressed from PreK to his sophomore year in high school, I can attest to many things: high quality academics, caring teachers, staff and ancillary workers; excellent character education and standards, and a great desire to continue improving. Yes, we have had a couple less than stellar teachers, but we have always been able to openly state our feelings in these situations and have seen action and improvement. As a department chair, I can tell you that every school has a few teachers who don't fit the bill. At least Walker has taken seriously the charge to provide excellent, caring educators to the students.

Posted August 21, 2015
Walker is where you want to be! We love this school. We conducted a thorough search for the right school for our children, including public schools in East Cobb/Midtown/Buckhead & the major private in Buckhead (to name a few). In my opinion, you cannot find better than Walker in metro-Atlanta, period. If you're in Buckhead looking for the right fit, make the reverse-commute drive up 41 & see the difference for yourself. You'll be blown away at the best-kept education secret in Atlanta! I'm amazed at my daughters' answers to, "How was your day?" They all delve in with "it was fantastic," "it was spectacular," or "it was so much fun!!" Why do I think this is the case? -clear, organized, advanced, research-based constructivist curriculum w/ tremendous support for your child to be successful -the best teachers, staff & school leadership in metro-Atlanta I've seen -fantastic lunch where managing food allergies is a breeze -exceptionally welcoming, diverse parent group 100% of their graduates are accepted into 4-year colleges. A Harvard acceptance was just announced last week. World famous alumni: Brandon Stanton who created Humans of New York, & former Braves pitcher & current Colorado Rockies pitcher, David Hale (Princeton alum), are examples of where alumni go from Walker (these are a couple of "wow" stories & there are plenty more). Walker treats teachers very well (Atlanta's Top Places to Work) to attract the best, most competent teachers. The principals are brilliant, well-spoken, hands-on, kind & fair. I'm beyond impressed w/1st grade. My daughters have had both of the current Kindergarten teachers--the best kindergarten teachers I could possibly imagine for them. Even the assistant teachers are well-qualified to be lead teachers (having masters degrees/lead teacher experience). Pre-K3 & Pre-K4 teachers my children have and have had are exactly who I'd want molding my children at this impressionable age. What's important to me is that they experience transformative learning and form meaningful relationships. Walker is life-changing for the family whose child is lucky enough to attend. If you can find a way to afford this school, it's the investment worth making where the results are tangible for a lifetime. If you can afford any school you want, this is THE place where you want to be challenged, valued, & inspired.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
They become an extended part of your family. They also cracked down hard on bullying when I was there. The rare instances that bullying happened were punished swiftly and fairly.

Posted June 02, 2015
I loved this school and hope to one day have the opportunity to send any future children I have there. Walker raises good people and good students.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2015
It was somewhat on par with the amount of college work I experienced at Mercer University.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
It is possible to just get through the system but not likely. They really customize the difficulty to your personal needs.

Posted March 04, 2014
I have 2 Walker graduates who attended from K through 12th grade and I highly recommend this school. This is truly a college prep school.My children graduated having had a wonderful school education and they are now excelling in their chosen colleges. They both took numerous Advanced Placement courses in HS,and felt prepared for their college educations. Our experience as parents was one of open communication with every grade level ,and numerous opportunities meet with teachers and staff as necessary. I would encourage families to tour Walker to get a feel of this amazing school ,and see the students at work during a typical school day.

The Walker School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter has been attending Walker for 3 years now. Overall, we are very happy about our experience there - especially the new leadership Mr. Jack Hall has installed -- most notably Ms. Megan Howard. It has a very 1950's culture, with wonderful parents who are equally involved and motivated for their own child's success. When considering schools, I felt that the most important person in my daughter's classroom is the quality of the teacher (see Gates Foundation research) and the values of a child's peers, which is a reflection of the parent's. Walker fulfills my hypothesis and is shaping my child's worldview and reinforces the values I am instilling in my daughter. While the tuition is an "investment," I am hopeful a much larger endowment will start growing so annual increases are kept low and I can continue to afford to send my child to the school for a few more years. My only concern is that I feel the general culture (as reflected by the communications from administration, teachers) forget that not all mothers are stay-at-home mommies.

700 Cobb Parkway North, Marietta, GA  30062